Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
Ive decided to extend gas free thursday, since a large portion of byob seems to think moderation is bad, and byob would be better without it. The only rule is no posting illegal content or racism I guess since thats a global rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
FTR I think this is a dumb idea, but its what the community seems to want, so its worth seeing how it goes.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

posting smiling

Ace of Baes posted:

FTR I think this is a dumb idea, but its what the community seems to want, so its worth seeing how it goes.

you aren't good at being the moderator

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you need gas to breathe.

----------------

Ace of Baes

posting smiling posted:

you aren't good at being the moderator

Why are you so salty

----------------

posting smiling

Ace of Baes posted:

Why are you so salty

i'm explaining that the reason people are asking you to stop gassing threads or probating people is that you're bad at it, so staging this moderation strike isn't going to make people come running back to you are arms asking you to moderated them again because what people don't like is your moderation, not the concept of moderation, and also there aren't enough people posting here to make the forum noticeably less readable even under your radical lack of thraeed gass and also ai'm not crying i'm smileing.

Ace of Baes

posting smiling posted:

i'm explaining that the reason people are asking you to stop gassing threads or probating people is that you're bad at it, so staging this moderation strike isn't going to make people come running back to you are arms asking you to moderated them again because what people don't like is your moderation, not the concept of moderation, and also there aren't enough people posting here to make the forum noticeably less readable even under your radical lack of thraeed gass and also ai'm not crying i'm smileing.

the only thread ive gassed in the past week was the one where a dude was drunk posting at himself for 4 pages, if you go back to 2 weeks ago theres a handful of threads that consist of some parody threads, a couple pf weird sex threads, and a couple of threads that devolved into slapfights

i might have been a little heavy handed with probations, which i admitted in the feedback thread, and ive loosened up since then, even with that being said with one exception the longest probation ive given (or queued) has been 3 days, which doesnt seem to crazy to me

im not breaking from moderation as some type of strike or statement, im just trying to respond to feedback from the community and seeing if it results in a positive outcome

honestly im not sure why you and a group of other posters think im ruining byob, when in reality im not doing much moderation tool wise different from dct, and that 90% of the quality of byob is a direct reflection of the posters
my only guess is that you guys dont like me as a poster/person or dont think im nice enough, but im probably not gonna change my posting style just because im the ik

cheers and god bless :cheerdoge:

----------------

posting smiling
umm, you gassed my threads, you probated my friends, and you conspired unjustly to block dave from the ik position even though he posted "make me the mod" and similar.

Ace of Baes

posting smiling posted:

umm, you gassed my threads, you probated my friends, and you conspired unjustly to block dave from the ik position even though he posted "make me the mod" and similar.

I am sorry

----------------

bog pixie

i think greg has done a pretty good job over an untimely long amount of time. everyone seems really bitter now

platonicbackrub

Ralp posted:

you need gas to breathe.

Its true!!! Nitrogen and oxygen combine to form "air", without it we shall surely perish!!!

google THIS

*bitter aging mother voice* Ive decided to extend gas free thursday, since a large portion of byob seems to think moderation is bad, and byob would be better without it.

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
rear end free weekend lol. what do you guys think, possible thread idea mayhaps?

posting smiling
i will never apologize for being rude to the mods

platonicbackrub

Ill never be the head of a major corporation...

Ace of Baes
dct has savagely trolled me since i started posting here, his penultimate troll? leaving me in charge of byob

----------------

City of Glompton

bog pixie posted:

i think greg has done a pretty good job over an untimely long amount of time. everyone seems really bitter now

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Ace of Baes posted:

uh, it's D, as in Delano, not T. you might be confusing him with Theodore Roosevelt and frankly i don't want a mod who can't get this simple piece of history right

----------------

ScrubLeague

gonna drive my car so much this weekend with all the free gas

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

Ace of Baes posted:

dct has savagely trolled me since i started posting here, his penultimate troll? leaving me in charge of byob

lol

fuck. marry. t-rex

L'Morte de Nacho

Matoi Ryuko

El Destructor Nacho

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I'm into it. Also I don't think he was drunk and that thread was enthralling and necessary.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

it's the freakin weekend baby

Afro Doug

T.G.I.G.F.W.

GEExCEE

pig slut lisa posted:

it's the freakin weekend baby

Imabout to have me some fun

devil

i want to die everyone

Ace of Baes

dave. posted:

i want to die everyone

i love you

----------------

pig slut lisa

irl is good

how;s your weekend so far, greg?

GEExCEE

dave. posted:

i want to die everyone

Me first

Ace of Baes

pig slut lisa posted:

how;s your weekend so far, greg?

good, saw the new star wars, hung out with my wife and daughter, drank some whiskey and watched the new paranormal activity

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

bog pixie posted:

----------------

drilldo squirt

Ace of Baes posted:

good, saw the new star wars, hung out with my wife and daughter, drank some whiskey and watched the new paranormal activity

I gave up on paranormal activity after the third one, which was the same thing as the second one and the first one except already done twice.

----------------

Ace of Baes

drilldo squirt posted:

I gave up on paranormal activity after the third one, which was the same thing as the second one and the first one except already done twice.

theyre all the same movie, i liked the mexican one though

----------------

Casio_knight

you were right to do what you did

but ill do it again nodoubt

weird

by zen death robot

dave. posted:

i want to die everyone

----------------

drilldo squirt

dave. posted:

i want to die everyone

Good.

----------------

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

first you steal m thrread, now you bully my friend? and then you wan me to appreciate you??

pig slut lisa

irl is good

encouraging people to die is so byob 2014 :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

dumb crambo posted:

first you steal m thrread, now you bully my friend? and then you wan me to appreciate you??

Yes.

----------------

• Locked thread