Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

It's a repainted spider-bot. There are 0 new sculpts in that kit.

Here are dials.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8536612&postcount=1

Man, Mysterio is the only one of those I give a crap about. I was hoping there'd be a Doc Ock to dethrone the WoS but he still reigns supreme.

In other fun news, Mzy, Bat Mite, full TW Bats and half TW Supes is 400 even, and I aim to use it when I'm able to play next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

Just bought myself a Brainiac Retail Ship and Brainiac Entity with Christmas cash

Yep, grabbed that blue Brainiac ship with a spot of dosh, probably the last thing I can afford for a while.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

WizKids has announced its 2016 con schedule, and GenCon is conspicuously absent.

Which actually puts me in a bit of a bind, because I thought Origins sucked on toast compared to GenCon and was planning to go back to Indianapolis this year.

Heroclix is far and away still my main game, even for as truncated as WizKids was at GenCon I was still there most of the daylight hours, so them not being there at all is a mixed bag. If they do nothing, the one thing I devote the most time and energy to won't be there so in one respect its not worth it for me to go all the way from Seattle; on the other hand, the stuff I got to do outside of clix and all the time I spent hanging out with goons made last year my favorite of my short GenCon attendance history.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Interesting format this week: 400 points and Mind Control may be used on friendly characters. Any time MC is used it deals 1 unavoidable damage, or 2 if the total point values are 150+, but if you can successfully chain three uses of Mind Control then no members of the chain take damage.

I've been trying to think of people that have some benefit that cues just off of hitting with an attack, rather than specifically hitting an opposing character. For example, SR Steve Rogers triggers Prob for Shield characters when he hits with any attack, whereas the Rally trait of the generics requires hitting an opposing character. Basically I want to buff myself as much as possible right out of the gate by exploiting being able to attack my own characters.

I'm presently super tempted to run 50 point SR Iron Man possessed by Predator so I can give anybody I want MC, though an MC denial team using Wrath or Nighthawk Prime could be equally entertaining.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Lot of World's Finest being spoiled, and God packs have returned, which I'm crossing my fingers I can pull one as the chases are some of the only things I care about in a set I otherwise find unexciting and with way too many Supermen, Batmen, and generics.

So for that Mind Control game I eschewed any MC at all and went with a movie accurate Suicide Squad:

FL Amanda Waller
LE Captain Boomerang
LE Deadshot
FL Harley Quinn @full
GSC Killer Croc

This team was really fun without feeling overpowered; round 1 I got spanked hard by an Outlaws team base, but it wouldn't have been so bad had I not hosed up positioning and forgot a crucial Perplex.

Round 2 vs a team featuring Dr Psycho and Superman Blue, this time I was saved by my opponent's inability to land his follow up attacks after Mind Controlling me, and Harley making every Super Senses. Deadshot slowly sniped the team down, but my MVP was Boomerang; Digger would hide behind Waller or Harley to make use of PD to get off some heavy EE strikes, and one time managed to have a Boomerang come back around after missing the first attack. The Flash set versions were good, but this is the Digger I remember from the comics.

Round 3 vs Engineer, Doctor, and Midnighter. He could vastly outreach me so I had to turtle a bit and bait him with Croc, who can definitely tank a bit. Eventually he took it and Engineer wandered too close; he didn't expect the 12 range from Deadshot as he began tearing into her, and by then Boomerang had gotten close enough to start landing hits as well. Doctor was shut down by Waller and Harley's dual Outwit and Midnighter got eaten by Croc.

As per usual, a fun Suicide Squad, easily one of the more entertaining themed teams to build nowadays.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Waffles Inc. posted:

Finally playing in a Worlds Finest sealed on Sunday--any figures that are bigger performers than they look on paper I should be looking out for?

