Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

darkgray posted:

List of TV series completed in 2015

Christ, that's a lot of anime. :stare: This list has also made me realise how much there is that I wanted to watch but didn't have the time to (NNB, Snow White with the Red Hair, Rolling Girls, *monogatari, Your Lie in April, Perfect Insider, Working, SNAFU, YuruYuri, Akatsuki no Yona).

My five:

#1: Shirobako
Funny, well-written, great characters, heartwarming and generally really enjoyable, plus informative (thanks for teaching everyone what a cour is, Shirobako)! If I had to recommend a single show for anyone to watch from 2015, it would be this; it's just one great feel-good ride from start to finish with great pacing, the perfect amount of relatable drama and a lovable cast. I can't wait for an eventual second season.

#2: Concrete Revolutio
Concrete Revolutio is, right now, a bit of a mixed bag. It's got gorgeous style and it's doing something really out there, but I feel like its first cour has suffered from some pacing issues (which isn't to say it had filler or anything like that). It's also a tough show to follow, with the jumping back and forth between different periods separated by a few years and the constant references to 50s-70s Japanese pop culture and politics. That said, I definitely think it's 2015's most ambitious show, and it ought to be celebrated for that. The cour ends next week and the next one isn't until April so who knows if I'll still have this positive an impression of it when it ends, but for now, who can say no to a show where the Americans send combiner Optimus Prime to assassinate the family from Sazae-san by barfing molecular acid at them, the genocide of other-dimensional bug aliens is a metaphor for parliamentary deadlock in 1960s Japan, and one of the main cast is a super-intelligent jaguar time cop disguised as a human?

#:3: Ore Monogatari
If you want a very funny and horrendously saccharine romance show where nothing bad ever happens to the lead characters and they just get to be very cute every week, watch Ore Monogatari. It's great. :3:

#4: Hibike! Euphonium
It's a KyoAni show, with everything that entails (namely, slice of life with absurd animation quality and insanely well-researched and -drawn backgrounds). It's cute girls doing cute things where the only drama is whether or not the cast will manage to get good enough at playing their instruments to make it to the regional big band contest, and that's 100% my jam. Plus, it's very gay.

#5: One Punch Man
This show is going to be on basically everyone's list and is going to place in the top 5 anyway, so it's only here because I can't put IBO in and I'm too ashamed to admit I liked GATE. That said: it's a great show and I'm sad it ended. Saitama is a cool dude, the comedy is funny and the animation's gorgeous. I went into it expecting to not enjoy it because it wouldn't be serious enough, but I found myself getting attached to the main cast and enjoying the show a lot.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Ranks shouldn't be counted anyway, except as an arbitrary tiebreaker along the lines of "who was first the most, Shirobako or OPM?" if those two actually tie for first place.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I thought people hated RWBY, calling it fake anime, western poo poo, etc. etc.

Now it's suddenly popular.

Did they make a new RWBY thread or did people suddenly decide they like it.

It's getting released in Japan so now it is truly anime.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

The moment Shirobako won me over was that smash cut from happy highschool amateur animation times to Aoi sitting in the car, staring at traffic lights tired as gently caress

It was kind of a shame it didn't do more stuff like that but that smash cut was loving fantastic, yeah. I am glad Shirobako didn't end up all cynical, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I think it's fine deciding you don't like something enough to keep watching after a few episodes, but not liking K-On should be a crime, IMO.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Top 10 Anime Of 2015

Thanks for tallying these. Boo the 6 people who voted for OPM but did not vote for Shirobako.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I am one of those people.

I'm not surprised, because you consistently have the worst anime opinions. :colbert:

• Locked thread