Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/840111496050823172

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hahaha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Lmao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i didn't realize until today that kojima made that GBA game that used a solar sensor in the ROM, boktai

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

i didn't realize until today that kojima made that GBA game that used a solar sensor in the ROM, boktai

the sequel is a really cool action rpg in its own right

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Dude you can get the solar gun from Boktai on MGS4 (it instakills Vamp lol)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The MGS movie is being directed by the Kong Skull Island guy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't know there was going to be a MGS movie that's going to be awful

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis posted:

That movie is getting good reviews weirdly enough

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

Yeah MGS is already the MGS movie, gently caress off hollywood

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
An MGS1 movie without the codec is unthinkable

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

MGS movie is coming out next tuesday

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It will be better than MGS5

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

The La Li Lu Le Land??

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

In Training posted:

Any Metal Gear to screen project should be on TV. A MGS movie will be dogshit.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

nahhh mgs prestige tv would make me angrier than a bad mgs movie

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
An MGS movie wouldn't have enough time to show off all the FOXHOUND agents and give them enough character other than just one off personalities.

It wouldn't really affect Vulcan Raven other than them cutting off the talk about Alaskan Ear Pulling.

Also I think it'd be written so dead on straight and miss out on the fourth wall bs the games like to poke fun at.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Translating MGS to a different medium would be incredibly difficult and I don't think anybody would be able to really do it unless it was barely related to the games and they just used the ideas as a springboard into something original, but then, nobody would make it because it doesn't have the right brand so it's a lose-lose situation

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Metal Gear Solid is too good of a video game to ever be a movie.. it use its medium flawlessly. To translate it to another would be to shave off its most important qualities (e.g. having control over the protagonist -- um snake, hello? yeah. didnt want you to shoot that guy). For example, nobody cares about ;oh that guy saw the footprints snake just made in the snow' if it's a movie. Oh and answer me this. How do they handle the Psycho Mantis fight on the silver screen without controller port 2. Don't worry, I'll wait.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
They could just not put that part in the movie.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

doughvakiin posted:

Metal Gear Solid is too good of a video game to ever be a movie.. it use its medium flawlessly. To translate it to another would be to shave off its most important qualities (e.g. having control over the protagonist -- um snake, hello? yeah. didnt want you to shoot that guy). For example, nobody cares about ;oh that guy saw the footprints snake just made in the snow' if it's a movie. Oh and answer me this. How do they handle the Psycho Mantis fight on the silver screen without controller port 2. Don't worry, I'll wait.

The movie fades to black, and to continue watching you have to switch to another theater.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

T r a v i s posted:

They could just not put that part in the movie.

Not even going to entertain this :rolleyes: fly away little troll

Nude posted:

The movie fades to black, and to continue watching you have to switch to another theater.

Get real.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anything they would include it wholesale without changes to the script.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Like best thing I can think of is making the codec exchanges voiceovers over montages of snake and FOXHOUND doing poo poo but there will definitely be people lost in the adaptation, like Nastasha and Decoy.

Mantis would stay bc he's integral to the first game's experience but the control fuckery would change to some generic mind trip poo poo and harsh close ups in Dutch angles.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome interactions.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snake would exit the room, walk off the set, and edit the script to show him beating Psycho Mantis.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They could play it off like it was a Mantis-induced hallucination, but the audience would know. They would watch Snake shake hands with Hideo Kojima in his cameo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Snake would exit the room, walk off the set, and edit the script to show him beating Psycho Mantis.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

cant wait to see the metal gear movie and the halo movie directed by peter jackson. 2005 is shaping up to be one crazy rear end year

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

cant wait to see the metal gear movie and the halo movie directed by peter jackson. 2005 is shaping up to be one crazy rear end year

Halo FTW

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, i forgot that existed

• Locked thread