Booster and Beetle are phenomenal for their points; full dials of 10 attack and they always play well with others on every click. If you pull another Metal Men, Platinum is amazing for the double Outwit; paired with Sidestep and 18 defend she's a solid cheap backbone for your team and can push (or take strategic Posion) to surprise with 11 Blades. Full dial Robotman is no slouch, the Shifting Focus Supermen are all worthwhile investments, and Nightwing can attack every turn without ever getting an action token if you use him right. If you roll Shape Change consistently, Wizard is a hilarious troll piece with good support powers and the ability to fart out tigers as he teleports away from danger. Element Man is nothing short of the best point-for-point piece in the set.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My next scheduled Heroclix game isn't for two weeks, which'll be a 600 point named theme team game. Since we're allowed a different team each round, I've opted for three teams I've been aching to try:

Squadron Supreme:
Hyperion
Power Princess
Spectrum
Nighthawk

The most alpha-strikey of the three, I've been sitting on these primes forever and haven't used any save for the sealed games in which I pulled Spectrum and Whizzer. One Outwit, a possible TK, and Hyperion hitting hard without worrying about modifiers, there's nothing too fancy unless I feel like being more creative with Spectrum than just choosing TK/Psy Blast/PW.

Maximum Carnage:
Carrion
Carnage
Shriek
Doppelgänger
Demogoblin
ATA

I've been waiting since Morand announced he was making Shriek to run this, if that's any indication as to how rarely a 600 pt format pops up around here. At first I thought this team wouldn't be terribly competitive, but I forgot just how many tricks all of these guys have. With the ATA to disrupt clustery teams, there's a lot of damage that can be done in a single turn. Much less tentpole heavy than the Squadron, the loss of any one Carnage Family member doesn't really hinder the others, though keeping Shriek safe is always a must. Hopefully I get to play against a Spidey for maximum theme.

Injustice Society:
Solomon Grundy
Vandal Savage @half
Shade @half
Per Degaton
Wizard

This team is surprisingly tricky as I'll start off with three Outwits, two Probs, a Sidestep/TK, a Flier, my three support people have built in protections, my primary attackers are pains in the rear end to put down, and I can push Shade for a double Perplex. These guys are rough as gently caress, and I don't really feel the lack of long range pieces when my shutdown is that heavy.

Also for funsies, I thought of a boss 300 point team for the next time we run that format:

Arkham Asylum:
Poison Ivy prime
Joker's Daughter
SoG Scarecrow
Slosh Riddler

I appreciate that it's lacking move and attack, and that much of my damage is predicated upon Mind Control, the opponent having enough action tokens, and the opponent having a worthwhile father figure for Duela. It's also easy enough to pad out with extra figures to enhance the basic idea for larger point games: 400+ you add Black Mask, then you can start using other actual attackers like Croc or Deadshot and Harley depending on what you're going for.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

All the Batman vs Superman dials have been spoiled too: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557063

Hey a bunch of Supermen with HSS and other generic versions of heroes we've already had. The support figures are the real highlights: pick-a-power Alter Egos are nicely done and the few villains, along with Perry White, are incredibly useful. Superman Revenge Squad needs that main set Mercy. Surprised by the lack of Doomsday, generally movie sets are unconcerned with plot spoilers.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 25, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

That's the one. He's a pretty solid 100 points

Having played against him half a dozen times at this point, his usefulness is largely dependent on rolling well enough to have a stock of control tokens on his card. One game my opponent had six on him and could afford to give him a perpetual stat boost, which was often exactly what I missed him by. Another game he couldn't roll to replenish them to save his life and I took advantage of Plasticity to lock him down and MC him to mirder his own team.

I think I'm most excited to get him because I can use him to give Gotham City Sirens teams some actual (thematic) punch and be usable outside of 200-300 point games.

I also played against a team with KC Spectre on his turret click and holy balls is that irritating; he can basically Prob the entire map for 30 points. I'll be interested to see which of those guys wind up at Nationals/Worlds this year.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I played in the Lacey, WA Open today as well. I had actually intended to just marathon BRs to grind the last ID cards and get some WF swag but nobody else came to do that so I hopped in the main event. My boosters were ho-hum so I ran:

Apprentice
Creeper
Jason Blood
Elasti-Girl

Round 1 vs Spectre, Booster Gold, and a third who escapes me. Actually a good friend of mine I play almost weekly, but he has a habit of rolling abysmally and today was no exception: every d6 he rolled missed the mark by one, and I was able to chunk away at him by pushing Rita like crazy and constantly Incapping with Creeper. His luck came back though as he wound up being the overall event winner of the day a few hours later.

