Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It'd be easy to just write the same thing I did in my post for the Best Anime of 2015, but I'm gonna put some (small) effort to this:

1. Rokka no Yuusha: That ending was goddawful. Seriously, gently caress this show.
  2. Chaos Dragon: This was a no-brainer. It's really easy to screw up the narrative of an RPG session. It's as if Hajime Kanzaka taught us nothing.
  3. Dragon Ball Super: The 2 movies were okay in that feel-good rose-colored drive down memory lane. This is a poo poo-shower.

Dishonorable mentions:
  • Psycho Pass Movie: For all this had going for it, it was still really boring. Get it together, Urobuchi!
  • Gangsta: A sad descent into a wet fart of a conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh! And I forgot one more thing: The male singer from Ling Toshite Shigure gets on your nerves really fast.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Owari is great, but it's kind of a drag because you do need to have some investment in the -monogatari series as a whole. And we're talking about 77 episodes so far, plus 12 more coming along with at least 2 if not 3 movies.

That's a pretty big investment for most people. That's close to the run time of the LoGH main series.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

Yoshiyuki Tomino's opinions on the latest Gundam show.

Did Tomino the Killer came back? Or is it just grumpy ol' Tomino?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

I'm sorry for starting this derail can someone please vote for something now

Most avoided show:

Cross Ange: After watching the 1st episode, I decided that it wasn't for me, and not even cool new songs by Nana Mizuki were going to convince me otherwise. Then my daughter started watching the show and she thought it would be cool to make it part of that chunk of time where we watch stuff together and then play video games. She got bored of it at around episode 9 and we started watching Hunter x Hunter instead.

Darth Walrus posted:

I was mostly talking about how everyone used that one fake interview with him to say that he hated Gundam SEED with the burning passion of a thousand suns. Don't know if he's said anything about Gundam: IBO (which is good and does not belong in this thread).

Ah, old stuff. I enjoyed the interviews he gave to Newtype about disliking the way most voice actors from these few past generations tend to sound really samey and how the new Gundam (at the time; the one he made) was more for newer generations and that maybe the old guard might not dig it.

I remember one of my boys over there actually commenting on it during this one chat and how he wishes to never be on Tomino's shitlist.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

i think it was that the male lead was actually brainwashed to love the female lead (who has super intense trust issues), at some point before they met. their relationship was a really :3: thing to come out of the show.

Oh, gently caress you, Ishio Yamagata. Why didn't you stay in your wheelhouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

StrixNebulosa posted:

Nostalgia actually makes the show even worse - you sit there fondly remembering the old show while the new one does its best to strip out all of the charm from the series. Adapting the manga isn't a bad idea, but doing it as fast as possible - to the point of stripping out some content - with bad animation is a recipe for disaster.

Wait, they actually took stuff OUT? Isn't the manga... like, 15 or 16 volumes? They could've made it like Stardust Crusaders which actually added neat stuff.

• Locked thread