Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A pw writer as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Motosada Mori ftw.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Without him there would be no cqc or mgs3 snake knife gun stance.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Co director / writer of MGS4, and one of the three writers for MGSV.

ohhh.. well i personally thought the tone of mgs4 was a little off so i can understand not thinking hes good. but he was the guy who wrote the non plot heavy missions in mgs 5 wasnt he. maybe its good to have someone handling that stuff

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got hyped every time i saw an etsu tamari (the guy who wrote mgr) mission but there generally wasnt much going on in those

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i got hyped every time i saw an etsu tamari (the guy who wrote mgr) mission but there generally wasnt much going on in those

Me too haha

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The guy who was lead writer and scenario/world designer for 1 through 3 deserves more credit.. can't even remember his name which kinds proves the point. I wonder where he is now.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

As far asMGS goes I know Kojima, Fukushima and Yoji Shinkawa offhand but that's about it...

So Toyota

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

He's so loving Toyota

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

"There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person," says Hideo Kojima, creator of Metal Gear and Snatcher.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

The guy who was lead writer and scenario/world designer for 1 through 3 deserves more credit.. can't even remember his name which kinds proves the point. I wonder where he is now.
Murata I think. you can really feel his absence in 4 and 5 , much as it pains me to admit it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

No it's Fukushima or something. Murata is the one I don't like.. who incidentally did the vampire mini game in 3 iirc

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
whoever wrote mgs 3 is the good writer. whoever wrote mgs peace walker or 5 is the bad writer. and whoever wrote 4 should be shot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the writing in all the games, to various degrees. Even 4 has its moments

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

No it's Fukushima or something. Murata is the one I don't like.. who incidentally did the vampire mini game in 3 iirc
Vampire minigame?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Vampire minigame?

Haha after I wrote that I wondered how/if you would react. I dont think its in the HD version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Vampire minigame?

It's prototype for a vampire themed beat em up that I don't think ever actually came out. But I could be wrong

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

In Training posted:

4 has the one half hour moment where the entire army of the united states surrounds ocelot and he beats them all by making gun motions with his fingers while shouting bang. the magnus opus of video games.

other than that, it was a terrible story, which sucks cause the story happened to be 90% of that loving game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fucker posted:

4 has the one half hour moment where the entire army of the united states surrounds ocelot and he beats them all by making gun motions with his fingers while shouting bang. the magnus opus of video games.

other than that, it was a terrible story, which sucks cause the story happened to be 90% of that loving game.

You have bad taste and should return to games or GBS, whichever suits you.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Black Baby Goku posted:

You have bad taste and should return to games or GBS, whichever suits you.

He's right.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Haha after I wrote that I wondered how/if you would react. I dont think its in the HD version.
Oh yeah I heard they took some sort of skating thing out of MGS2 HD as well.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
(making circles with my thumb and pointers fingers and looking through them at a distant helicopter) Look, Sneakmans

(startled into attention like a hypnotist snapped his fingers when I hear a knocking sound) Sneakmans? Uh, Mom?

(when I see a large box walking out of a truck before realizing its being carried by a UPS guy) Sneakmans....

(kneeling in the street in the middle of a raging thunder storm, ripping my shirt apart and screaming at the sky) SNEAKMANS

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a bay posted:

(making circles with my thumb and pointers fingers and looking through them at a distant helicopter) Look, Sneakmans

(startled into attention like a hypnotist snapped his fingers when I hear a knocking sound) Sneakmans? Uh, Mom?

(when I see a large box walking out of a truck before realizing its being carried by a UPS guy) Sneakmans....

(kneeling in the street in the middle of a raging thunder storm, ripping my shirt apart and screaming at the sky) SNEAKMANS
:whitewater:

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

a bay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5pGm4vvQto

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Tomokazu_Fukushima

Tomokazu Fukushima cowrote MGS1-3 wrote all of the Snake Tales in Substance, and wrote Ghost Babel.

Hes the loving man. Can't find any info on whats happened to him though. Hopefully they bring him on board for the new Kojima Productions

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Eagle posted:

Motosada Mori ftw.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 18, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

5 gets a little too much flak.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The tapes in V are awesome, as are all of the major cutscenes. I think spacing a few hours of cinematics over 100 hours just lessens their impact compared to a game like MGS3

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Vampire minigame?

It's a hidden demo in the original version of mgs3. It's a cool easter egg. Around the same time Sigint starts talking about his nightmare poo poo mech.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The poo poo codec is also not in the HD collection, sadly.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Action Tortoise posted:

It's a hidden demo in the original version of mgs3. It's a cool easter egg. Around the same time Sigint starts talking about his nightmare poo poo mech.

it actually violated the sony terms of service or w/e, since it would force the PS2 to fake-reboot (loving awesome) which I assume is why its not included in rereleases

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
MGSV also did this thing where the knockoff military vehicle designs looked better than the the real ones. Is there a reason non-authentic weapons/vehicles are used?

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

5 gets a little too much flak.

compared to 4 and peace walker, 5 is a masterpiece in writing. ppl just expected too much from it based on the trailers and poo poo.

either ways, it's irrelevant because the game is insanely good, good story or not.

Fucker fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 18, 2015

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fucker posted:

compared to 4 and peace walker, 5 is a masterpiece in writing. ppl just expected too much from it based on the trailers and poo poo.

either ways, it's irrelevant because the game is insanely good, good story or not.

whats wrong with peace walker ?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Strangelove and Hot Coldman aren't the best MG characters, but he'll, the names alone are epic enough. Pacifica Ocean

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hot Coldman.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like strangelove a lot

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hot Coldman ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Huey was great in PW and even better in V. Probably my favorite character in the game, that or Kaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The PW names are a good throwback to the original ridiculous MG2 ones. It's too bad the MG2 localization changed all of the names.

• Locked thread