Round 2 vs Element Man, HSS Supes, Blackbriar Thorn. Metamorpho is too flippin tricky, I could never fully neutralize him because he does too much; Outwit his pick a power and he'll just Sidestep close and wallop you with Giant Reach, etc. I didn't make a dent in his team as he dismantled mine.

Round 3 vs Metallo, Mento, Creeper. A dice masters player who was done with a day of clix, he phoned this match in hardcore and I was able to sweep a win in no time. I felt bad because I was trying to treach and encourage him but he was having none of it.

Round 4 vs Joker's Daughter, Allura, Shifting Batman, Black Cat. After a lengthy debate about whether or not I could draw line of fire to his Allura over the cat in Stealth when he forgot to Wild Card her to Batman TA (because "Stealth turns hindering into blocking terrain," which the judge shut down fast; I'll note that this guy has played longer than I have and is well known for pulling this kind of horseshit), I was able to quickly demolish her with Rita and then whittle away at the rest of the team, getting all but joker's daughter.

My strength of schedule was good enough to get me in the top 8, and this time I pulled Alloy (who is a spare, wink wink) but instead I opted for:

Zatara
Wizard
Blue Beetle
Shifting Supes w/HSS & Defend

I went against Mary Marvel and Major Force. I thought I was going to eat poo poo but I had enough Perplex and Prob to make Supes' attacks hurt, and got Force down such that he was poisoning Mary as much as my team. I baited Mary to hit Zatara onto his explosion clicks but she did too well, crit hitting and knocking me one square out of range to hit her and Force, so I opted to sack Zatara for Force. He took out Superman and Beetle but opted to push to get on Regen, and Wizard had a single attack to KO a last click Mary and move on to Top 4, but Mary made Shape Change and healed for 4 and that was it. But I got the ID cards I'd come for so I can't complain.

Afterwards I jumped into one BR and my only complaint arose: they weren't timing BRs at all. Apparently one with two crazy Janes lasted nearly 3 hours, bleh. I rushed through it and took third, securing prime Ivy and an extra Swordsman card, though I forgot that I don't have a normal Ivy and neglected to grab her from the pool before bailing.

All in all a good day, even if my WF packs were largely unremarkable save Alloy; would've been nice to get a chase.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sanschel posted:

Squadron Supreme:
Hyperion
Power Princess
Spectrum
Nighthawk

Maximum Carnage:
Carrion
Carnage
Shriek
Doppelgänger
Demogoblin
ATA

Injustice Society:
Solomon Grundy
Vandal Savage @half
Shade @half
Per Degaton
Wizard
So we had our 600 point game this week and I ran these three teams.

First round was Injustice Society vs Apokalips: 300 Darkseid, Kalibak, Steppenwolf. I picked the YGO maze map to limit Darkseid's range by a lot and started up the maze, but the big D opted to take a shot on Grundy and Degaton, nailing both and putting Grundy on his first Flurry click. A Sidestep/TK from Shade and missed Impervoois later and Darkseid was done for, he made one more ineffectual attack on Vandal who finished him off. Kalibak took his shot at Grundy but couldn't KO him so Grundy wailed on him in return, with Wizard finishing off Darkseid's least favorite son. Poor Steppenwolf did his best to KO Savage but couldn't pass muster, and Grundy finished him to end the game with a dizzying 9 resurrection tokens. I'm eager to play this team again as it seemed like it could be a lot of fun, especially at larger values where I can open up the roster from this iteration of the Society more.

Round 2Maximum Carnage vs Assassins: Kingpin, Elektra, Deadshot, Shiva, Winter Soldier, Outlaw. He picked an open map and I stayed back until I could get everyone but Carrion right up in his face when his team was all tokened up. He opted to take some pushes to wing Carnage, easily my least effective figure, failing to tag Doppleganger. That proved disastrous as I pushed Shriek to have Dopplegager Flurry Shiva, KOing her and chunking 8 damage on Winter Soldier, then Flurrying Deadshot and throwing the damage onto Kingpin, who Masterminded it to Outlaw, KOing 4 figures in two actions. Carnage and Doppleganger then fell to Kingpin and Elektra, but I followe by MCing Elektra with Shriek to Flurry Kingpin for 6 total after Toughness, then blasted her with Demogoblin, threw 3 damage onto Kingpin and the he Masterminded it onto Elektra to KO her. By hen Carrion had made it to the fight and KO'd Kingpin with a Posion. Incredibly fun team, even with Carrion being agonizingly slow and Carnage being little more than a damage sponge. Shriek makes this team incredible, good job, Morand!

