Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Basically you have legal protection, but legal protection doesnt prevent you from getting trampled by a horse because the crazy fuckass riding it is too caught up pretending to be rugged to remember manners known to most 6 year old

motherfucker your in wyoming theres a horse trail you can take instead that is litterally made for you and your overpriced pet fuckin hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Did I miss something? On the multi-use trails here it goes horses > bikes > hikers

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Chill and be nice with the posting pls

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
*walks by u bird watching nature nerds blasting dubstep from backpack speakers*

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Do the kids still listen to dubstep?

I thought it was done and they all moved onto trap(?)

I am an old man.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

bradzilla posted:

I'm taking a walk while posting on the forums, no irony here

Edit: have a selfie for proof

Nice bloatee

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Thanks, it's why I'm walking regularly ;) I also didn't grow it to cover my fat, I grew it because it's cold in Minnesota

E: post your pic bitch

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 29, 2015

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

bradzilla posted:

fight fight fight

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

bradzilla posted:

Thanks, it's why I'm walking regularly ;) I also didn't grow it to cover my fat, I grew it because it's cold in Minnesota

it hasn't been cold this winter here until like a week ago COVER BLOWN :siren:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

People who don't live here think it's literally always -200 degrees :ssh:

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Picnic Princess posted:

Did I miss something? On the multi-use trails here it goes horses > bikes > hikers

Yeah you did...

Bikers yield to horses and hikers.
Hikers yield to horses.
Horses poo poo on trail and trample you with their glorious ROW.

Also people going downhill yield to those going uphill.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

cold is relative my little ice princess

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I try to enjoy nature while I hike, but I end up looking at the ground the whole time so I don't trip.

The one time I looked up to enjoy nature, I fell flat on my face and got a bone bruise on my shin. Fun times.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Lacrosse posted:

I try to enjoy nature while I hike, but I end up looking at the ground the whole time so I don't trip.

The one time I looked up to enjoy nature, I fell flat on my face and got a bone bruise on my shin. Fun times.

Same here but that's how I find more fossils than anyone I know

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Lacrosse posted:

the trick is to stop and rest at the optimal times to sight see :ssh:

I try to ignore nature when falling asleep in a tent because man I really don't a drat bear fuckin' with me while I'm sleeping. On the other hand, it's far more likely a goddamn deer is going to come tromping through my campsite munching on poo poo just feet away from me. Or if you're in Assateague, it's the goddamn ponies.

Serious though I was camping in Tuolumne Meadows once and woke up to something in my campsite and was like "oh poo poo it's a bear I can hear it licking the bear box and messing with it" and then seconds later I'm like "wait it's ripping grass out of the ground and chewing it's a goddamn deer what the gently caress :argh: "

I also want to ignore nature by putting in ear plugs while I sleep but I can't quite feel comfortable with that for some reason.

On the other hand, my wife needs distractions when the going gets tough and either wants me to talk about a bunch of poo poo and distract her or she needs to listen to books on tape or music, while I somehow manage to lose myself in my own head thinking about things while trudging up a steep climb. But I might be a bit stupid about pain during exercise since I like to bike up hills.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I did have a bear sniffling around our tent in a really remote alpine meadow once and ever since then I try to set up in places where moving water drowns out sound because now every loving deer and squirrel moving while I'm blind in a tent makes me worry.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Picnic Princess posted:

I did have a bear sniffling around our tent in a really remote alpine meadow once and ever since then I try to set up in places where moving water drowns out sound because now every loving deer and squirrel moving while I'm blind in a tent makes me worry.

I'm much more iffy about grizzlies doing that poo poo than black bears but ultimately you're more likely to die in a car crash on your way to the trailhead than to a bear attack

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Levitate posted:

I'm much more iffy about grizzlies doing that poo poo than black bears but ultimately you're more likely to die in a car crash on your way to the trailhead than to a bear attack

True, there's only been one fatal grizzly attack here in well over a decade I think, and it was a hunter who wasn't paying attention and got in between a mama and her cubs.

The good news is that instead of putting down the bear, the valley it lives in was closed to the public. Not all of our 'problem' bears have been so lucky.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

bradzilla posted:

pedestrians have right of way no matter where they walk, hth

Ding ding ding, you got it--cars really have no business being in the streets, and honestly wouldn't be if it weren't for a small handful of conniving bastards who figured out how to use public shaming to get pedestrians out of the road:

http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/episode-76-the-modern-moloch/

Dexterous Spider
May 7, 2016

:goon: :parrot: :goon:
I used to hike out to remote area's on Rez to sit and read. Sometimes play on phone. But I didn't ignore nature, just felt one with. Can't ignore the beasties in the bush. Well, you can, but not smart.

Always situationally aware though thanks to the Army. :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Speleothing posted:

Sometimes at my old apartment, I would walk up the side of lookout mountain, sit in the shade of a juniper, and browse the forums.

But at least I wasn't on the couch.

whoa that's a big apartment if you had all of lookout mountain in it

• Locked thread