Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm ready to see what his next game will be. The man is a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't know anyone who's had a girlfriend

You know me

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

He had the fourth-most posts in the last DOTA thread, according to one of the crazy DOTA thread weirdos.

They are all cool guys lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

You're not a person, you're a filthy loving normie these days.

That hurts dude

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

The men's names?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

SO, basically you're saying you're a man-loving Homo? Just playing

[knucs head pops comically through a half open door, the audience hoots and hollers]

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

First its just a little fedora and the audience is laughing and then he fully shows himself and the audience explodes with applause.

Haha

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bideo Kojames

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
For its first project, Kojima said, "I’m thinking smaller-scale, not too many people, and focusing on game creation at first." From there, Kojima says it’s possible the studio could expand beyond games.
"The focus is on digital content, so we could consider movies, animations, anything," Kojima said. "But first I think people expect games from me. That’s where I want to put my focus. Once we have an established IP in games, something solid that satisfies people, then we can consider movies and videos."

Kojima reiterated once more that he’s still interested in working with his Silent Hills partner Guillermo del Toro, whether it’s a game, film, anime, or something else entirely.
“We’ll have more agility,” he said. “We’ll be able to do things that are more edgy, preserving the quality we’ve had so far, while at the same time finding new challenges and exploring new areas.”
The Studio Still Hasn’t Decided What Game Engine to Use
On why he went with Sony.

"It's thanks to Sony that I was able to make a splash in the global market. It's been 10-plus years since then and the working relationship at Sony, the people at Sony, we gel well. People at Sony have been friendly with me, I work well with them. I got several offers from many different companies, but with Sony it came to a point where I know these people, we know each other well. I feel like this is an environment where I will be able to make something and be comfortable. And I believe that is the environment I need right now."

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The guy makes great games. Snatcher, policenauts, boktai, zoe. Can't wait to see what's next

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just realized the solar gun in MGS4 is a Boktai reference.

Yes. As is Meryl a snatcher reference. Or maybe policenauts. I forget.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fucker posted:

4 has the one half hour moment where the entire army of the united states surrounds ocelot and he beats them all by making gun motions with his fingers while shouting bang. the magnus opus of video games.

other than that, it was a terrible story, which sucks cause the story happened to be 90% of that loving game.

You have bad taste and should return to games or GBS, whichever suits you.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Also, rehashing the Boss' story with tweaks and misconceptions is the plot of every MGS game after 2, and kind of the point of the whole series.

I think he has bad opinions about MGS period

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the bacon mafia

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

that thread was really bad and it took all my effort to contain my urge to flame that guy
Peace has cost you your strength! Victory has defeated you!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Geoff Keighley is a good man, or at the very least, a decent man.

He didn't kill his wife, for starters

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

He's right

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Travis Touchdown

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Travis taking a poo poo to save

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Metal Gear Solid 5 is absolutely the worst Metal Gear Solid

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like 5, but its the worst one in my opinion. tell me which MGS 5 is better than?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean I guess I can get that, I wouldn't call Peace Walker an actual numbered MGS, but 5 isn't better than 4. 4 has an incredible story and for when it came out and still to this day incredible game play, depth, and graphics. Not to mention the millions of little details. By comparison 5 feels empty, and without a good story to go with it. 5's biggest crime to me is that I don't want to replay it again, which is the first MGS I feel that way about. You can tell from every direction that Hideo wanted to make a different game and Konami hosed him, its sad, but its the worst of the mainline games imo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
1>3>2>4>5>PW for me

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's like 200 times longer than all the other games put together to be fair

I get that, just growing up and playing them all since the original metal gear, 5 felt very weak to me after I finished it up

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

mgs5 is the poo poo, I used to only play CoD and ignored that gay boring series until they made it so you can shoot your way out of anything. Now I run around just straight MURKIN dudes and not paying attention to any gay story poo poo like the old MGS games. poo poo loving puts me to sleep haha which is why MGS5 owns bones, cuts out all the gay boring poo poo so I can get to that action, jackson. Hell motherfucking yeah.

[Hitting empty quote] no! I can't do it!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Yo realtalk tho, I def think the MGS that had Kojima banned from working on it for the last six months is the best one of all. They should gotten rid of that fucktard years ago imo. Maybe they can hire someone like CliffyB who actually wants to makes games instead of some douchey wannabe filmmaker japanese hipster.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will never get the people who prefer 5 to any other mainline MGS, because it's got so little of what makes Kojima a great designer compared to the others, because for a year he was locked in a bathroom away from his team with no way to communicate or design what should have been his swan song to MGS. Maybe you guys are gonna day one buy the MGS zombie game too?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Imitating Larrys voice] hooooipppe! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PU3Q-glNg

Oh fawwwwwk yes my nigga! Cannot wait to save up for the 129.99 collectors edition muh homie LMFAO WITH ALLLLLL THE drat DAY ONE DLC! Oooohhhh poo poo they got The Voice Actor I LOOOOVVVVVVE to do the guys voice hahahaha

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Metal Gear Survive is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Metal Gear Heroes!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maximize your launch day hero skins collection with the Digital Deluxe Edition! This edition includes Metal Gear Survive the game, the Season Pass with all five DLC packs, five additional “Cyber” skins, keys to instantly access heroes 26-30 upon their release, as well as more digital goodies. Check out everything that is included in the Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition in this post.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

mfw you promise yourself you would not flame mgsV fans in 2017

Lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
:mgsVfuckoff:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HORMELCHILI posted:

Big Boss's aiming is pure muscle memory by that point

who?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zas posted:

mgsv has the best tactical espionage action

.... uh huh....

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It's a landmark thread because it's the only time i can recall R_C_ broke character

he likes MGS so its cool

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mycophobia posted:

As much as I love MGS1, it's clunky and ugly as hell (much like any 3D game from that era). V's game mechanics are so satisfying, the visuals so gorgeous and the game world so huge that if you think a PS1 game from 1998 is better just because its story is better then I just don't know what to tell you. V represents a massive improvement over its predecessors in almost every single way.

For 1998 it's a game with a 100,000 word script and the best gameplay on the psx, and is widely considered a masterpiece, unlike 5

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think 2 is better than 3. I enjoy the faster gameplay and not spending as much time in menus, the Big Shell is amazing as a giant facility to sneak around, even more than Shadow Moses, and I think that, aside from the bits of MGS3 with the Boss, MGS2 has more interesting writing.

I think 2 has better writing but 3 has the better setting and concepts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

uncharted 2 is widely considered a masterpiece

Don't compare the original MGS to uncharted 2. One is nearly 20 years old and still holds up, the other is known for ???, being reviewed well isn't what makes it a masterpiece.

• Locked thread