Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
I hope this is the correct place to ask. A year or two ago I saw a presentation on youtube by someone that did some nice tricks with the C64. I believe he programmed some sort of audio or video editor/mixer, but my memory is fuzzy. Does anyone else remember this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Mechanism Eight posted:

Bit of a long shot but it wasn't the "Cubase 64" demo was it?

Yes, that's the one! Thank you so much :D

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Pham Nuwen posted:

• some other lovely webcomic where I think a guy built a robot out of a Mac? I know CAD did this too so I assume one ripped off the other

Hackles? http://hackles.org/

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

2003, dual monitors baby!

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

That's cool! What OS are you running? That docking station with USB looks tasty, I only have the small port replicator for my 110.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
No, this is the best keyboard ever:

KeyTronic KT2001, a tech relic which I have a stack of in my basement. I'll have one until the day I die!

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

lobsterminator posted:

That is a legend. And you have the correct ISO layout with a proper return key. Not that inferior american ANSI stuff.

Even the cat likes it!

evobatman posted:

I have sold several stacks of these on Finn in the last few years, so there is a chance you got them from me.

I've had mine for many years, but I don't think I've paid anything for them. I still have one NIB, and others in variying condition.

I'd really like to get my Lifetime Designer going again, although it never fully recovered from when I spilled a can of coke in it:

Gun Metal Cray posted:

Oh man, those are great. Too bad mine keep binding something firece for everyday use

Try dismantling it and putting all the plastic parts in a dishwasher. Usually does wonders for mine!

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whaKGVw1w3k

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Stack'em up!

Would love to get a Denon DAT and MD player as well, but they're rare and expensive.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
I went through some boxes in the attic, I don't even remember where half of this stuff comes from!

More here: https://imgur.com/a/6Dm2way

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Arivia posted:

That motherboard with cooler, three ram sticks and two cards slotted in (no identifying name visible in the photos) looks to have a few bulging caps.

And why so many Matrox cards, good god

That's a Fujitsu-Siemens motherboard of all things, the caps look pretty gone.

We used to stuff the Matrox cards in our home servers just to get video out, and since nobody wanted them back then either, they were free.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Beve Stuscemi posted:

The coolest tech relic logo is clearly sun microsystems

I agree!

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

hello there

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

F4rt5 posted:

That cover and title intrigues me as a norwegoon - nice homemade mixtape I guess? What's the track list? Looking for new jams you see

Here you go! It's short for "Balsam for sjelen", cool music to listen to when you want to relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

F4rt5 posted:

Ah, sweet memories of The Gathering '98, using Norske Nerder's sound system (which outperformed the official one by plenty of dB lol), waking up the entire 4000-strong crowd at 10:00 with classics such as "Ranma no Baka" and Rammstein's "Du Hast" on full volume. The days of buying CD-R's on 100-disc spindles...

Aah, The Gathering.
:nws: :nws: :nws:

:nws: :nws: :nws: