Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
1,2,3 and 4 are all very memorable to me and have some of my favorite moments in all of gaming period, 5 doesn't really stand the test of time already for me and I don't see myself ever returning to it unless doing another complete run through the series. I still play through MGS 1-4 on a near yearly basis since their releases though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The one thing that's kinda odd about 4 is that every other main line MGS game takes place in a single location (except V which has two but you spend more time in Afghanistan and Africa than the length of other mgs games). But 4 has the act structures which always made it feel more disjointed to me. I wish the whole game took place in Act 3

I love the return to shadow Moses the most, and how they redeemed Raiden

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It's because it's 80 hours long. You can replay MGS1 in an afternoon

That's not why

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zas posted:

I didn'tt realize David Hayter cowrote the first X-Men movies lol
Also he was Lupin in Castle of Cagliostro? sounds cool I never watched the dub

I didn't realize a bunch of stupid poo poo that has nothing to do with the conversation as well LOL. Any other cool trivia you would regale us with?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm sorry everyone but I'm not gonna stand for people saying MGS 1 is primitive and ranking 5 above any of the other 4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I get that the new controls made some parts too easy but all MGS games are easy lol

Yeah I guess if you play on easy mode

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zas posted:

I love mgs1 thats why I was talking about the voice actor for solid snake and his interesting life

I know. I was flaming you because that's what we do to new people around here.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

I bought a PS3 pretty much just to play all the games for the first time in the Legacy Collection.

That was a really good decision considering they are hands down the best remastered games I've ever seen

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The connection of the twin snakes to big boss and ocelots hand in that and the building of outer heaven and solid snake starting the infiltration of foxhound in chapter 3... I mean any of that would have been more compelling.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everything felt rushed and off about the story

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
For the past week I've been imagining a Metal Gear Solid game set 50-60 years after MGS4. 20 or 30 years after MGS4 the governments of the world have grown complacent because of the more peaceful global situation, and the worst case scenario happens when some rogue state builds or acquires a Metal Gear that successfully launches a nuke because there's no Snake archetype to stop it. So in a "never again" way the US government makes a new clone of Big Boss to deal with the rogue state that has Metal Gears. Maybe you could even have a section take place in the fallout zone where the nuke detonated, like a mix of Ground Zeroes stealth and Metro 2033 gameplay on the irradiated surface.

Anyway Kojima rules

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

TFW the world's governments clone an entire army of big bosses 50-60 years after MGS4 takes place and a force of Raiden-trained sword users must take them all down

Lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I just GIS "shut up and take my money" + whatever game I'm looking for each time

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I won't splatter your asses with my heartless seed. I will always be inside you

LOL

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

As a Hobbithead... this excites me beyond belief!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The La Li Lu Le Land??

Lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It will be better than MGS5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

cant wait to see the metal gear movie and the halo movie directed by peter jackson. 2005 is shaping up to be one crazy rear end year

Halo FTW

• Locked thread