Round 3 Squadron vs Avengers: Quinjet, 300 Giant Man, Sharon Carter, Jarvis, 50 Iron Man, 8 ID cards. Honestly I didn't have much hope this game; even lacking the modifiers, he had Probs on his side and all it took was one shot from Watcher Fury to nueter Hyperion, and a shot from the Quinjet to take Running Shot from Spectrum. I got to make a single attack with Power Princess that missed before Giant Man just steamrolled me. ID cards are silly.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

News about Civil War OP out of GAMA: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558550

The format sounds interesting; we only get 12-16 players consistently for big events anyway so I'm not sweating a player reduction on our standard two cases anyway, though the increased price hurts some. The draft format is odd, and aside from team building selection and Bounty cards the factions don't make a big difference. Those sculpts are super swanky.

As a judge I'm annoyed that there's no additional support; it was a nice thank you to get an LE for the time it takes to organize and corral players, but this time around I either get bupkis or join in which potentially bumps out a player and also hurts my impartiality.

I was speaking to my venue a few weeks ago and apparently the grand prize pack is expensive enough that we'd have to make a significant bump in cost for the final month, so we're opting instead to do four months of sealed and one month of constructed with a small buy-in, but with two kits all 16 players should walk away with two grand prize figures.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Red posted:

And the chases for Uncanny X-Men have been revealed:

Beyond Apocalypse and Weapon X I'm having a hard time figuring out how AoA as chases can be limited to six figures. It could be a set unto itself.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I really love the annotated rulebook you guys have got going on, that's gonna be super useful since I don't loiter around the rules forum much anymore.

Last night was a fun event, 400 Golden resources allowed. I opted for a team I've been itching to use for a while they could use a little resource boost:

Gotham City Sirens:
TW Catwoman
FL Harley Quinn
BM Poison Ivy
WF Prime Superman
Birds of Prey x2
Pandora's Box

Even absent the box there's good synergy here; a Perplex, an Outwit, a Stealth wall, the two without BoP are both Calculator so everybody gets to free action Support, it was a solid little team. I was impressed by the Box, I figured the randomness of the power selection and limited time spent on any click wouldn't be a factor but I kept finding uses for what I got, like Superman masterminding to Catwoman just for Harley to heal her up. Of course throwing out Sidestep like candy doesn't hurt either.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

We had a 400 point Master of Minions scenario this week, where only one figure starting on your force can be non-generic, and I ran with Minions of Thanos:

Proxima Midnight
2 Sakaaran Commanders
3 Sakaaran Soldiers

I didn't expect to do great due to the low ranges and reliance on stealth but no way for the soldiers to easily navigate the hindering terrain.

Round 1 I fought full point Alloy with an Ultron-1 and two other drone dials. I managed to kill all three Ultrons and get Alloy, but when all of the Metal Men popped out I was so wounded that I could surmount the secondary swarm I now had to deal with.

Round 2 vs Kylellax and three Sinestro Recruits. This one was a lot easier, as my stealth made Kyle less than useful and his ranges weren't much better than mine if he intended to Pulse Wave. He moved up and managed to miss a soldier, and hid Kyle behind blocking. I used the Soldier' 3 damage to bust open a path for Proxima, arranged the commanders and tagged Kyle for a 5 damage pen blast, then KO'd a recruit with another soldier. He charged up with Kyle but whiffed it and cleared; Kyle took a damage from Proxima's token, then I KO'd his recruits and knocked Kyle to last click. He cleared and the token did its job and KO'd him.

Round 3 vs Darkseid and one GF Parademon. I suffered and early hit from Darkseid and lost a soldier, then missed the big strike with Proxima. He knocked her down to sidestep and kept her outwitted so I couldn't slide closer, but amazingly I managed an enhanced shot with a Soldier to knock him to his second starting line. Darkseid cleared and the parademon moved to tie me up, but I was able to break away and somehow tag Darkseid again, while Proxima got out of darkseids sight. He tried to shoot her but I made super senses, then I whiffed an attack on Darkseid. He outwitted senses on Proxima but crit missed the attack, so she took advantage to sidestep, KO the parademon and heal one. Darkseid ran down to shoot another soldier but again missed, so I took the opportunity to push Proxima to tag him for 3 after reducing, and while he in turn killed her, her trait gave him feedback enough to knock him off his movement special. At this point I pushed my soldiers like crazy to get close to him and take advantage of his lack of mobility, eventually losing both but getting him to his last two clicks, where my commanders spent a few turns chasing him down and pushing to finally KO him. It was a ridiculous game I should not have won.

