Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

i think the magic of hxh for me is how it takes completely ridiculous things seriously and treats them with a lot of skill and detail, such as the nen powers and the fights in the chimera ant saga

it has this sense of pressure that most shonen series lack, especially when characters are trying to figure each other out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

R.I.P. Cheetu, who effectively stupided himself to death.

Most satisfying scene ever

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

This thread is making me feel the pain. It should not have existed, so that I would not have to remember how great HxH is and how much the hiatus sucks. My pain can be mended by posting gifs of Hisoka being Hisoka.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

The Phantom Troupe dude that does creepy voodoo whistle dances using the holes in his body is the best

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Yeah the Buddha is a cleverly written ability because it follows the rules and idea of Nen so closely. Netero mastered supersonic movement so he restricted his giant summon by tying it into really precise and fast hand movements.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I thought it wasn't Gon at his maximum potential, just Gon at as strong as he'd need to be to defeat Pitou. Which says more about how strong Pitou/Netero was than anything else since Netero effortlessly swatted her aside.

The idea that Gon could now kill Meruem was an observation on Pitou's part. We don't actually know what Gon wanted, only that he wanted to be strong enough to avenge Kite, eg. kill Pitou and possibly also Meruem.

Also, even if it was Gon at his maximum potential, it was still Gon only possessing the technique/knowledge of his kid self. An actual Gon who had trained for that many years would be a way more sophisticated Nen user and a much wiser person in general, but then again it's Gon so maybe he'd have learned nothing :mrwhite:

E: Also Kastro owns because he's a good example of how appearances mean nothing when it comes to Nen. The subtle bungee gum crap Hisoka does, is endlessly more powerful than his manta style bullshit.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 25, 2016

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

well, we do know of one guy who is beyond netero

god loving drat it

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

would watch a crime solving show starring kurapika & leorio

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

TriffTshngo posted:

I really really like Hunter x Hunter and hope Yoshihiro Togashi gets better both because back problems suck major rear end and even just having had the occasional minor achiness that comes along with everyday life I feel for him, as well as because he's a tremendously talented storyteller whose work would be missed dearly if he were forced to retire early.

i too share this sentiment

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

:rip: Togashi.

Why can't we just use nen powers to transfer Togashi's pain to Kubo.

Kubo suffers from mental anguish from being unable to only draw 2 page fashion spreads. Togashi suffers from physical torment. They are two sides of the same coin.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

one of the things i really like about hxh are the cartoony and exaggerated character designs, there are a lot of really cool minor characters that I remember because of their design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Punished Theta