Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

:siren: Fantasy SX is now officially open. To join the group login at http://www.rmfantasysx.com and click Join Groups :siren:

:siren: Our group is Cycle Asylum with the password stairs (sorry) :siren:

This is the Fantasy Supercross thread, because the dirt thread ain't right

Supercross season is nearly upon us. The Geneva SX just wrapped up, and drat was it exciting (start at 3min):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZbV3hIAlgI

AMA supercross starts with Anaheim 1 on January 9th! The promotion company that runs SX is learning how to be big boys due to contracts with Fox, so they released this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUFzoOk2EQg

Why should you watch SX?

- Short and sweet main events
- Hotdogs
- Rednecks
- Amazing action
- Ralph Sheheen (http://www.ralphsheheen.com/)

Every year a few businesses do Fantasy SX. The goal is to pick winners, and make the race more interesting. The best leagues are Racer X's Moto Dynasty and Rocky Mountain MC's FantasySX. MotoDynasty gives you more options, but you can actually win stuff with RMMC.

So CA, get to https://www.rmfantasysx.com and sign up. When the rolls open check back to this thread for an invite to the SA team.
Don't know SX, the bros below are likely one of the four guys on the podium in the 450 class every race.

Ryan Dungey
"I'd like to thank the lord jesus christ and the entire state of Wisconsin for the opportunity to appear in this thread"

Eli Tomac
"My dad said this is totally my year"

Ken Roczen
"I'm just a cool guy that likes parties"

Justin Barcia
"I'm totally still BamBam"

Begin racechat and check out the standings below

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Fantasy League Results

Overall Results
1st place - dreesemonkey
2nd place - BuildsCharacter
3rd place - VTNewb
4th - Philph
5th - AnnaSv250XC
6th - Rifkin
7th - Deeters

Arlington Results
1st place - dreesemonkey
2nd place - AnnaSv250XC
3rd place - Philph
4th - VTNewb
5th - BuildsCharacter
6th - Rifkin
7th - deeters

San Diego 2 Results
1st place - Philph
2nd place - Builds Character
3rd place - AnnaSV250XC
4th - VTNewb
5th - Rifkin (ex250typeR)
6th - dreesemonkey

Glendale Results
1st place - Rifkin
2nd place - VTNewb
3rd place - Philph
4th - Deeters
5th - AnnaSV250XC (tied for 4th)
6th - dreesemonkey (tied for 4th)
7th - buildscharacter (tied for 4th)
8th - AncientTV (tied for 4th)

Oakland Results
1st place - dreesemonkey
2nd place - buildscharacter
3rd place - VTNewb (tied for 2nd)
4th - Deeters
5th - AnnaSV250XC
6th - Philph (tied for 5th)
7th - Rifkin (ex250typer) (tied for 5th)
8th - AncientTV (tied for 5th)

A2 Results
1st place - Deeters
2nd place - dreesemonkey
3rd place - AnnaSv250XC
4th (tied for 3rd) -BuildsCharacter
5th - (tied for 4th) VTnewb
6th - (tied for 4th) Philph
7th - AncientTV
8th - Rifkin (ex250typeR)

San Diego Results
1st place - Philiph
2nd place - dreesemonkey
3rd place - rifkin (EX250TypeR)
4th (tied for 3rd) - AnnaSv250XC
5th - VTNewb
6th - BuildsCharacter
7th (tied for 6th) - AncientTV
8th (tied for 6th) - Deeters

A1 Results
1st place - dreesemonkey
2nd place - buildscharacter
3rd place - rifkin (EX250TypeR)
4th - AnnaSv250XC
5th - AncientTV
6th - Deeters
7th - VTNewb

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 27, 2016

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'm down for this. Seeing SX is super awesome live, except for all the loving people, and the between race commentary & endless plugs for poo poo; but the racing is god drat good. I recommend it.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I live on an island in the Far East of Asia. How do I watch live?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I'm gonna win that truck :colbert:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

The boys at Racer X are doing a preview series with two episodes out. Get the preseason strategery going, the first race is where the fantasy points are made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3abkm2K9k4

EDIT: if you actually watch these they keep going to 'ping' for a 'mathematical' analysis. What a joke. dude draws 2 circles with a dot in every episode.

They actually have numbers and data! The teams use sophisticated lap tracking video equipment to superimpose lap performance. Jesus guys get it together and do some work.

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 23, 2015

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

VTNewb posted:

Ken Roczen
"I'm just a cool German guy that likes parties"

Fixed for the important part.

James Stewart coming back is going to be important. I don't think he's gonna win the championship, but I'm sure he's gonna make it difficult for everyone else.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Awesome summary of Aus-X, the last OCONUS supercross race of the off season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3qlMmyU7gQ

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Alright boys, the first round in Anaheim (Anaheim 1) is Saturday January 9th!

Fantasy SX is now officially open. To join the group login at https://www.rmfantasysx.com and click Join Groups

Our group is Cycle Asylum with the password stairs (sorry)

As a final note, if it's the same as last year you can change your pix right up to the first heat race, so you can look at live timing and make adjustments.

My pics:
Dungey
Tomac
Roczen
Musquin
Barcia
Wildcard 9th: Peick

I waffled a bit, because I think Anderson can definitely do top 5, same with Stewart. Tomac can also easily get 1st, but I think I'm playing it safe for the first round.

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 3, 2016

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

https://vurbmoto.com/blogs/a1-pre-entry-list/26491/

A1 pre-entry list. Chad Reed on a yamaha oooooo

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I know nothing about supercross but I'm excited to see my picks lose :haw:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

VTNewb posted:

Alright boys, the first round in Anaheim (Anaheim 1) is Saturday January 9th!

Fantasy SX is now officially open. To join the group login at https://www.rmfantasysx.com and click Join Groups

Our group is Cycle Asylum with the password stairs (sorry)

As a final note, if it's the same as last year you can change your pix right up to the first heat race, so you can look at live timing and make adjustments.

My pics:
Dungey
Tomac
Roczen
Musquin
Barcia
Wildcard 9th: Peick

I waffled a bit, because I think Anderson can definitely do top 5, same with Stewart. Tomac can also easily get 1st, but I think I'm playing it safe for the first round.

Can't believe you'd make those pics. You're going down.

My pics:
Tomac
Dungey
Roczen
Pourcelle
Wildcard: Champion

edit: reed in fifth.

builds character fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 5, 2016

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Has Pourcelle ever ridden a 450 before? Jeeeez

EDIT:

Saturday night's race will air live on FS1 at 10:00 p.m. EST/ 7:00 p.m. PST, including a 30 minute preshow starting at 9:30 p.m. EST / 6:30 p.m PST

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 5, 2016

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

VTNewb posted:

Has Pourcelle ever ridden a 450 before? Jeeeez

EDIT:

Saturday night's race will air live on FS1 at 10:00 p.m. EST/ 7:00 p.m. PST, including a 30 minute preshow starting at 9:30 p.m. EST / 6:30 p.m PST

You mean in a race?

Counterpoint:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

The return of factory yamaha!

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/yamaha-re-introduces-factory-team-with-chad-reed/?sf18284190=1#K61GkVMPsZWaoLaU.97

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Yesssssssss! I didn't know anyone else liked SX. I'm pretty sure SX/MX are my favorite sport now. So pumped for this season.

I'll join the group when at a PC, I didn't pick the dunge in my top 5 this week, though I may have to reconsider.

Possible mud race, start will be key. Whoever stays clean for the first 2 laps will probably win. Maybe Anderson with some of that staring prowess he showed at MEC?

E: pussied out and put Dungey in 2nd
Anderson
Dungey
Roczen
Canard
Pourcell
9th: will hahn

E2: joined the group. Hope I didn't make a Shaheen bobble

dreesemonkey fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 9, 2016

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

My picks:
Dungey
Roczen
Tomac
Canard
Reed

Wildcard: Stewart - Bubba will get knocked down at the start, have a hard time restarting the bike, then spend the rest of the race passing everyone up to 9th.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

live qualifying now!

http://motocross.transworld.net/vid...rCeFdKspZXKW.97

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

There was a Livestream of almost every race last year, if you had a non-US internet connection. Transworld linked to them all the time.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Haha my #1 this week lookin real good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI9CQYifBPs

drat, I was planning on a mudder.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Haha my #1 this week lookin real good

Berm jumpin' is a classic technique.

I guess I didn't realize that Marvin was hurt, else I wouldn't have put him in my list. Hes 18th in second qualifying.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I had Tomac, Roczen, and Reed in 3rd, 4th, and 5th respectively and they all missed by one position, so close...

