Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
My "get 'em in early in case I forget" picks

1 - Dungey
2 - Anderson
3 - Roczen
4 - Seely
5 - Tomac

Wilcard 8th: Millsaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

My "get 'em in early in case I forget" picks

1 - Dungey
2 - Anderson
3 - Roczen
4 - Seely
5 - Tomac

Wilcard 8th: Millsaps

Is there a reason not to just pick Dungey #1 for the rest of the season?

edit:

1.Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Tomac
4. Anderson
5. Reed
Wild: Canard

builds character fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 21, 2016

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
some times you gotta dare to be different

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character posted:

Is there a reason not to just pick Dungey #1 for the rest of the season?

The revenge of James Stewart

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Alright boys - I'm a bit late to the party but:

Dungey
Anderson
Tomac
Canard
Roczen

Wildcard - Peick

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm attempting to be strategic and make my picks from qualifying times, but I'm in last in the standings right now, so I'm sure this will go poorly

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

This was really awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_HH2Vzx06w

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Yea that was a cool battle, one of the best I've seen in either class.

:negative: My Canard dreams are smashed. His luck is somehow even worse than his starts :negative:

I wish I would have reconsidered adding Reed back into my top 5. Nice to see Roczen back on the podium, too. Dungey is quiet beast as always.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Pulpmx show is good. You can learn important things like Pourcelle has an Italian greyhound "therapy dog."

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
In a totally crazy and unexpected move, I have Dungey winning again this week with Roczen taking second.

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Anderson
4. Reed
5. Tomac
Wild/7. Canard

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I went crazy with dungey, tomac, reed, roczen, canard, and millsaps

I had dungey in 2nd the last two races like an idiot, watch him dnf this time

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Guys - I'm on vacation. I'll fix the standings on Saturday.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

Pulpmx show is good. You can learn important things like Pourcelle has an Italian greyhound "therapy dog."

Yea Matthes puts out a lot of content, and I've been listening to all of it lately. He has a SX fantasy podcast too recorded on Wednesdays or Thursdays.

builds character posted:

In a totally crazy and unexpected move, I have Dungey winning again this week with Roczen taking second.

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Anderson
4. Reed
5. Tomac
Wild/7. Canard

This is oddly close to what I had been mentally planning, gonna have to change mine up a bit.

E:

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Reed
4. Anderson
5. Tomac
Wild/7. Millsaps

dreesemonkey fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jan 29, 2016

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea Matthes puts out a lot of content, and I've been listening to all of it lately. He has a SX fantasy podcast too recorded on Wednesdays or Thursdays.

This is oddly close to what I had been mentally planning, gonna have to change mine up a bit.

E:

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Reed
4. Anderson
5. Tomac
Wild/7. Millsaps

I think so far Dungey has clearly been the best, Roczen is second best (although it'd be more fair to put Reed there, he's performing significantly above expectations enough and I don't know that he can be consistent enough to just be second every time), Anderson is super fast but less predictable and Tomac is the other guy who you could put up there with Roczen as maybe challenging Dungey for firstReed for second.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Updated the standings just in time for a new round. Deeters barely edged out in A2 over dreesemonkey!

Hoping for big things frm Stewart and Bagget tonight!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

The overall rankings matched peoples performance in Oakland - makes it easy for me!

Also, we finally figured out how Cooper Webb can be defeated. Did anyone figure out what happened? Also, why did Stewart pull off?

Two highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW0qytoJ4qA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydMuGvVghN8

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 1, 2016

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

VTNewb posted:

Also, why did Stewart pull off?
Blurred vision apparently. I'll assume it's due to the after effects of his concussion, but he did heave his goggles away in disgust as well (probably coincidental). Sucks, it was nice to seem him out on the track though it was pretty obvious he was a bit off the pace.

Dungey is officially in a league of his own. Roczen had a clear track to reel him in and dungey kept pulling a gap. Also cool to see Musquin up on the podium, he seems like a cool dude.

All around excellent race.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

VTNewb posted:

Also, we finally figured out how Cooper Webb can be defeated. Did anyone figure out what happened?

They interviewed him (I think before the race even ended?) and he said the gas tank vapor locked.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Dudes:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBMhubwzX7H/

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

tarzanspuma posted:

They interviewed him (I think before the race even ended?) and he said the gas tank vapor locked.

It's quite the mystery. On the pulpmx show they said that vapor lock was incredibly unlikely since it's an FI bike and it was a cool 50 degree evening. I didn't see it on the broadcast, but apparently Cooper pushed himself off the track behind some banners to more discreetly work on the bike, implying that he thought he knew what the problem was. Since the bike fired back up and he one kicked it after his interview it wasn't something catastrophic like a cracked piston or something. Really weird.

Matthes and company said Yamaha must genuinely think it's an electrical problem, that's all that makes sense at this point.

