Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
gang tags are stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Sounds like rigas? Good choice, if so! If the tin were small enough to be single-serving they'd beat KO for my favorite. I usually share my rigas with a fellow 'dine-eater by having them for lunch at work.

Also, next to the sprats at my market, there is Riga sardine pâté. I am nervous about buying a can of fish paste. Maybe... too... dadly?

cant be worse than taramasalata

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Nooner posted:

Had some 'dines in harissa sauce from trader Joe's today and holy cow you all need to try these.

Possibly best I've ever had. Extremely addictive just nice and little bit of spice and just enough salt to keep you craving more, I could have eaten them all day.

Unfortunately after lunch snacking on 'dines and cheeses had to eat Satan's own favorite style of fish -- lutefisk ):

i had these and while the fish is good the harissa was just neon orange oil for me, ill get them next time and add my own harissa or other spicy stuff

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sizone posted:

yeah, I've never liked mustard dines. Once in a blue moon I'll dip my oil dines into dijon, but that's pretty rare. bet some chinese hot mustard mixed with shoyu would be a masterful dine dip

get trader joes dijon. its actually from dijon france and its as hot as chinese mustard

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

huskarl_marx posted:

is there any way to eat smoked oysters that is better than whole from the can? i haven't encountered any

i bet they'd be good in a cobb salad

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sizone posted:

This is bullshit. There are a lot of other fish in the sea besides KO. There's also nothing wrong with slumming it and having a can of Beachcliff in hot sauce or Family or Ligo.

More to the point, a good dad is a frugal dad. While they aren't going to be getting bumblebee in water, they're certainly not going to be paying 4$ a can for tiny tots, they could get a comparably sized hunk of fresh tuna for that price, hell, that would be like buying soda at a fast food place.

how are the ligos? i have some i havent opened yet. its a can the size and shape of a tomato paste can. I imagine they are arranged vertically inside the can

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Fonzarelli posted:

right now i'm smashing some smoked oysters on saltines with mustard

am i allowed to post in here?

welcome

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

OMGVBFLOL posted:

anchovies and pepperoni is my favorite pizza, but it makes it hard to have pizza and friends at the same time

also its basically the nutritional equivalent of pouring a can of morton's salt down your throat

i thought i was the only one

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Overwined posted:

I just read a recipe for anchovy butter. It's basically just grind up the 'chovys in a mortar and pestle, combine with softened (but not melted) butter, push the whole thing through a sieve, store in small air0tight containers, re-refrigerate to set. I gotta try this.

ive settled my affairs.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
cheese and fish huh. hmm

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
its the wee hours here right now and Im going to sneak into the kitchen for some Sardines and Crackers

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

OP updated Riga Sprats added to pantheon gg Riga Sprats you're great.

Rigas come in a large discus shaped can so they are the Hungry Man XXL of sardines

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I've used club, saltine, wasa, water, pita, all different kinds of crunchy vehicles for the sardines and I do not have a particularly strong preference. THey have all served adequately in the war against not eating sardines

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Planet X posted:

Bumblebee smoked oysters. Suggestions? Straight out the can, hot sauce, cracker?

Yes

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Business Gorillas posted:

what's the sardine of liquor? gin?

is gin talk acceptable itt? i think that's the go-to dad liquor since everyone drinks whiskey now

ouzo, arak, raki etc

or maybe slivovitz

Haverchuck fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 25, 2016

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

Secret dadfood usually made by French women: ratatouille. Look it up dads

Im making cassoulet soon

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

I never ate one of those that's one of them all day sumbitches aint it gd

its just french style pork n beans pretty much, i want to make it in a dutch oven on a campfire

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
the dish has its own governing body in france

http://www.academie-du-cassoulet.com/

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

I'm using potato salad as a conduit to consume a raw garlic bulb in order to taste the garlic fire, it is a habit I picked up in China :unsmith:

I like how the big garlics have a tendon in the middle it reminds me of a crab claw :unsmith:

for a while now Ive been making recipes with way, way too much garlic because I Like it and it covers up other mistakes in my cooking

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
every time i come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen. In the god drat refrigerator, eating up all the food. All the chicken. All the collard greens. All the pig feet. All the hog maws. I wanna eat some of them chitterlings. I love PIG FEET. Now, when I went to bed last night, didn't I tell you to take out the trash? [yeah.] So why didn't you do it? [I fell asleep.] I wish you was sleeping right now I'd knock you upside your head with a left hook, make your rear end wake up and take out that drat trash. Hey hey hey hey hey. What you Doin. [I'm throwing this away. We aint got no milk.] You better put some water on that drat poo poo. [Alright, I'll eat it.] Hey ey ey ey ey!! Take the garbage out front son.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

I don't care about squirrels but if they ate my tomatoes (if I had tomatoes) I would kill them with pellets from an air rifle

I've never seen a squirrel eat a tomato

they ate a bunch of mine last week.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Porthos brand portuguese style cod ("Bacalhau") on saltines. It's a folded up fillet with the skin on packed in soy oil, garlic and onions. How can something that looks so slimy be so tough and dry. The garlic and onion dont come through in the flavor and all you get is fishiness but not in a good way. 2/10

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Ferroque posted:

It's nice living right near cape cod because the seafood is so great, but man I went to Annapolis recently and the seafood was seriously incredible. What are the best seafood regions?

did you get steamed crabs? did you go to cantler's

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

I wonder if foreigners put mayo on hot dogs

of course they do, consult the chart

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

Probably enough filling for three more, gonna take a little burrito break though

Burrito proprtions:

10 giant tortillas
3-4lbs steak
3-4lbs chicken
2 dry cups rice cooked up
2 dry cups beans cooked up
2 big onions and once bunch cilantro chopped up
16oz shredded cheese
A wettening agent like salsa or mayo or sour cream

Makes 5 beef 5 chx burriters of the correct size

can you freeze those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

naem posted:

This guys a goon, :nws: for murdering

https://youtu.be/X9tqyt-ZOfM

woah check out the old school generic beer can at the end. tv party tonite...