Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Beve Stuscemi posted:

The last paragraph is the true tech relic :shobon:

I was going through my MOD music collection and it did strike me as interesting that many of the ones from the 90s include the composer's full street address and phone number in the track info.

Funny enough one of them was just down the street from the venue of the first big LAN party I ever attended. Small world and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
On a related note I think the SID on my C64 has kicked the bucket. As a total purist none of the modern clones will suffice, so I'm going to have to roll the dice getting a used one from Eastern Europe.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

What do you even play on a G3 mac? Quake and that’s it?

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
My bad I forgot how many actual mac ports there actually were. You’d definitely be buying all your own games then.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

I wasn’t at this particular party but something about this picture just gives me pangs of nostalgia, it really captures a vibe I never experienced before or since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
First mouse I ever saw was the clip-on trackball my dad got for his monochrome 386 laptop: