Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Red posted:

:siren::siren::siren: WK Ruling: You can use the Avengers round table for DC ID cards :siren::siren::siren:

I'd assumed every place was going to house rule this, so that's really nice.

Sweet, so people can re-enact the final battle from JLA/Avengers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I wonder if they'll at some point reuse the Red Robin sculpt for a Pre-Flashpoint Tim.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Sanschel posted:

News about Civil War OP out of GAMA: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558550

The format sounds interesting; we only get 12-16 players consistently for big events anyway so I'm not sweating a player reduction on our standard two cases anyway, though the increased price hurts some. The draft format is odd, and aside from team building selection and Bounty cards the factions don't make a big difference. Those sculpts are super swanky.

As a judge I'm annoyed that there's no additional support; it was a nice thank you to get an LE for the time it takes to organize and corral players, but this time around I either get bupkis or join in which potentially bumps out a player and also hurts my impartiality.

I was speaking to my venue a few weeks ago and apparently the grand prize pack is expensive enough that we'd have to make a significant bump in cost for the final month, so we're opting instead to do four months of sealed and one month of constructed with a small buy-in, but with two kits all 16 players should walk away with two grand prize figures.

I want that Steve Rogers in Iron Man Armour.

Too bad literally nowhere near me does organised play. So not only would I not be able to win it, it'd just be a display piece.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

CapnAndy posted:

Emma Frost preview, common and prime. Both are quite good, but three very interesting things have been revealed and completely uncommented-upon:
1) Optional costed traits are a thing now.
2) Stop clicks are an official game mechanic, keyworded as STOP.
3) Looks like the horrible ugly card redesign with printed dials got poo poo-canned.

I thought they said that card redesign wasn't actually coming in with this set and they instead showed it with a character from the new set to illustrate what it might look like?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Word is that the Civil War starter's got a new rulebook/PAC, I don't know if that changes anything regarding the annotated rulebook project.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

'Captain Ironmerica'? That's the best they could come up with?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

They're doing an All-Batgirl OP Kit with Babs, Cass & Steph? Awesome! I'm guess Babs will be in her Batgirl of Burnside getup.

And hey, they remember Cass' Blackbat identity existed! Now if only DC did in the comics...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

thebardyspoon posted:

They announced they're doing 15th anniversary sets for DC and Marvel, with bricks so I assume a full sized set too. I thought they might be throwback dials like the 10th anniversary ones were (also, this news being announced has made me sad that it's already been 5 years since those sets, gone by fast and I still haven't played the Brainiac from that set yet) but apparently people at one of those retailer convention things are saying they're elseworlds and what-if themed.

Oh, hell yes! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So apparently the 15th Anniversary sets are What If? and Elseworlds.

Didn't see that coming.

• Locked thread