Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

White Phosphorus posted:

WTF do you mean "Yuck". That's what System Shock 2 used and it was great.

When you start the game you get the option to play traditional or the oddity system. The designer intended the game to be played using the oddity system. People who tried both claim that the oddity is better than the traditional XP system. I'm using the oddity system and have no complaints, it gives a very nice progression. Enemies drop oddities too if that's what you are wondering.

You Mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756657

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

YEechh!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i was liking the game up until this second big quest which is hot garbage.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Is this anything like Age of Decadence? That game seemed epic.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Is this anything like Age of Decadence? That game seemed epic.

It's not 3D obviously but it has a lot of detail and ways to do stuff. Not as much as Age of Decadence though. Also combat can be pretty punishing but since I play a Not Wizard I sort of just brutally kill everyone almost instantly unless they are a robot. It seems like its possible in a few spots to talk your way/sneak your way out of stuff but I haven't figured out how.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

i was liking the game up until this second big quest which is hot garbage.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Just keep a pencil and paper by the computer to draw your own map as you go along.

In Training posted:

If you read the latest dev update it was a game made by one guy over the course of 7 years

boy i cant wait to loving play this poo poo here

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

this but unironically

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=216763

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Labors of love ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

L-I-M-P BIZKIT RIGHT HERE PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE KEEP YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR CUZ IF YOU DONT CARE THEN WE DONT CARE

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

The map thing sucks but the levels are well designed so it's easy to remember where everything is in relation to eachother. IMO>

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.
I bought this game when it was in one of those bundles and the version was 0.1.x or so, but saw that it was released.
I just did the training mission that it has now and I messed up on the stealth part.
Did I miss something or is there no LOS cones for stealth mode?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Seems cool. Might get it when on sale.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SunAndSpring posted:

Seems cool. Might get it when on sale.

Good news gamer. It's 7% off right now, for the duration of the Steam Holiday Sale.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

If you don't own Undertale by this point I don't know what to tell you. Your probably a bigot.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i got it for $1 like 2 years ago in a bundle of other stuff i actually wanted and never opened it

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Larry Parrish posted:

Has anyone else played this game yet, or maybe been interested in it. It's yet another oldschool isometric RPG like Age of Decadence or Fallout. It's an actual 2D game so it's much more like Fallout or the new Shadowrun games. Graphically it's pretty decent. Higher resolution than fallout but still not super detailed or anything.

It's a post-apocalyptic game where all (known) survivors are living in this huge metro system/cave system called Underrail. It has psionics and personal force fields and cyborgs and mutant insects and poo poo. I beat the first quest so far which had a bunch of alternate routes and secrets to explore and stuff so if the rest of the game is even half as decent as the first area then it's a good rear end game. IDK how long it is or if there's even a main quest yet.

The graphics remind me a lot of X-Com Apocalypse, especially this explosion:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Good news gamer. It's 7% off right now, for the duration of the Steam Holiday Sale.

it's 10% off on gog.

also i got past that really lovely quest and the one after it is way cooler.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

If you don't own Undertale by this point I don't know what to tell you. Your probably a bigot.

Dec 26, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

it's 10% off on gog.

thanks for this

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

it's 10% off on gog.

also i got past that really lovely quest and the one after it is way cooler.

Even better.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mekkanare posted:

I bought this game when it was in one of those bundles and the version was 0.1.x or so, but saw that it was released.
I just did the training mission that it has now and I messed up on the stealth part.
Did I miss something or is there no LOS cones for stealth mode?

There are no LoS cones. But, when you stealth, you are invisible. If you bump into someone you leave stealth and roll for initiative. While stealthed, anyone who's Perception range you are within has a green eye above them. It will fill if you are close enough that they can eventually detect you, then it will turn yellow and fill again. Once it hits red they know where you are and you don't count as stealthed to that target. You can leave stealth directly into combat but you will have no movement points and I think slightly reduced AP? Not sure.

Dec 26, 2012

this is pretty cool so far

worth noting in case you're dumb like me and don't read things: that 200 credits you start out with = 2000 value for trading

Dec 26, 2012

also the oddity experience thing owns

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01011001 posted:

also the oddity experience thing owns

I noticed you also get XP from finishing some quests.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
blunderrail.

Dec 26, 2012

bump. robots literally can't damage me at this point because i found armor with crazy bullet resistance

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I got an insulated vest with a sweet trench coat, so now mutants are my biggest fear.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

A 10 hour long 80s wire-frame blobber? Yeah I don't know why somebody wouldn't jump on that right away.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

White Phosphorus posted:

A 10 hour long 80s wire-frame blobber? Yeah I don't know why somebody wouldn't jump on that right away.

drat. brutal.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whats a wire-frame blobber.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Those things in smash that are like, stripped down models of characters, specifically Kirby and Jigglypuff

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
This is a good game.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

blunderfail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

net cafe scandal posted:

IF this is a serious post, a blobber is a game like Wizardry or Might and Magic where everyone moves together one tile at a time. The graphics in the very early wizardrys looked like a green or white on black wireframe representation of a hallways as seen from first person.

This has been your over 30 gamer post for the day.

• Locked thread