Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Postal Parcel posted:

I'm going to go ahead and request that only official names are used here, and none of these fake ones the fans have come up with.
Thanks in advance ;-*

I would be impressed with anyone who could remember Chrollo's real full name without looking it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

I'm ready now that I have the 2011 on my PC. Here's to the rest of the winter :angel:

Is this one the shounen where they have capable adults? Now that im old I feel like I can relate to them more than the kids.

What do you think about teenagers?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Fuckin' students and their vacations.

That joke doesn't even work here since school apparently isn't compulsory.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

mabels big day posted:

I thought Gon turning into a giant adult man with infinitely tall hair was really weird and I didn't like it, but that's just my opinion.

I'm glad there are figures of this.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The relationship between Meruem and Komugi was the best part of the Chimera Ant arc, and the slow deaths really helped sink in the unavoidable tragedy of the situation.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

His brothers called Alluka brother. And his parents called Alluka an it.

Anyway I am fine with accepting Alluka as a girl.

That's because they don't see Alluka as a person, or even at all. She's all Something/Nanika to them.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I always feel a bit of sadness for bit characters who get killed off.

Like Ponzu and Pokkle from the Chimera Ant arc. Especially Pokkle. Incredibly hosed up and brutal way to go.

Or Schwala (or whatever), the dog guy who got beheaded by Nobunaga. Especially after that dude sets a ton of death flags like "this is my last job" and "I'm gonna marry my girlfriend."

Or Bodero (or whatever), the only guy to get killed in the final part of the 287th Hunter Exam.

It's sad.

I'm still mad about Gotoh.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

Does the 2011 anime remake follow the manga completely? Just curious because not sure if I want to watch the entire series then go and read 200+ chapters all over again once I'm done.

So far it's fun reminds me of why I initially liked action/adventure anime.

The only stuff the anime doesn't cover is a handful of flashback chapters and the new arc which has like 10 chapters and has been on hiatus since forever.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TWIST FIST posted:

Youpi owns, Pouf is the worst

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
We see Pitou hold Kite's severed head right after she kills him. I thought it was pretty clear she was leading Gon on the whole time.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

She didn't know his name though. Gon's friend Kite could've been anybody.

Oh, right. I totally forgot about that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

RC Cola posted:

I read up until the end of the chimera arc and then I think there was a dark Continent? I stopped for some reason. How far into it am I?

Congrats, you're basically caught up with the manga.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

I hope she's talking about Uvogin

It's gotta be Gotoh.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Is that site even around.

Don't people post their stuff on Tumblr now.

I don't keep up with fan communities.

ff.net has always had a terrible reputation. You'd only go there if you're desperate.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kingtheninja posted:

Is there any filler to avoid or filler in general in the anime?

There are like two recap episodes that you can skip. They're not included in the blu-rays.

e: whoops missed a page

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/WAAAGHork/status/693656869601021952/

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hunter x Hunter has some way gorier scenes than anything I remember in FMA, but it has been like 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Say Nothing posted:

Is there an anime where people don't stop and explain what they're doing in the middle of a fight?
One Punch Man maybe?

Noragami is the closest I can think of with magical powers and fights. Though the fights there are really just based in mundane weapons, supernatural origins aside.