Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
One-Punch Man
A crazy fun action-comedy anime with tons of amazing animation. A serious punch.

Hibike! Euphonium
Beautifully animated character-driven story, got fun comedy and good drama. Also, it's kinda hot.

Shirobako
Good writing, good art, good animation, good insight into the animation industry, it's better than Jiggly Heaven.

Ore Monogatari!!
It's the cutest story that ever opened with a molester getting punched in the face.

Gatchaman Crowds: Insight
It's got pretty much all the stuff that made the first season good, but tackles even more interesting stuff in even more interesting ways. Plus, the art is still great.

Honorable Mentions:
Punch Line

I wasn't a big fan of how it ended and it had some rough spots in the first few episodes, but four episodes in this show gets ridiculously fun and stays that way for the rest of the series.

Himouto! Umaru-chan
Cute comedy, with several choices of best girl. Unfortunately, it loses out on being the best comedy to Osomatsu-san, which lost out to being in the top five to five other shows that had lots of good comedy, and gooder other things.

Osomatsu-san
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

Euphonium is a real #2, that's for sure.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm absolutely godawful with gimp

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
If I got aired in Japan... would that make me anime...?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

*while dying and coughing up blood*

It's okay Colonel... you... you're already... an anime...

*dies*

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

quote:

The final episode was merely really good to me instead of the perfect standard the rest held.

(it was only a light punch cause you said the rest was perfect!!!)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kickascii posted:

I got some time off for the holidays so I went to check out one of the other popular choices, the Euphonium anime. :froggonk: Sorry, I can't do it, I'm allergic to this kind of stuff. And I even watched all of Haruhi. Maybe next year!

wait, what. what are you allergic to. i don't understand what you are saying

you could just say "i don't like this anime" instead

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Julias posted:

To be fair, the beginning part with do-do-donuts almost turned me off of Shirobako, too.

what the honest gently caress

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
is this just going to be another argument over whether or not moe anime is inherently bad

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 27, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

littleorv posted:

I'm gonna smack you

with my dick

what's that going to accomplish

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sapphire kawashima armed with the contrabass cannon

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish i could have been there for the live chuunibyou s2 reactions

it's the first kyoani show i've just straight-up dropped

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

inferno cop owned, however

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ninja slayer wasn't really inferno cop 2. it was a mix of inferno cop and, gently caress, i don't even know it changed what it was doing so many times but the ninja girl was cute and so was nancy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
like some episodes of ninja slayer were serious character drama played totally straight and i actually really liked some of those ones. then one of them was the episode about the crab ninja, and the scientist who then grafted the dead crab ninja's hand to his arm. and pretty much the entire episode was bondage fanservice, and not really any other episode quite approached that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dunno i like ninja slayer for what it is, when it was fun it was really cool and fun, but there were also times where i would not blame someone for not really liking it at all

actually i never really finished watching it. maybe i should, i want to see if the cute ninja girl turns good again. if she doesn't, gently caress that, it's poo poo!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

AnacondaHL posted:

Not that I would have put it in my 2013 Top 5 anyways, but IIRC Gatchaman Crowds lost a bunch of votes due solely to Utsutsu's costume design.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh6BtPs-KNk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
A lot of people were mad about the BBB adaptation cause of all the anime original content

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wanted to give punchline a vote, but there were too many good shows this year

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i swear zep sometimes you have opinions that are good and make me want to kiss you but then you have really bad opinions that make me want to destroy you and everything you hold dear

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the real crime of 2013 was yozakura quartet getting nowhere near the list

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Bad Seafood posted:

Kill La Kill was an incredibly dumb show I enjoyed watching most of the time.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

KLK pretty much saved anime and is the only reason I was able to watch masterpieces like OPM this season.

Anime would have died without KLK.

Actually Ping-Pong did it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
You just couldn't tell, cause Masaaki Yuasa was just that good at Ping-Pong

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

graybook posted:

Looking on while my roommate watched the first episode of Kill La Kill is why I got back into anime. This is good and bad I guess.

Actually, it's just good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my opinion on kill la kill: i really like the first half. i really don't like some parts in the second half. the action scenes were cool

a lot of people hate imaishi but i don't mind him, kill la kill though was not one of his more fun shows

• Locked thread