Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Nostradingus posted:

actually mad irl that ocelot didn't look more like the concept art

Yeah, that Lee van Cleef mustache is making me very not gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

BBJoey posted:

thinkeing about mgs 5

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
MGSV owns. Yeah, it wasn't everything it could've been but that's true of like every video game including a few other Metal Gear ones. The gameplay is the most refined of any game I've played in like 5 years at least. The pacing is disjointed as gently caress but that also gives the whole thing a cool fog of war effect. It took me like 150 hours worth of playing over the course of a couple months until the gameplay started feeling repetitive, and even then there's tons of gameplay poo poo I haven't messed with.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Every mission with no HUD is a Rambo playthrough

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Knife him bro

Also his music owns

I came back from space... CRAZY

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
For the past week I've been imagining a Metal Gear Solid game set 50-60 years after MGS4. 20 or 30 years after MGS4 the governments of the world have grown complacent because of the more peaceful global situation, and the worst case scenario happens when some rogue state builds or acquires a Metal Gear that successfully launches a nuke because there's no Snake archetype to stop it. So in a "never again" way the US government makes a new clone of Big Boss to deal with the rogue state that has Metal Gears. Maybe you could even have a section take place in the fallout zone where the nuke detonated, like a mix of Ground Zeroes stealth and Metro 2033 gameplay on the irradiated surface.

Anyway Kojima rules

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I would only trust the idea - like all other ideas in human history - with Hideo Kojima's guidance

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Very disappointed that Metal Gear SurVive had no Super Bowl ad

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I won't splatter your asses with my heartless seed. I will always be inside you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004