Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The twist in this entry to the series is that, instead of being set in space on a 3D plane, it's set on the ground, in a desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nickelodeon Presents: Floamworld

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Nickelodeon Presents: Floamworld
"Is it any good?" "I don't know. Figure it out."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FROM Software's Salute Your Souls

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Chosen Undead has reached the Shrine of the Silver Monkey

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The 90's Kids Thread (56k is extremely fast internet for this time period)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im glad gearbox is taking the franchise in a strong new direction

Dec 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

The 90's Kids Thread (56k is extremely fast internet for this time period)

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I;m pretty weirded out that this is being announced 1 month before release.. But I'm probably still going to play and enjoy it, or so I hope.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I;m pretty weirded out that this is being announced 1 month before release.. But I'm probably still going to play and enjoy it, or so I hope.

2 Sep 2013
PAX: Homeworld: Shipbreakers Announced

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

drat.... How did i miss that..?!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I think publishers are finding it cheaper and easier to announce release dates and hype up a game over a short period of time rather than to release information slowly and let the consumers overanalyze it over a long period.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Just like the old Homeworld games we know and love except not in space and Brought To You By Gearbox.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Just like the old Homeworld games we know and love except not in space and Brought To You By Gearbox.

theres already 2 games in space. they finally try something new and everyone is criticizing them?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

theres already 2 games in space. they finally try something new and everyone is criticizing them?

And people ask why I'm a SJW.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are the old home world games fun

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

yeah, they are

they're very pretty too

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

really cool, good soundtracks, lots of feels and a fun gameplay mechanic that you usually dont see in rts games, every ship you make persists throughout the whole thing, so you are rewarded for keeping them safe and alive

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 17, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also this game was originally not homneworld at all but was being made by the same devs, and i think its wierd that gearbox forced them to call it homeworld once they got the name back

wait lmao they changed it a thirdtime

it was just hardware : shipbreakers, then it was homeworld shipbreakers

now its homeworld: deserts of kharaak

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 17, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXRJBK8oJSA

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Pablo Gigante posted:

FROM Software's Salute Your Souls

Activision's Pitfalls Of The Hidden Temple

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I think the 1st one is a lot better than the 2nd one but the 2nd one looks a lot better. And the remaster of either obviously looks real good, but the first game's remaster is just a campaign in the homeworld 2 engine so it has all the same problems that make me not like it very much.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
homeworld 2 has three main problems that all kind of pile on each other to make a really loving lovely game

1) most levels have constantly spawning/harassing enemies meaning you can't stop for even a single second to get your act together or figure poo poo out. all strategic pivots need to be made while constantly under fire
2) there's a couple of bugs in the game, and the worst makes frigate armor completely loving useless which is really bad since those are supposed to be your workhorses
3) even after you get a handle on all this poo poo the game actively loving punishes you for doing well by throwing more bullshit at you in the next level

watch an LP of homeworld 2 if you really give a poo poo but ideally just play a better game

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Homoworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ragg posted:

Homoworld.

Knuc has to go now. His planet needs him

• Locked thread