Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Oh god only 5? This is gonna be tough. I'll give it considerable thought over the day and see if I can come up with a posted list this evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Coming in under the gun. I literally could not decide.

• 1. Shirobako
    As stated by a vast majority of us, this show was the best. I loved a lot of anime this year, far more than I can stick on this list; but Shirobako takes the crown. The show was super easy to relate to and the characters felt very real in their mannerisms and interactions. A bit of a meta plot line really helped convey the stress of entering the workforce by focusing on something the viewer is familiar with. poo poo was great and that's all there is to it.

• 2. ONEPUNCH MAN
    I feel like there's nothing I can add here. Show is great, animation is great, Murata is great, ONE is great. Everything here is great. Wrapped up the season super nicely and proved to us all that Mumen rider is the hero we truly deserve.

• 3. Gatchaman Crowds: Insight
    Gatchaman is awesome. More Hajime was just what we all needed to keep our spirits high. Her and Katz continue to have the best relationship between all cast members and the conflict with Gel was masterfully crafted as a "Hajime" issue (in the sense she is off the wall enough to come up with a solution); with a little help from Katz. While this season definitely lacked the same punch as the first one for me, I like the characters enough to ignore some of the more labored problems with Gel and Tsubaki. In the end it was Hajime taking back seat to let Tsubaki really shine and grow up as a character. Rather than rushing her transition from country girl to Gatchaman, they really made sure to flesh out how hard it was for her to change her whole perspective on the world.

• 4. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Osu
    All aboard the feels train. I love a good tug on the heart strings and am an avid classic music fan. Here we have a show that delivered on both fronts and boy did it come at you hard. Tears were shed, laughs were had, and the show legitimately got me to start playing my piano again. It's not often I get touched by something so deepy, but here we are and I'm probably a huge nerd for it. Music is truly communication beyond words and can convey so many things language is simply incapable of. While the interactions and relationships between the characters was mostly cut and dry, there were a couple dangling strings that left you wondering what life would be like after the season ended. Another super special thing I felt was that the music being played almost felt like another character. There was emotional development between Kosei and the piece of music he was practicing for one reason or another. As he rekindled his love for music and for performing, you could feel his relationship with the music really broaden and turn into absolute passion. They helped this along by mirroring the development along side his love for Kaori to really help drive the nail home.
I very seriously had to think about this last entry for a couple of hours at work. Just brooding over the choice between Euphonium and Shokugeki no Soma... But a choice had to be made and that choice is:
  • 5. Hibike! Euphonium
    gently caress this was a hard choice. Honestly this was only edged out because of my love for KyoAni and classical music (particularly being a bass brass player myself). The characters are adorable and have that very special KyoAni touch in merciless attention to detail. Many scenes in the show were conveyed purely by reading character emotions rather than listening to words. The connections between the cast began to deepen to the point that you could physically FEEL them getting closer while watching events unfold on the screen.

Being at work, I am unable to devote enough concentration to making this more of an effort post, but I could also get carried away with those really fast. As always, honorable mentions go to:
  • Shokugeki no Soma
  • Death Parade
  • Working!!!
  • Yuru Yuri
  • Prison School
  • DanMachi

Cutting the list was hard as hell. I thought on it for quite some time before just deciding to post it and get it over with. 2015 was a good year for anime. Here's to hoping we get another great year in 2016.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

• 0. Love Live School Idol Project + Movie
    It's a well-kept secret, so I'll say it now. I really like Love Live. I know, I know. Love Live wasn't even this year. But the movie was. So I'm giving it the top (non-existent) ranking. I don't have time to effort post about it now. I'll do it later. This post is long enough already.

Also this. Love Live always wins for it is the best.

ChubbyThePhat fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 31, 2015

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

That list is super good. Thanks for throwing that together. Also, drat, 2015 was a good year.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

In Training posted:

Why not include both unweighted and weighted on the Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse Wiki for the heck of it.

This seems good.

• Locked thread