Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
whoever wrote mgs 3 is the good writer. whoever wrote mgs peace walker or 5 is the bad writer. and whoever wrote 4 should be shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

In Training posted:

I like the writing in all the games, to various degrees. Even 4 has its moments

4 has the one half hour moment where the entire army of the united states surrounds ocelot and he beats them all by making gun motions with his fingers while shouting bang. the magnus opus of video games.

other than that, it was a terrible story, which sucks cause the story happened to be 90% of that loving game.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

5 gets a little too much flak.

compared to 4 and peace walker, 5 is a masterpiece in writing. ppl just expected too much from it based on the trailers and poo poo.

either ways, it's irrelevant because the game is insanely good, good story or not.

Fucker fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 18, 2015

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

whats wrong with peace walker ?

story wise theres a lot, imo. the main thing that comes to mind is how they overdid the boss's characterization and turned her into jesus christ that is also secretly the first person to travel to space. her a.i. character felt unnecessary and seemed to be there just to rehash mgs 3's story for no good reason

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
i thought for sure venom was gonna shoot some kids up

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
it was dumb to me that the marketing said "NOW youre gonna find out why big boss turned evil" in that last trailer for phantom pain

that was the plot of mgs 3, a decade ago

and as if that wasnt enough, peace walker made it even more unnecessarily obvious, with big boss straight up turning into a lunatic, saying "the boss turned her back on me" and having a villain speech after the credits.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Nostradingus posted:

if you didn't drive around mother base for hours listening to all the tapes then i don't know what to tell you man, you're broken

i listened to them on the chopper. my story immersion must be kept pristine and i won't allow it to be ruined by kaz yelling about snipers or those two fags who cant decide if d-dog is a dog or a wolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
d-dog is in fact a dog, btw

• Locked thread