Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Cross Ange: shock factor out the wazoo, went too far. Sensible folks should stay away.

Good Vivian you look kind of cool.

Good Vivian you look kind of upset.
Apparently this fuckup of a face didn't get fixed for the BD release.

Kantai Collection: This show couldn't decide if it wanted to be "lighthearted shipgirls coming of age slice of life" or "WE ARE TIED TO THE SINS OF THE PAST AND THE TRAGEDIES ENGRAVED IN OUR WARSHIP SOULS.... CAN WE ESCAPE THIS ABYSSAL FATE AND CARVE OUR OWN DESTINY?", and suffers for not completely sticking to one of those niches.

Symphogear GX: Yes it's on my Best list because I am a slave to the Symphogear series and I will jump at the chance to make the S4 thread, but I do have to criticize how the season was handled. A lot of character drama felt manufactured and overcompartmentalized: open by showing the protag cast getting their rumps handed to them, show the turning point, have a very rote arc showing off the improvements to the point where it's boring and, despite some kickin rad moments that are very much Anime, just drags down the show as a whole. Despite the variety of songs, some of the musical reuse just felt like they were taking the easy route out in a production sense. I will be among the first on here to sign the fanatic praises of Symphogear but I must also recognize the glaring flaws.

MOST AVOIDED
Fushigi na Somera-chan: Predictable monkeycheese bull-honky. If I want a good comedy short I'll watch Teekyuu. Dropped after two episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Endorph posted:

girls are cute. i wanna gently caress mutsu. i hope this helps.

ara ara

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
God bless Nana Mizuki.

• Locked thread