Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

NotWearingPants posted:

One of my friends tried to convince 4 or 5 of us to all go in on a CD burner. We were going to make our money back burning/selling music CDs .

my friends did this. and made the money back and then some!

gotta love the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

you were warned posted:

The forums still let you put an ICQ number in your profile, so it can't be THAT outdated!

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Does anyone remember the good ol days of Craigslist before your local police department learned about it? You could have 2 dozen guys over to your apartment to poz your neg hole in an afternoon without getting arrested for indecency.

i'm always late for the poz party :(

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

criscodisco posted:

At the McDonald's I worked at in college, I remember my manager telling me that his friend worked for Hewlett Packard and that he told him that there would never be a CD drive that would run any faster than 4x because any faster and the CD would melt.

i guess this is why he was a McDonald manager.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

DarkMalfunction posted:

So late night Youtube browsing found me a video on computer relics with THE most autistic intro I have ever seen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YazFW0011Wk

you were not kidding! that made my day.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Police Automaton posted:

Holy poo poo that site is up: http://heavensgate.com/

Gotta love the "Our Position Against Suicide" page.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

Speaking of mp3s, remember when you could google "Index of:" followed by the name of the song you wanted, and more than likely you'd find somebody's music folder that included the desired song? IIRC Google got wise to that 5-ish years ago, maybe more.

It still works. I just tried looking for an album and found something uploaded on 29-Sep-2004.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Nice find! I love retro/early internet stuff.