Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Honourable Mention: Gatchaman Crowds Insight - I absolutely LOVED the aesthetic and the characters in this but while the plot and commentary is cool and interesting, I didn't find it as affecting as the rest of my list

5. Wakako-zake - This show was so good! My favourite voice-actress talking about delicious meals! It got me to try some new recipes and appreciate certain things a little more :)

4. Ore Monogatari - Incredibly sweet and funny show, loved everyone in this! It's optimism was extremely contagious and the dramatic moments were very touching :unsmith:

3. Hibike Euphonium - So gorgeous! Wonderful characters! Excellent music! Getting a second season! :tem: I really liked Kumiko a lot, she was delightfully awkward and very relatable

2. Shirobako - Such a wonderful story throughout the whole season! Incredibly fun ride, delightful characters, impactful emotional moments and a really satisfying ending! Fingers-crossed for a second season some day

1. Non Non Biyori Repeat - :tem: :cry: :unsmith: :kimchi: I can't think of another show that has made me feel so good so consistently! Such lovely art too. I'm still really upset that it's over... I would probably watch this show forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Koufuku Grafitti: It was a delight to see the sisterhood / friendship between Ryo and Kirin develop. The story is cute, the characters are cute, the next-episode preview animations are hella cute, everything is cute. Ryo herself is a really fascinating character, especially in how people around her affect her enjoyment of food - she can cook herself a fantastic meal but she can't really taste it if she can't enjoy it. She's literally the personification of the concept of love being the secret ingredient. It's a heartwarming story of how a lonely girl rediscovers the spark that gives her life joy through her budding relationship with her cousin. This would honestly have been a contender for my Top 5, but lost out to Working!!! and Rokka for sentimental reasons.

:yeah: This is a good description of that show :) I would love to see more of Koufuku Grafitti, and Rolling Girls too!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

Graphs of the changes in MAL scores of the Winter season's' shows.
https://imgur.com/a/8BxXh

I dunno if it means a whole lot, but it's kinda fun looking at the drastic jumps some of them take.

lol :tem: Haikyuu is completely stable and awesome

• Locked thread