Those Sakaarans are a surprise; the death bomb of the soldiers never came into play, but nobody expects the soldiers to be doing four or five damage when the commanders are backing them up. I highly reccomend giving them a whirl.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Got in some Turtles stuff, pulled Baxter Stockman, Leonardo, and mothafucking Krang, along with Chase Leo and an extra Shredder (possibly the best R to have a double of). I also got a whopping 13 Foot Soldiers, which holy hell is a metric ton and that makes me giddy. Even though the dials for the chases are bananas I wasn't intending to track them down, but that Leo sculpt looks incredible in the white plastic and I think I need to have all of them, in a way I haven't felt the need to get a full chase set in a long while.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Had my first UXM sealed, I pulled nothing remarkable (especially considering the case opened for players contained 6SRs plus chase Magneto, prime Emma, and prime Pheonix) so I went with:

C Storm
U Jean Grey
R Sunfire
R Sabretooth

It was a toss up between the U Sabretooth for devastating crowd control or the R for a longer dial with more chances to heal, I opted for the R.

Round 1 vs U Storm, C Wolverine, Genoshian Magistrate, U Cyclops, Stonewall. I went for a big opening strike on Storm, hoping to cripple or KO her in one go, and rolled a 1 on Blades. Sabretooth didn't last for me to push him, and Stonewall locked me down; I wailed on him ineffectually but my opponent also couldn't hit poo poo, so ultimately Victor was the only casualty.

Round 2 vs R Juggernaut, Professor X, Thunderbird, C Nightcralwer. Juggs carried Chuck up, but it was too close and Sabretooth got launched out to eat him alive while Nightcralwer got shot to death. Unfortunately after that my dice abandoned me and I could only chip away at Thunderbird and kept missing Juggs while he ran roughshod over me. Sabretooth managed to land one last good hit and KO Thunderbird, then Juggs ran him over and I was left with last click Jean and Sunfire. I did manage to get two Pulse Waves off, but he killed Jean and Sunfire missed his only opportunity to Crit Hit Juggernaut to death before getting flattened.

Round 3 vs chase Magneto, U Storm, Scalphunter. Storm missed an opening Energy Explosian and Krakoa tagged her for it, then Sunfire got a buff and finished her off, and Sabretooth got launched across the map to slash Scalphunter with a 6 damage blades. Mags tried to throw metal at Sabretooth but only hit once, Crit missing the second time and missing the standard attack. I TKd my now Flurry/Blades Sabretooth next to Mags and managed to knock him to last click, where Sunfire let loose a nova blast to KO him.

I got fifth place but still got a Nemesis, so I'm happy, then grabbed two more boosters for that Excalibur Juggs and another Sunfire, but most importantly two Brood.

I'm unsure of this set in sealed, it seems like you can do well but the SRs really imbalance things; the top four teams all had SRs while the bottom four did not (with the exception of chase Mags guy, whose dice just hated him and he went 0-3, despite being an excellent player). The winner had Proteus who was apparently eating people alive, followed by Rogue with her bananas versatility, Beast's mega-Outwit, and Phoenix prime just annihilating people and never dying.

Whatever, I'll get the few characters I care about, build up a giant Brood army, and focus on my Turtles until the next set of that comes out. Well, and running a giant Marauders team with Morand's Sinister at the first opportunity.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sometimes what I can accomplish when I put my mind to it scares me:

I can't wait for the 300 point "no ranged attacks" game in two weeks 😁

Anybody notice how lacking the keywords have been of late? For whatever reason, Slash doesn't have the Animal keyword, and then X-Men has Sugar Man, Cameron Hodge, and two generics but no Genosha keyword (and honestly other people like Magneto, Emma Frost, and Wolfsbane could and should just as easily have it), no Mystical on Hodge and the perpetual lack of a Phalanx keyword, no Sunfire with AIM or Horsemen, the odd distinction between X-Men and All New X-Men, and drat just give me some Nast Boys already.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 30, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm shocked that Nitro is nowhere to be found, I figured he'd be a shoe-in.

