Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Literally Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
“That sound you hear from Las Vegas is the last psi of air leaking out of Jeb Bush’s tires. Adios.” — Michelle Malkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Obliterati posted:

So was there anything good in this debate or was it just the same set of clowns ineffectually flapping at each other

Cruz and Trump both hate terrorists and know how to bomb the poo poo outta them

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Obliterati posted:

So was there anything good in this debate or was it just the same set of clowns ineffectually flapping at each other

Some of the individual slapfights were mildly entertaining
- Jeb! repeatedly showing how Trump can in fact tapdance into the White House by insulting people
- Cruz getting owned by Wolf Blitzer for never shutting up
- Cruz taking a big swig of water on the split screen as Rubio's trying to talk
- Pretty much everything Lindsey Graham did in the kiddie debate

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Fiorina starting to show some seriously entertaining amounts of desperation also spiced things up.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

lol This is avatar material.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Fiorina starting to show some seriously entertaining amounts of desperation also spiced things up.

The only thing Fiorina can disrupt is an entertaining debate.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

McGlockenshire posted:

Tried to capture the clip as an animation, but no luck.

Holy poo poo this looks so cool when you scroll up and down

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

BORK BORK BORK

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Or in reverse:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

either way, he's jerkin it

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
O! face

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

lol

the big twist is that jeb! is a jim henson production

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
no trump is

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

thanks for the av

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Obliterati posted:

Carson said "Rinse Pubis"

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

blunt for century posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVd-3SkRUo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Rubio said that Obama's defense spending priorities was causing us to have the smallest and weakest air force in our nation's entire history. Twice.

That's pretty loving funny.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I was half-listening to NPR and they had some "Republican strategist" or something on to analyze the debate. Surprisingly, he thought they were all amazing! Why even bother?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

spoon0042 posted:

I was half-listening to NPR and they had some "Republican strategist" or something on to analyze the debate. Surprisingly, he thought they were all amazing! Why even bother?

Republicans are all just varying degrees of right nowadays. Except Jeb!. :(

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

blunt for century posted:

To be fair, this is some of the best advice that a doctor can offer.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

no trump is

it's a little insulting to compare a relative lightweight like trump to the dominar of 16 billion subjects

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
The burning question in everyone's mind has been answered

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/263408-carson-behind-cough-during-gop-debate

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Physician, heal thyself!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Who the gently caress are we going to kick around when Jeb! Finally drops out?

Rand Paul?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Joementum posted:

Physician, heal thyself!

"I'm not sick, just getting over this month-long cough."

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Microwaves Mom posted:

Rand Paul?

I'm hoping they pick on Christie's fat rear end more.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Obliterati posted:

It was one of the best comedies of the year. It had some truly classic lines like Carson saying that he "isn't much of a talker. I do a lot of doing."

There was a chorus of dog whistles accentuated by Trump turning his fog horn on continually louder.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NPR is hot garbage when it comes to coverage. They specialize in masturbatory reviews of solo albums by musicians you've never heard of from bands who have been broken up for 30 years, and classical music when the only good radio station decided to play that awful renegades song for the 6th time that hour

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I actually like NPR (although it really does help that the public radio news station and the public classical music station are separate in my town); for all its glaringly milquetoast faults that make me want to bang my head against a wall it's still the best single news source I've found that covers global news.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

Rand Paul?

If Jeb drops out, the race is probably over by then.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I actually like NPR (although it really does help that the public radio news station and the public classical music station are separate in my town); for all its glaringly milquetoast faults that make me want to bang my head against a wall it's still the best single news source I've found that covers global news.

Yeah their news doesn't seem far off from the BBC model which is pretty decent, with the obvious caveats of milquetoastness

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

NPR is hot garbage when it comes to coverage. They specialize in masturbatory reviews of solo albums by musicians you've never heard of from bands who have been broken up for 30 years, and classical music when the only good radio station decided to play that awful renegades song for the 6th time that hour

HEY HEY HEY

HEY HEY HEY

LIVIN LIKE WE'RE RENEGADES

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

If Jeb drops out, the race is probably over by then.

The race is already basically over. The right will try to ruin Trump and Cruz only to fail hideously. The genie is out and won't go back in the bottle.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

FourLeaf posted:

Carly always singles out Hillary more than anyone else. She does this every time. Why?

"We're both women!... But I'm the better woman, so vote for me!" :downs:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

zeal posted:

it's a little insulting to compare a relative lightweight like trump to the dominar of 16 billion subjects

I want a sci fi series about trump being abducted by aliens and being very smug about ruling earth

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Baloogan posted:

I want a sci fi series about trump being abducted by aliens and being very smug about ruling earth

But Sy Fy only just aired Childhood's End!

(To explain the nerd joke, the series is about how aliens end up running earth and they look like this.)

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Thank you for explaining your joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Microwaves Mom posted:

Rand Paul?

Definitely Christie. Trump will switch from bullying the nerd to bullying the fat kid. Won't work out as well though, the only reason it's devastating to Jeb is he has clearly never been bullied before in his life and doesn't know how to handle it. Christie won't put up with it.

• Locked thread