Wow, didn't see that. Nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_WnBHAlAGg
Long rear end starting straight for Glendale!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Long rear end starting straight for Glendale!

Carnage incoming

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

God drat those track maps are awful. I miss the jumping arrow.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Spiffness posted:

God drat those track maps are awful. I miss the jumping arrow.

Yes.

Got my picks in, if I have time I might try to peep on practice to see what everyone is doing. Tomac won last year on the "same dirt", so he may do well this weekend. Can't pick against Dungey for 1st yet, though.

1. Ryan Dungey
2. Ken Roczen
3. Jason Anderson
4. Chad Reed
5. Eli Tomac
10. Justin Brayton

Picking Reed and Anderson pretty high because of the long start straight, Yami's seem to do real well on starts and Anderson holeshotted all the monster energy cup races with the long start.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Today is the day Dungey falls.

1. Jason Anderson
2. Ryan Dungey
3. Chad Reed
4. Ken Roczen
5. Eli Tomac
10. Pieck

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

VTNewb posted:

Today is the day Dungey falls.

1. Jason Anderson
2. Ryan Dungey
3. Chad Reed
4. Ken Roczen
5. Eli Tomac
10. Pieck

Tomorrow?

1. Dungey <-- I don't know why you wouldn't always pick him first. I'd need to see some change before I picked anyone else first.
2. Anderson <-- I kept flip-flopping with him and Roczen here.
3. Roczen
4. Tomac <-- won last year, but not this year
5. Reed <-- you can do it!
10. Canard <-- gonna put canard for every single one of these for the rest of the year.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I am trying to be consistent in my sucking so I selected roczen, dungey, reed, canard, tomac, millsaps. I set that Sunday morning after I checked the standings, I should probably make adjustments but gently caress it

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Proving that I'm not a real competitor, here is some information that only hurts me: Canard is not racing this weekend.

Neither is JS7, Bagget(I think), Tickle, or Dean Wilson if anyone picked those guys.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Don' yell at me

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I don't think anyone did real great this week. The RMfantasy site kinda sucks for looking up "How did I do in my group this week". I picked 4/5 top 5 guys but didn't have any in the right order.

Nice to see Kenny get a win, I liked the bigger track, it was cool that it was went outside. The whoops looked pretty nasty again, which makes things real interesting.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

I don't think anyone did real great this week. The RMfantasy site kinda sucks for looking up "How did I do in my group this week". I picked 4/5 top 5 guys but didn't have any in the right order.

Nice to see Kenny get a win, I liked the bigger track, it was cool that it was went outside. The whoops looked pretty nasty again, which makes things real interesting.

VTNewb calling Dungey's fall from grace. :respek:

Otherwise, I also got 4/5 of the top guys and didn't have any in the right order. Stupid german, why would you win? Just give in and let Dungey win forever.

edit:
Dungey
Anderson
Roczen
Reed
Tomac
Pourcelle

builds character fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 10, 2016

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Picks for SD2:

1. Ryan Dungey
2. Ken Roczen
3. Chad Reed
4. Eli Tomac
5. Cole Seely
W14: Mike Alessi

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Picks for SD2:

1. Ryan Dungey
2. Ken Roczen
3. Chad Reed
4. Eli Tomac
5. Cole Seely
W14: Mike Alessi

Seely over Anderson huh? Living dangerously.

I'll update our standings today (I think Glendale was my best performance!) and put in my pix.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

VTNewb posted:

I'll update our standings today (I think Glendale was my best performance!) and put in my pix.

:argh: picking roczenanderson over dungey was huge.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Alright boys:

1- Dungey
2 - Roczen
3 - Tomac
4 - Anders
5 - Musquin
Wild - Will Hahn

BOOM

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I went with:

Dungey
Roczen
Anderson
Reed
Seely

Pourcel

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

VTNewb posted:

Yea I think I based my picks mostly on the first SD race. Apparently this is a pretty tight track, not sure who that favors.

My man Canard should be back racing this weekend, I think! :swoon: Also Bagget and Short. 3rd gear starts return!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Yet another absolutely amazing 250 race. Man Jimmy D was on fire, but it's clear he can't run the distance. Dude needs some more fitness I guess?

The 450 race was a bit disappointing. I missed the wildcard by one position too - ugh.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Being a little risky this week with... Dungey in the #1 spot. Pretty surprising, I know. Gets even crazier with Roczen at two.

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Tomac
4. Reed
5. Anderson
11. Pourcel who continues to be french and have a therapy dog.

I wanted to put Seely or Canard in there somewhere but I ran out of spots.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Probably old news for the thread but the new Chasing the Dream has started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lphH24GcnqQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Alright boys, I updated the front page results and put my pix in

1 - Dunge
2 - Roczen
3 - Canard (heh)
4 - Tomac
5 - Anderson
11 - Pieck

Gonna have to watch it tomorrow as #bieks is going karting.

boom

• Locked thread