The structure and prizing of this event is super hosed, especially since the bricks remain as expensive as ever for an OP set. Rather than people paying $17 for a single Battle Royale game, I talked with the shop and players and we've decided to do four months of regular sealed at $30 with a booster of civil war and another of player choice, then a month five constructed using just civil war figures. Sucks that there aren't even enough provided maps to do this for the first few months and we've gotta pitch hit some, or that the WIN isn't structured to setup and record BRs at all.

It also kinda sucks that there's no love shown for judges this time around; I hate saying this cause I feel like I'm being entitled, and while I'm happy to put in time and effort to ensure the players are having a good time, it's nice to get something considering I have to recuse myself from participating.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I opted for single boosters for WF and it was a poor decision; I could've gotten a CUR and the SRs I wanted, had enough to get a chase and one of the lower rarity primes and still spent less money. Either go straight singles or buy a sealed case, but the latter only if you can get a deal as was said; I'll buy fast forces and started from my local places but even with discounts I can't justify $110-130 for a brick when I could get it for $90ish online.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So I'm going out to a WKO this Saturday; I've not played in a non-sealed competitive tournament in years, what's good in the current meta? It's before retirement so is Super Skrull/Orange Battery still a viable play? I don't have any KC chases though I could probably borrow one or two.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Something like this?

Do you think there's any potential to a Krang/Juston team?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My buddy came up with this build; at this point we're just slapping together any meta pieces we can think of and hoping for the best I think.

Seems like it has potential; I kind of want to switch the Robot for Atom so I don't get boned if somebody punches Fury, then I can use a better construct than the Bulldozer or add an ID card.

In other news, I had the most frustrating tournament in recent memory tonight when my 50-50 DC/Marvel team of Juggernaut, Black Tom, Captain Cold, and Trickster went 0-3 (technically 1-2 but I had a buy and got trounced in it); every attack made by Juggernaut when running through people missed by 1, even with Perplex. Every. Single. One. The only time he landed a punch was in the third game, after TT Deathstroke had knocked off his helmet and I managed to just pop him in the face, beyond that it's like Cain was daintily tip-toeing around people instead of running them over. For as much as I love Juggernaut, this was real disappointing.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Who is Proteus attached to in this build? I ask because he can only be equipped to characters 100 points or less. Nick Fury is too many points for him.

Apparently nobody since neither of us caught that haha

You can accomplish the same thing with Adara on Fury instead of Proteus, opening up points for Atom, or a better third construct and some ID cards.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 11, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I like that team a lot, I may just push the battery to switch the net for the Spotlight if I see Nick across from me.

Also came up with this, more as a denial team than an alpha strike, and kind of susceptible to alpha strikes itself:

Greed w/Ophidian & Omega Drive
Super Skrull w/Greed Relic
Orange Battery with constructs

Use the battery and Ophidian's Outwit to shut off two things per turn, Skrull does Skrull things, Greed MC's to help the opponent beat himself senseless. Not really fancy but can hopefully stall an opponent long enough for Skrull to take them out one by one.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got my UXM brick in, too, and pulled an extra Dark Angel and Malice if anyone has Iceman and Sinister or Quicksilver they want to trade 😁

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So I ran Torrent's team, I cocked up a bit and forgot the actual net construct so I had to use the spotlight anyway; it worked out fine because I could use the Axe in lieu of the mallet and upgrade it a little faster.

Round 1 vs UXM Mystique, TW Luthor, full round table. I spent my time dancing Mxy and dropping constructs, he was being a dingus and dancing in the center of the map for no good reason. On turn 4 Mxy was clear, I had four Perplexes at my disposal and both of his figures were just close enough to Pulse Wave both, locking them down so that Atom and Kyle could go plot down next to Luthor. Apparently he thought Kyle was Simon Baz for some reason and had never read Mxy's card so he was taken aback that I could see his figures and damage them. Next turn Kyle and a shrunken Atom got rid of Luthor, while Mystique got another set of tokens. She managed to back herself into a corner where I surrounded her, and from which she couldn't Sidestep without still being adjacent to Kyle, and she didn't last another turn. He never had a chance to call in a single figure.

