Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

I've had lots of girlfriends, and most of them we're pretty hot too.
The men's names?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

You're not a person, you're a filthy loving normie these days.
He had the fourth-most posts in the last DOTA thread, according to one of the crazy DOTA thread weirdos.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eight million game journalists begin to over-analyze the phrase "something solid."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

The guy makes great games. Snatcher, policenauts, boktai, zoe. Can't wait to see what's next
I just realized the solar gun in MGS4 is a Boktai reference.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ragg posted:

"There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person," says Hideo Kojima, creator of Metal Gear and Snatcher.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

No it's Fukushima or something. Murata is the one I don't like.. who incidentally did the vampire mini game in 3 iirc
Vampire minigame?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Haha after I wrote that I wondered how/if you would react. I dont think its in the HD version.
Oh yeah I heard they took some sort of skating thing out of MGS2 HD as well.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

That was the weird thing about MGS4, considering the entire story was about the evils of the ballooning war economy, and the game was also full of licensed guns.
I assumed all the name-brand stuff like the iPod were there as commentary, like brand names in American Psycho or something, but I'm not actually sure. There's some sloppy writing in 4.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i think theyve said they had ipods because they like ipods
That's cool.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Idk I think their styles are too distinct and it would end up kind of a worst of both worlds deal
It's hard to say what Kojima's style is, because he does so little that isn't MGS. We know what the MGS style is, but that just means Kojima has tried to be consistent within the series. With the Death Stranding trailer, we can expand that to "very film-inspired" but that's about it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

You can extrapolate from his design style though. His games are all built from the inside out (maybe not snatcher). In all of the mgs5 interviews before Ground Zeroes came out he really pressed how much time they spend making sure the controls are tight and the game is fun to play before they start laying on graphics and story elements.Theres a good video I posted in the last couple of metal gear July threads from like 97 where he had built alll of metal gear solids levels out of Legos and was walking through them with a tiny hand camera to show his team exactly how he wanted the camera to shift when you switched perspectives and stuff.
These are good points. Kojima and Shiggy M. both talk a lot in interviews about player experience and ensuring their players have fun.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Snakes stamina bar dropping during cutscenes in MGS4 still cracks me up
One of the things I love about the first four MGS games especially is how transparently a video game they are. Enemies drop things in floating boxes, you move your controller to another port to beat a boss, and in a cutscene Snake has infinite ammo because he's wearing the bandana. It's awesome. Tons of games work hard to pretend they're not a game and never acknowledge that, and I love that the MGS series just says "hey, it's a video game, you do video game things."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

the best joke was in mgs4 when you're returning to the part where you have to switch discs and otacon calls you up to brag about how great Blu Rays are for being dual layer.
If you have a controller with rumble, Psycho Mantis gets extremely excited.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mithaldu posted:

Everytime i see the title i read "Hideo Kojima has been set on fire."
He's been on fire since 1998.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think 2 is better than 3. I enjoy the faster gameplay and not spending as much time in menus, the Big Shell is amazing as a giant facility to sneak around, even more than Shadow Moses, and I think that, aside from the bits of MGS3 with the Boss, MGS2 has more interesting writing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I think 2 has better writing but 3 has the better setting and concepts
I think I just don't like sneaking around forests and stuff as much as big facilities. But don't get me wrong, 2 and 3 are my favorite games in the series, and it's a really close thing. 3 has better bosses and nothing like the Nikita segment. 3 is also hard to put down: I played the whole thing in a day my first time. Didn't even realize it. So I totally get why most people prefer it, MGS2 just checks every box for me in terms of what I like in a game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

It's kinda cool that the new Hitman is basically a game of nothing but Ground Zeroes missions. Doesn't play as well but what can you expect from Scandinavians.
They do completely different things, it's tough to compare.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snake, you know what an avatar is, right? It's a 3-D image you use to represent yourself.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

they should make a game about a cyborg big boss that way i can have epic MGSV gameplay throughout all the conflicts of time, just like my other favorite game series (before I found the series starting with MGSV P), Assassins Creed. Awesome.
What if they did this for every game? BossVision would be awesome, the ability to drop Big Boss into any game.

Big Boss in Dead Rising: [Big Boss says nothing because Kiefer Sutherland is very expensive]

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoRYWinS_u8

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snake would exit the room, walk off the set, and edit the script to show him beating Psycho Mantis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They could play it off like it was a Mantis-induced hallucination, but the audience would know. They would watch Snake shake hands with Hideo Kojima in his cameo.

• Locked thread