Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Literally Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Are there any YouTube videos of this?

I would like to watch very much.

Also gently caress Frank Luntz, if he ever wanted to conduct a loving real focus group he would allow his participants as much alcohol as they wished. Alcohol, after all, is the lubrication of inhibition and the revealor of truths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2KQHMc7E5M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Immortan posted:

All the people on his "focus group" are staged.

It is odd that every focus group after every debate has followed whatever narrative the establishment pushes

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

My Imaginary GF posted:

Are there any YouTube videos of this?

I would like to watch very much.

Also gently caress Frank Luntz, if he ever wanted to conduct a loving real focus group he would allow his participants as much alcohol as they wished. Alcohol, after all, is the lubrication of inhibition and the revealor of truths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKH6PAoUuD0

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Pick posted:

I missed this one, what was the most absurd thing said all night?

Rubio said that Obama's defense spending priorities was causing us to have the smallest and weakest air force in our nation's entire history. Twice.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Vile posted:

It is odd that every focus group after every debate has followed whatever narrative the establishment pushes

It illustrates how loving retarded & gullible the average Fox viewer is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

spoon0042 posted:

CNN just declared the notion that the San Bernardino shooting could have been stopped if only the PC police let us monitor facebook... FALSE.

Not that anyone will care, and I'm not sure they should.

All day I saw this exchange on Fox News.

"Obama wouldn't let they check Facebook and that's why this happened."
"Well, actually authorities say she used fake names and privacy setting so it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway."
"PC kills! Did you hear some principal banned Santa and the Pledge of Allegiance?!"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Boosted_C5 posted:

Luntz focus group just on FOX. Cruz scored big with them as well apparently.

Oh God I have something in common with a Frank Luntz focus group.

I havn't watched it yet, but it seems like Luntz focus groups always just pick whoever the establishment happens to be pulling for at the time.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Kingfish posted:

I havn't watched it yet, but it seems like Luntz focus groups always just pick whoever the establishment happens to be pulling for at the time.

That's exactly the opposite of what's been happening the last couple months and Luntz himself is suicidal. Watch his CBS focus group from last week.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aliquid posted:

That's exactly the opposite of what's been happening the last couple months and Luntz himself is suicidal. Watch his CBS focus group from last week.

Personally, I like Frank. He seems like a smart guy who is only just a bit too nerdy to make it himself as a bluedog in American politics.

If you ever have half an hour and see Frank, ask him what his favorite Star Wars is.

NOTE: Above answer may change this week dependent upon public opinion.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Wrong thread.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Im a little more bothered by cruz than trump because it seems like cruz has the sipport of the gop heads

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Kingfish posted:

Doesn't Luntz openly boast that he can manipulate his group's to any conclusion he wants? Like, isn't that why people hire him, to rig these things? And why he's having a Rovian freak out that it's not working with Trump?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I can assure you 100% that the Republican Heads DO NOT like Ted Cruz.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Aliquid posted:

The post debate groups are different; those are created to push a narrative. The narrative is CRUZ/CHRISTIE won. The plan is to have Cruz win Iowa, Christie win New Hampshire, and to box Trump out and finish him off early.

The focus groups you are talking about are more legit and pure nightmare fuel.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
crazy people talking up carly on cnn right now

e: ted cruz making poo poo up, and now even cnn is sick of this and is rerunning the debate

Polygynous has issued a correction as of 07:01 on Dec 16, 2015

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
lol Hillary freakin out about Trump on twitter "we can't let Trump win the white house".

Hillary, you're going to be stuttering worse than Jeb! does by the time God Emperor Trump is done with you.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Zas posted:

yeah there was a lot in the body language. cruz look liked the supplicant and trump looked like a terrifying lizard

cruz was the grima wormtongue to trump's saruman

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pick posted:

I missed this one, what was the most absurd thing said all night?

"Petreaus was driven out because he told Obama things he didn't want to hear." - Carly

Oh, and she criticized Rubio for not having executive experience like her.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

STAC Goat posted:

Doesn't Luntz openly boast that he can manipulate his group's to any conclusion he wants? Like, isn't that why people hire him, to rig these things? And why he's having a Rovian freak out that it's not working with Trump?

I dare you to put yourself in a room with Luntz and not be willing to tell him what he wishes to hear after 3 hours.

USM has another name than 'focus group' for this technique of producing results from detainees. They even have a memo from John Yoo authorizing its usage.

Hollismason posted:

I can assure you 100% that the Republican Heads DO NOT like Ted Cruz.

Alas, poor Hollismason, FoxNews is nothing without its Republican tails.

My Imaginary GF has issued a correction as of 07:12 on Dec 16, 2015

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OH god, Carson is explaining Islam to Hannity. Now Hannity is quoting Nigel Farage.

Hanitty introduced Carson by playing that bizarre "boots" rant Carson did as a "highlight."

Hannity is such a scary look into that world

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Alright, I just got up, December 15 has passed, so that means that Jeb! destroyed Trump last night, right?

(Edit: Forgot the ! after Jeb!, because I am so excited!)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Trump just didn't do it for me this time. His little back and forth with Jeb was great but he showed he had nothing for Rubio and Cruz. And I don't like either of those as the nominee because the American public cannot be trusted THAT much.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Sir Tonk posted:

Please tell me someone got a screenshot of Bush's "oh" when Wolf cut Fiorina off

Tried to capture the clip as an animation, but no luck.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Was "Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays" mentioned?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

McGlockenshire posted:

"Well isn't that conveeeeeeenient."

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

mike12345 posted:

Was "Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays" mentioned?

No :eng99: Wolf was the only one to even wish anyone a Merry Christmas (followed by a Happy Holidays).

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

Looks like he's failing an attempt at pantomiming a blowjob.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lmao

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I'm looking through a filter of how huge racists on /pol/ see the world

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot
Anybody discuss shootings that weren't Paris or San Bernadino?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SnakePlissken posted:

The subject of the debate was TERRORISM and NATIONAL SECURITY not gun control. Is anyone else disgusted by the media decision to always mention Paris and San Bernardino in the same breath?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SnakePlissken posted:

Nope.

Which is a prime example of how they see the problems of the country when handgun violence gets no play, but there was actually a line about the Heroin epidemic that's sweeping White upper-middle class suburbia.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They just don't say where the heroin is coming from.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

A good opportunity for one of my favourite quotes this cycle:

Rand Paul posted:

If you work all day long, you don’t have time to do heroin.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Maybe Fiorina claiming that she was tested on 9/11 because she had to implement emergency security measures for HP stores in 100+ countries?

this is like when i had to fill out a resume during college and put my participation in a high school play as "technical experience" when all i did was push the on switch for a spotlight

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

someone said that fiorina's story about having to deliver a bunch of HP computers to the government after 9/11 for surveillance is probably true and also probably still classified (they pieced it together from redacted documents I guess.)

obviously I don't know if it's true or classified but that's what I read on the internet.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

I'm looking through a filter of how huge racists on /pol/ see the world

:qq:

#Stumped

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

im waiting for a candidate to make abortion into a national security issue

we cant let these radical in vivo extremists continue to take american lives

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

mike12345 posted:

A good opportunity for one of my favourite quotes this cycle:

Well duh, that's what meth is for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
So was there anything good in this debate or was it just the same set of clowns ineffectually flapping at each other

• Locked thread