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

The best moment of the night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abwNmNo5ce0

Will update standings tomorrow

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Just finished the race. Good start to the season.

Freaking Peick, jesus christ. The incident in the heat race was pretty innocuous. No real contact, Friese just took his line away.

Seems like Emig and Ricky had harsher things to say about Friese's move in the heat race, and yet nothing on Canard's move on Dungey, which was just as much contact. I'm not on the inside so maybe Friese just has a real bad rep or something.

Really impressive ride by the Dunge and Anderson. Canard's breaking my heart already :(

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Anderson on the Husky was a joy to watch.

That Peick poo poo was absurd. I mean, I get it, but Jesus.

The racing at round 1 was awesome and a ton of fun to watch; holy gently caress do I hate FS1's coverage and filler content.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Do we really think Seely or Anderson have staying power? I'm having a hard time putting them in my top 5.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

No... but I want it to be true.

I just like seeing new faces up front. I think the old guard will show itself. Except for Roczen, I think he'll choke and I think that the Suzuki is and always will be a poo poo bike unless your Stewart, but he's too busy playing cop in FL and getting suspended to be a serious threat- I think.

I think Dungey is going to run the show every time he gets a holeshot or close to it.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Spiffness posted:

I think Dungey is going to run the show every time he gets a holeshot or close to it.

I think so too. Someone may be faster at a track but they'll make mistakes throughout the seasons and Dungey won't.

Anderson started off great last year with a 2nd but then had some really anonymous rides. However, he was on the "old" KTM whereas now he's on the "new" KTM, which was supposed to be miles better. This is also his first season with Aldon Baker, so it could all be coming together for all we know.

I had to cringe when Anderson reeled in Seely, it's just like the '14 250 class. Seely would be out front and Anderson would snatch the lead from him on the last lap. I dunno how happy his team is with a third when you have a clear track ahead of you and a 6+ second in the middle of a race.

kashmir
Jul 1, 2003
the guy
What you think the odds are for Stewart racing this weekend? I feel like if he does he'll be in top 5 or last

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Alright, call me boring but here's my card for the weekend:

Dunge
Tomac
Anderson
Roczen
Seely
Wildcard: Bagget

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Baggett is out injured isn't he?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

kashmir posted:

I feel like if he does he'll be in top 5 or last

This has pretty much been the case for the past couple years every time he starts.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
My picks until I talk myself out of them.

Dungey
Roczen
Canard
Tomac
Anderson
Wildcard: Dean Wilson

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

1 Dungey
2 Canard
3 Reed
4 Roczen
5 Tomac
wild Seely

Kony Kid
Mar 16, 2012

Bro, Dungey is from Minnesota. Please update OP.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Baggett is out injured isn't he?

poo poo

Kony Kid posted:

Bro, Dungey is from Minnesota. Please update OP.

eh

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

San Diego qualifying right now: https://vurbmoto.com/videos/sx-race-day-live/26646/

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Welp, Bubba is out. Not a good start to the season for the COW.

If anyone is gonna watch the race live, I think I'm gonna jump in #bieks

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Updated the fantasy league results! I still haven't watch the 450 main, sometime today I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Quality round 2, I'd say. I've gotta say, everyone is always taking Dungey for granted, myself included. Guy is the defending, dominant champ and we're still tripping over each other to jack off about how fast Tomac and Roczen and Canard and Anderson are. And still my inclination is to say "well if only <rider> got a start", but man. Dungey is there just doing it every freaking time. What a pro.

I was never much of a Reed fan, but you gotta give it up to him. Two races in a row with real good performances, I was really impressed.

Canard is breaking my heart. I really want to see him do well but man you can't do poo poo if you don't get a good gate pick and a good start :( He needs some confidence or something.

Roczen? I can't see him staying at soaring eagle next year. Maybe he takes Deano's seat or Will Hahn's seat or even Canard's seat if he leaves Honda. He should be healthy and fast, right? Is the Suzuki just that bad?

Anderson is riding really well, I'll be surprised if he doesn't get into some problems with other racers this year. He's riding aggressive and someone is going to pay him back.

250W class looks like a joke TBH, Cooper is so much faster than everyone else he may just win every race. He hinted that he may even be riding a 450 on the east coast later on.

• Locked thread