Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Pretty loving epic logo there..

Developer Sans Frontier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

ya it's weird how some ppl idolize him and act like he's some kind of god but the man does make some extremely good games

I like his interviews and the way he handles the process of making those games. He's meticulous in a way most people in creative spaces aren't and it's rare

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think there's one paragraph about trying to talk to him but he was too busy looking at footage of doorknobs to make sure the texture/lighting was right for the shot or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i think steve jobs liked to sneak into farms at night and ahve gay sex with the horses lol.

Hell, who can blame him after a long day of making iPhones.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i cant fault ppl for only knowing the names of the bigger people involved in games. probably some metal gear fan who also makes 3d models for games might know the names of the 3d modelling team. on the other hand a lot of regular metal gear fans at least know the music and art design guys because its easy to appreciate that.

I think it's cool in V that every mission has the credits so like, individual level designers get credit. I've never seen something like that before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But yeh, people have been arguing about the value of attributing movies to directors for about 60 years. Some as old as spring, for those people who work on the films, they get their name out to the professionals who need to know it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It sounds like all he major names he likes to work with in lighting , sound, design etc. and a lot of the people from the Konami studio jumped ship to this new one. It's a really similar team and whatever they do will probably be cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

whos that ?

Co director / writer of MGS4, and one of the three writers for MGSV.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A pw writer as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the writing in all the games, to various degrees. Even 4 has its moments

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Vampire minigame?

It's prototype for a vampire themed beat em up that I don't think ever actually came out. But I could be wrong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The tapes in V are awesome, as are all of the major cutscenes. I think spacing a few hours of cinematics over 100 hours just lessens their impact compared to a game like MGS3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The poo poo codec is also not in the HD collection, sadly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Strangelove and Hot Coldman aren't the best MG characters, but he'll, the names alone are epic enough. Pacifica Ocean

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Huey was great in PW and even better in V. Probably my favorite character in the game, that or Kaz.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Her MGSV tape is incredible.

It's really sad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first person to travel to space part was in 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also, rehashing the Boss' story with tweaks and misconceptions is the plot of every MGS game after 2, and kind of the point of the whole series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I actually thought V was funny in how all the marketing indicated that the game would show BB's downfall from the idealist he used to be into the cynical and amoral maniac he is in the original MG games and experimenting with illegal weaponry and child soldiers and stuff while the final game had Venom going around saving children and fultoning as many people as he can and generally being kind and merciful. People are still really upset about that

I also think it's funny in retrospect that the trailers include footage from, I believe, every single cutscene in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The reveal of extremely high def Big Boss in the first trailer that proudly proclaimed "Snake is BACK!" while cutting to footage of him unloading an AK on a cage of child soldiers was epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

if you didn't drive around mother base for hours listening to all the tapes then i don't know what to tell you man, you're broken

I listened to them while doing missions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was the weird thing about MGS4, considering the entire story was about the evils of the ballooning war economy, and the game was also full of licensed guns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i think theyve said they had ipods because they like ipods

Makes sense

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And i got my drat hopes up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Remembering the scene where Boss treks through miles of dangerous jungle and evades countless blood-thirsty henchman to rescue Code Talker and when he finally shows up Code Talker motions over to him and says Oh poo poo. Big Boss. Whats up! Come hit this poo poo!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

MGS4 would've been better if snake died at the end instead of dying offscreen afterwards

I wish they did the original ending of snake and Otacon being sentenced to death after standing trial as international terrorists

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i dont think death stranding is going to come out until like, 2020. So i would just relax about learning new stuff about it for a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/kaizerkunkun/status/804490064273096704

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The most exciting thing to me from the trailer is that it looks like it's going to keep the same single camera aesthetic that made MGSV so amazing to look at. Especially since this game looks like full blown horror

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

its only been one day and i already hate the name "Mads Mikkelsen" from seeing it too many times

I went through this with liking Hannibal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I hope its fundamentally like metal gear. it seems like it will be

I'm hoping it's like a feature length version of the MGSV hospital

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I lent my friend who just got a ps4 a copy of MGSV and he's loving it. He's also never played a MGS game before so we may have some epic marathons coming up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I was thinking of playing these again because I tried out Let It Die and it wasn't doing anything for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

theyre both fuckin great, two of my favorite games ever

I rented 2 first because the cover looked loving cool and after watching the opening cutscene I popped the disc out and thought "i have to play 1 to figure out what the gently caress this game is about". Then I played 1, got all excited to play 2, booted it up and it still makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and I got compeltely trolled

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is Killer is Dead any cool? Let it Die has a sweet aesthetic but the gameplay is weirdly stiff and its a free to play game so, meh. I was never interested in lollipop chainsaw and kinda wrote off suda/grasshopper as kinda creatively bunk at some point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should have listened to sylvia...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtAQgChJZwg&t=137s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Travis Touchdown

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Helter Skelter's brother Skelter Helter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My current hit for that is blending in for excessively long times long after anyone is paying attention to me in the new Hitman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The most interesting thing about let it die is that they made a f2p game where the framing device is you're playing an arcade game and the microtransactions are you putting in a quarter to keep playing which is funny.

• Locked thread