Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I love the smell of the internet in the morning.

Dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Used to play Duke on HEAT.net.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Skeleton Ape posted:

CD-Rs were cool and everything but like that other guy said, burning was really slow and unreliable. Also the discs were single-use and pretty expensive at first. ZIP drives hung around for a long time in graphic design and stuff. Only USB MSDs completely stomped them out.

The first generation CD-Rs were about $2.50 for a single blank, and the burn would fail about 60% of the time. The other guy talking about dancing on one leg as a tribute to the optical media gods for a successful burn was accurate.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I loved the early days of CD burning when disks cost $4 a piece and failed mid-burn 75% of the time.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I never realized how much he looks like Johnny Five-Aces.

I haven't seen that in what... 20 years? But I remembered him as looking like Borat.