Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Isaac posted:

Bubbbubbbubvb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I sure hope that my heart snakes are cold and suck they own dick

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

http://youtu.be/-GL5lzMJomY

naem
May 29, 2011

Male Tears posted:

There's a sardine thread
On something awful dot com
Goons eat the damned bones

naem
May 29, 2011

My dad and I never ate sardines together, ever. I was 100% making all that up in the previous thread.

My dad was a copywriter for years at multiple ad agencies and wrote touching descriptions that made you want to buy products however and I have honored his memory by tricking you all into eating stinky fish

Jokes on me though because it turns out sardines are awesome and I can't stop eating them

naem
May 29, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I enjoy fish and will probably eat some

:agreed:

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

I just bought salami instead of dines for my meat snack, goodbye heart snakes

naem
May 29, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

Because of this thread, my wife and I decided to try a can of KOs in olive oil for the first time. Threw em on some Ritz with some spicy sweet mustard and some 17th Street seasoning salt. The dines were delicious.

Thank you thread, I feel like a proper dad now.

Your wife is also a dad (cinrgtulation)

naem
May 29, 2011

It's New Year's Eve and my entire extended family made me meet up in a literal tree house bed and breakfast in the damp rainforest section of Hawaii, there is no alcohol, and wild boars are watching me poop into a toilet 20 feet off the ground, I'm def not getting to make out drunkenly with anyone at midnight, however I did introduce sardines to a ten and seven year old which is ironic as I am the only non-dad present

naem
May 29, 2011

would

naem
May 29, 2011

Reading that gave me an urge to put together a set of cheap snap together metal shelves in the garage and get all mad and swear under my breath, and then drink out of a garden hose

naem
May 29, 2011

Like sometimes I squirt a little lemon or lime into the can after I open it before eating over the sink that's my recipe

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

drat, are we twins? I have these ingredients almost exactly and I was going to post about 'dines rolled up in lavash with mustard, horseradish, cream cheese (or brie) with spinach and kale thrown in.

Your choice of beer is spot on as well.

Re: Kippered herring- what brands do you 'diners like? I've only had Crown Prince which are good I guess without having anything to compare them against

Mustard AND horseradish??

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

pr0k posted:

The funny thing is that now I'm spoiled for the good poo poo, I actually eat a lot less bacon. Which is good for continuing to be a dad and all.

just eat sardines, bacon of the sea

naem
May 29, 2011

jadebullet posted:

So what exactly is in a Royal Taster pack anyway?

FLESH

naem
May 29, 2011

Um I assume he means he GOT to eat sardines

naem
May 29, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

Fart toy: Argo Jr

:911:

naem
May 29, 2011

KO They're only 2.50 at my loccal store :swoon:

naem
May 29, 2011

The Snoo posted:

They're so pretty. :3:

After eating a few tins of the KOs, I don't even want to look at the boneless/skinless tins of various brands that I still have. idk what to do with them

Three years from now at midnight you'll be like "do I have any food even" and rummage around your cupboard and BOOYA you will yell, as if it is 2004

naem
May 29, 2011

Groats and hoes

naem
May 29, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

This thread getting Dad AF

I'm going to go incorrectly assemble some metal build-it-yourself-shelving in the garage and then start to curse but cut myself off because I see kids watching and then instead say (in the angriest tones possible) GOD, BLESS IT

naem
May 29, 2011

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Can you eat sardines if you are not a dad

asking for a friend

Yes but you may get pregnant

naem
May 29, 2011

ChrisHansen posted:

With no pants at 2 am over the sink with your fingers

:911:

naem
May 29, 2011

:stare:

naem
May 29, 2011

My grandparents had a pretty good sauerkraut smell

naem
May 29, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

I felt like the King Oscar sardines in hot sauce were not nearly hot enough so I drowned them in some ghost pepper salsa

This poo poo is goddamn amazing but now my entire soul is on fire and I can't taste the 'dine and now I have the hiccups from the heat and it's driving me crazy and my drat kids won't let me finish fixing the lawnmower which I was taking a 'dine break from in the first goddamn place

10/10 will eat this salsa every day because it's less of a fiery hell than Dad life

/frustratedDad

Read this in the dale gribble voice thnks

naem
May 29, 2011

Dump some ko's into spicy ramen and then when you've eaten all the noodles and fish, you drink the spicy broth full of teeny little spines and fins

naem
May 29, 2011

Sardines and crackers keep for years in your cupboard that's the whole point

naem
May 29, 2011

Sizone posted:

not if you keep eating them because you really don't feel like going grocery shopping

This is one serious dilemma that single men in particular tend to face because:

1. I need food
2. I buy food, now I have food
3. Now-I-will-not-leave-my-house-for-three-weeks

(chimpanzee noises)

(repeat)

naem
May 29, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

I came home to find my eldest eating my Belas. This will not stand.

My goddamn kids eat everything in sight and they too like sardines but goddammit they will NOT eat MY 'dines. So, I have taken drastic measures... I now have 4 tins in my car, 4 tins in my desk at work, 4 in my locker at my gym, and several hidden throughout the house and garage. My hellspawn have now been told that their 'dine rations are IN THE CUPBOARD AND NOWHERE ELSE. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. gently caress you, spawn of mine. Get the hell away from my little canned fishies. I will fight you and win.

I mean I love my kids generally but some most days I love my sardines more.

I think I have problem am I still an OK Dad????

:swoon:

naem
May 29, 2011

Drain the oil and replace it with lime juice and eat out of the can over the sink

naem
May 29, 2011

Lol if you don't have several animals scrambling for your pants dines

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm pretty sure raw dried beans are supposed to cost negative money, like they pay you to take them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

You lost me at "gloop" sorry