Round 2 vs Balls of Fury w/Ophidian, Harlequin, Ultron Drone (the one that turns giant), Phoenix Force on Fury & Harlequin. I dropped constructs, he overextended to kill Atom and plopped Ultron next to Fury, so I used Energy Explosion then Support from the battery to mitigate the Mystics I took from Fury. He Sidestepped up and shot Kyle to his stop click, then got TK'd back, so I used some Perplexes to jump forward, Duo attack Fury to death, then Outwit Harlequin's Sidestep. Mxy ran up and tokened her while Kyle cleared and moved back for another Support, and eventually Harlequin moved close enough for Kyle to blast, using Mxy's loaded 2 to ensure her KC roll didn't stick for a win.

Round 3 vs Alpha Sentinel, Spiderbot, Phoenix Force, Iron Man & Superman id cards. This one was tougher; he had Magik on the Sentinel and perpetually chose Colossus so it always had Mystics and Invulnerable. After the first few turns of dancing, he took a shot on Atom and missed, so I had Mxy Pulse Wave to push it and then Atom leapt forward and walloped the Sentinel for 2, KO'd the spiderbot in the process. He opted to clear so i used my three Perplexes to boost Kyle to a 6 damage and zapped it for 4 to stick. He began retreating so I followed, and he made the mistake of generating a 50 point Sentinel to tie me up and then summoning Phoenixbuster Iron Man, who crit missed his attack on Mxy. Kyle made short work of the smaller Sentinel and he spent the rest of the match attempting to outrun me, but when time was called that Sentinel meant I was ahead on points rather than the tie it would've been had he only used the id card. I also won a premium map this round, which was cool because I otherwise wouldn't spend $25 on one of these things, though they are nice.

Round 4 vs Nighthawk Prime, KC Spectre, Mxy, Orange Battery. This match was really determined by the Mxys and my own forgetfulness. He moved Spectre and Mxy off to one side and left Nighthawk by the battery, so I ran my Kyle and Mxy up the other side. He took a shot at Kyle and made it past Shape Change/Super Senses to get me on my stop click, from where I was able to Duo attack to KO Nighthawk after using Mxy's die to force his Shape Change to miss but flubbed the shot on his Mxy. Spectre took another shot and I missed Shape Change, completely forgetting about the Emotion trait on the Battery, knocking Kyle to last click. He shut off Running Shot and moved up his Mxy, and I could only just add a die to mine, a 1. This was good in that he could only manage to hit Kyle with Mxy if he rolled a crit hit, since I could turn anything other than that into a miss. Unfortunately, he opted to roll for his Mxy and got a 6, so there was virtually nothing I could except hope that he royally flubbed the shot when it came. Sadly he didn't, so I was left with a lone Mxy to fend off his counterpart and Mxy. Through creative use of pulse wave, the Bulldozer construct, and Barrier from my 14 square Battery, and the fact that Spectre had used Colossal Stamina to shoot Kyle a few times, I still managed to knock Spectre down to last click before missing a Pulse Wave, letting him escape back to his battery to heal just as time was called.

That team worked like gangbusters, and had I recalled that I could've rerolled that missed Shape Change, that last match may have gone differently, but it was a blast nonetheless and I'm glad to have done as well as I did and get some cool swag. Thanks for the team, Torrent!

I had some figures with me so I was able to trade them for a booster to a Battle Royale. This place seriously needs to get its loving act together with how these are run; at the last WKO they didn't time them, this time they're still not timed and instead of a booster draft, you just use whatever is inside your booster as your team. With UXM. One guy at our table was only just over 200 points, while another was over 400. We were stuck on the indoor Battle Royale map, which sucked for everybody as there's so little improved movement or even flight in this set, except for the guy who pulled SR Iceman, Emma Frost, and C Storm, because what Iceman needs is to be able to KO two figures every turn by getting his damage Perplexed up. I actually slowly managed to whittle away his team and chip at Iceman between Malice, Scrambler, and Stonewall, but when one guy only had Vertigo left, he ran over to Iceman on his Regen clicks and probbed a 1 into a 6, putting him back on top click. At that point any mobility or TK on any of the other teams was gone so we just went until all but Stonewall and Iceman were dead and called it a draw. The guy with Iceman was more interested in KC Hawkman so I nabbed Iceman and some Brood; a happy end to a frustrating 90 minutes.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand I say team 1, chances are Quicksilver will get used again, especially with Witch on Avengers teams for Cap's Kooky Quartet.

