Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

We're talking about it in the mgs5 op sorry about your threas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

He could still do something with Guillermo and just call it "Loud Ridge" or something and konami couldn't say anything

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Does the v stand for venom. Maybe I'm retarded but I always thought "v has come to" was just heavily accented "he has come to"

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I love hideo and I know everyone else here does too but the more this konami nonsense goes on the more it feels like one of those situations where your buddy has a smoking hot girlfriend & none of you can believe he would have ever kicked her out but you aren't the ones putting up with her poo poo every day

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

MGSV also did this thing where the knockoff military vehicle designs looked better than the the real ones. Is there a reason non-authentic weapons/vehicles are used?

If you use "authentic" weapons/vehicles the patent holders can charge you licensing fees. That's why an M16 is always a different designation, because Colt would be entitled to money for the use of its likeness. Same thing with vehicles

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I think since Sony paid for that one they probably just told armalite or whoever to go gently caress themselves. EA apparently does it too because they're big enough not to get bullied. Also I'm sure call of duty probably sells more guns IRL than any gun ad ever has

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Venom snake canonically gets high a f

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Control Volume posted:

insane gbs guy trying extremely hard to talk like metal gear character big boss: "I didn't ask for this :jensen:."

Don't sign your posts here

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

i dont think death stranding is going to come out until like, 2020. So i would just relax about learning new stuff about it for a while

There's still a bunch of positions open according to the website.... like I wouldn't be surprised if that trailer and some
Concept art is all they have at this point. I don't think he's ever made a game in less than 5 years

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I don't even care if there's gameplay I just wanna watch two hours of that

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dongicus posted:

my theory is that the world is a sort of purgatory where people from all over time end up

Yeah the whole idea behind the phrase is sea mammals being stranded after death somewhere they don't belong (I think?) so that makes sense

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

As surprising as the progress in the TGA trailer was, please don't expect this game anytime before 2021.

According to their website they still have lots of jobs to fill too. These trailers are just showcasing concept art

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

they can just make new trailers every year and thatll be fine

Hideo Kojima releases trailers for years, reveals to stunned e3 2021 audience "the game
Was within your imagination all along"

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

It looks small and weak relative to what I'm used to, personally

The name of the man with the large arms you admire?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm watching a documentary about Guantanamo bay and it's frightening just how close Black Site from GZ is to it.
Right down to the type, style and color of spotlights on fences and different watchtowers to the concertina wire patterns on top.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's hard to say what Kojima's style is, because he does so little that isn't MGS. We know what the MGS style is, but that just means Kojima has tried to be consistent within the series. With the Death Stranding trailer, we can expand that to "very film-inspired" but that's about it.

You can extrapolate from his design style though. His games are all built from the inside out (maybe not snatcher). In all of the mgs5 interviews before Ground Zeroes came out he really pressed how much time they spend making sure the controls are tight and the game is fun to play before they start laying on graphics and story elements.Theres a good video I posted in the last couple of metal gear July threads from like 97 where he had built alll of metal gear solids levels out of Legos and was walking through them with a tiny hand camera to show his team exactly how he wanted the camera to shift when you switched perspectives and stuff.

Here it is
https://youtu.be/L6aPAncMHKA

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Here's a video where he has the big shell built out of legos
https://youtu.be/QiXFr0hMbYM

Edit holy poo poo. This video is amazing please watch it

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 29, 2016

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

Every trailer for MGSV was somber in tone and it still had chicken hats, bikini girls, and water pistols. There is no way Death Stranding isn't full of things to lighten the mood.

Snakes stamina bar dropping during cutscenes in MGS4 still cracks me up

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Liam Neeson is canonically my father

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Maybe a small feeling of skepticism is intentional... just another puzzle piece in Kojima's twisted vision.

There's still a bunch of job openings listed on their website and they're using someone else's engine so They're probably adapting it for whatever they wanna do with it. We won't see a game from that studio for year so they gotta give everyone something to keep the hype up

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think the thing that stuck with me the most about MGSV didn't have to do with the plot or any of the cutscenes, it was that I could finally roll over while prone and shoot at people above/behind me

There's an interview where one of the design guys talks about how swimming was going to be part of the game but they could never get it to control to their satisfaction so it got scrapped which boggles my mind because the swimming in mgs2 was tedious but good

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

its not true. its not

I was just playing dogema again and this thread made me wish mgs5 let you write little bios for your soldiers and edit their appearances and share them online like pawns

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

blamegame posted:

Yeah I don't mean to hate on the codecs, but it was a really nice change of pace

You can't hate too hard on the super long codecs in 2 (and 3 i think) because they were used to replace long cutscenes that got cut for time. 4 has such ridiculously long cutscenes because it didn't need to do that. I like the tapes way better too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm building a gaming PC with my tax money and among other games I cannot wait to replay MGS5 on PC with everything cranked up. I mean it looked good on PS4 but i bet it looks even better

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Africa is mostly plains and deserts 🙄

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

and afhganistan?

Lots of snowy mountains on the Pakistani border. I really wanted to slide down slopes in the cardboard box

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I still need to do my Rambo playthrough

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Hey man. He wrote x men.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm Pablo's takemy.jpeg folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime