Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

woa....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Pretty loving epic logo there..

don't gently caress with this developer

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Benny D posted:

I love hideo and I know everyone else here does too but the more this konami nonsense goes on the more it feels like one of those situations where your buddy has a smoking hot girlfriend & none of you can believe he would have ever kicked her out but you aren't the ones putting up with her poo poo every day

yeah, maybe, if it weren't for all the insane stuff like removing kojima's name from MGSV, patching TPP to do the same, and not letting him accept awards for the game he created

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress yeah

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

That dude was pretty good in dr strange

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Plutonis posted:

I really wish Suda and Hideo teamed up

Idk I think their styles are too distinct and it would end up kind of a worst of both worlds deal

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

You can extrapolate from his design style though. His games are all built from the inside out (maybe not snatcher). In all of the mgs5 interviews before Ground Zeroes came out he really pressed how much time they spend making sure the controls are tight and the game is fun to play before they start laying on graphics and story elements.Theres a good video I posted in the last couple of metal gear July threads from like 97 where he had built alll of metal gear solids levels out of Legos and was walking through them with a tiny hand camera to show his team exactly how he wanted the camera to shift when you switched perspectives and stuff.

Here it is
https://youtu.be/L6aPAncMHKA

I think the thing that stuck with me the most about MGSV didn't have to do with the plot or any of the cutscenes, it was that I could finally roll over while prone and shoot at people above/behind me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

thats because the plot is trash and the only worthwhile thing about mgs5 is the gameplay/movement mechanics

this is true, it just was my first metal gear game and it seemed like all anyone talked about was how crazy the plot of the series was

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I know everyone on the planet agrees but it needs to be said periodically, MGS3 has the best boss fights in the series

without question

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

apparently there are kojima productions/death stranding easter eggs in horizon zero dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

• Locked thread