Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sagebrush posted:

Canada is eliminating individual mail delivery nationwide in favor of those blocks of mailboxes at the end of the street

actually this got cancelled as soon as the conservatives were ousted.

not just cancelled either, Canada post purposely waited until the election before doing anything with the plan and as soon as the conservatives were kicked they were like "lol yeah we're so not doing that, later shitlords"

it was basically insubordination by a massive government organisation against its own leaders and I am so loving hard right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
good for them, that loving 1) rules 2) makes a lot of sense

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Idgi why would they come to your house and leave a note instead of knocking

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

pointsofdata posted:

have you ever met a sociable mailman

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pointsofdata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWB1u4Ej2wc

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol @ "christ, what've you come as?"

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I had to argue with the post office because a new driver thought our driveway length was past the limit for actual deliveries (it wasn't) and they had a delay last year when the roof collapsed but i like them overall. Kinda pissed that 2 day shipping from amazon uses ups exclusively, I was getting next day shipping at super saver rates before

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Moist von Lipwig posted:

not just cancelled either, Canada post purposely waited until the election before doing anything with the plan and as soon as the conservatives were kicked they were like "lol yeah we're so not doing that, later shitlords"

it was basically insubordination by a massive government organisation against its own leaders and I am so loving hard right now

we got one of the boxes installed across from our house and they still put mail in it, dont know how much longer that'll last for.

extremely weird

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the existing ones aren't going anywhere but they aren't revoking door service for any more people who currently have it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Moist von Lipwig posted:

pure. pwnage.

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

bump to remind everyone that ups is garbage and that brown refers to the steaming turd they deliver more often than your packages

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

usps once lost a check for a p deece four and a half figgies

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

lomarf

gently caress ups

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Julie And Candy posted:

gently caress ups

:agreed:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it is literally unconstitutional to be against the usps

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

what the gently caress are these people saying

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Silver Alicorn posted:

morning

morning, poo poo myself there

whats this

nothing

"we called at 9:10am" thats just now "with a parcel, but you werent in. please collect it at the depot"

what parcel?

the one you have to collect

and why do I have to collect it?

because youre not in

well.. I am in. can I take a wild guess at what happened here, chris?

yes

its easier for you to fill out these cards than actually do your job and deliver parcels

yes

now ive got to move my old rear end down to the depot because youre a lazy bastard

yes, we pretend that youre not in because it saves us carrying the parcels all the way up here

*squirts postman in sauce*

oh, whos done that to you? Not me, because im not in! listen here, its my birthday today - many happy returns - thanks very much. You bring the parcel to me at the clansman (pub) at opening time and ill feel the need NOT to call your supervisor.

christ, what have you come as?

happy brithday victor. have you told him yet, Jack?

back off, Isa. shut up, im telling him

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"Christ, what have you come as?" cracks me up

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

"Christ, what have you come as?" cracks me up

the show is our greatest export, more so than whiskey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_f5KWdiL8&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTihFVaVV34

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 23, 2015

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

usps left a print my wife ordered flat on our exposed porch on a windy day. i instantly thought of this thread and got extremely angry

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Valeyard posted:

yes, we pretend that youre not in because it saves us carrying the parcels all the way up here

this was the only part of the video that I couldn't decipher

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the usps and amtrak are both really dumb not because they are bad ideas, but because congress is schizophrenic. you cannot order a firm to provide money-losing services, then chastise its management for losing money. that is not reasonable behavior

if we want usps/amtrak to make money, don't saddle them with dumbass mandated services

if we want usps/amtrak to provide minimum levels of universal service, stop worrying about penny shavings and subsidize them with tax dollars.

you can't have it both ways

the purpose is to make the postal service look bad, get them defunded and eventually privatized because the free market knows best. that's the idea at least and why the usps retirement funding is always such a fiasco

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Broken Machine posted:

the purpose is to make the postal service look bad, get them defunded and eventually privatized because the free market knows best. that's the idea at least and why the usps retirement funding is always such a fiasco

exactly. see also: virtually all other agencies

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Owns

Still Owns

Silver Alicorn posted:

yer maw

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

overall you should not use windows 10, but here's a tool to improve the privacy somewhat

https://www.privacytools.io/#win10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

PleasureKevin posted:

overall you should not use windows 10, but here's a tool to improve the privacy somewhat

https://www.privacytools.io/#win10

thanks kev

• Locked thread