There were at least three Mystique teams on Saturday, one of which was three of her and something else with ID cards. None of them made it to the top 8 as they all got wiped the instant somebody had a Pulse Wave sitting across from them. The actual top two came down to the Sentinel team I played in round 3, and TW Superman with Parallax and a yellow battery, the latter of which would up taking it due to good Leadership rolls and poor Sentinel dial rolls.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Tonight was 300 points close combat only, line of fire only mattered for Giant Reach and support powers could only work on oneself (Perplex, Prob, etc). I went with the chase Turtles.

Round 1 vs Trigon: lacking an opening Charge really gimped him; aside from a few lucky Shape Change rolls he didn't have much keeping him at bay from the onslaught. He managed to ding Raph for 3 and Mike took a crit miss, but the boys cut the demon lord down to size fairly handily.

Round 2 vs Hulkbuster MkII: he moved up and his dos his Quake, tagging all but Don for 1 thanks to Precision Strike, but after that I didn't miss a single attack and in about 5 minutes the colossal was dead. Tony proved harder to pin down as he ran across the map but lacking Indom hurts and I caught up eventually for a KO.

Round 3 vs Sloth, Iron Nail w/Proselyte and sloth relic, red ring and pym particles. This one was rough; I was able to run in and KO Sloth with Don, Raph, and Leo (since I couldn't use Raph's Flurry thanks to Sloth) though I foolishly forgot about their Trait which would've allowed me to attack Nail as it isn't an action of any kind. I then spent a very long time chasing Sloth-Prosel-Nail around a small area, whittling him down just for him to Steal Energy away the damage because I had to waste turns removing the negative modifier tokens. At one point he was down to Toughness but I opted not to attack in favor of having hopefully not a -3 to the attack roll, but he killed Raph and I never got him that low again. Even getting the Red Ring didn't help as he could just sit still doing nothing and he'd both heal from the sloth relic and give me stat reductions I'd have to waste turns removing. Eventually he got all my turtles and that godawful match finally finished.

The chases are a blast and I look forward to using them again, their efficiency for the points is staggering and I can only imagine they chew through groups just as well as tentpoles.

I also played one for fun game against Trigon using the four Nickelodeon turtles and the half dial Turtle Van. That was a closer game as they lack Indom and I could never make Leadership, but it was the pizza dial that saved my buns, letting me heal back the Mystics damage or giving me a defense bonus. It's harder to get to trigger than I expected, I imagine knowing the dial layout and probability of rolls will make a big difference in which turtles you choose at which times. I was usually going for Leo because I always wanted to make sure I had leadership, even if I couldn't actually succeed at it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

You could always drop Casey and throw Nobody on; that guy is a little bastard who can easily beat the holy hell out of somebody way outside his weight class as long as you've got walls nearby (like that Yugioh maze map), which shouldn't be a problem with a +8 map roll.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I need that Punisher Van set in my life. I love how offensive the Van is, just a constant engine of destruction until Punisher leaps away and it explodes, while those weapons make any Punisher a death dealing monster. Even the Hulk set ones get new life thanks to this stuff, I need it so much.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I've been trying to figure out the best pilot for the Turtle Van since I got it; I don't like giving up Turtles, Casey is too drat good to have him hiding inside it, and Outwit is too precious to use April. But then I realized that Splinter is a perfect pilot; high attack with Precision Strike so using the van to attack is always a worthwhile option, and Leadership for the rest of the time, making up for Splinter's lacking point value by giving Leadership to the highest point TMNT Ally.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Congrats Morand, good luck going forward! I'm envious of y'all getting to do BRs, those were the most fun HeroClix games I had at Gencon.

I'm crazy in love with the new Stilt-Man on display there, I only hope the legs of the old one are compatible with this guy.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

:cry:

They cut to top 8 this year.

I was 16th

Ah that sucks, sorry dude. Was it announced they were doing that or did they just kind of let everyone know after the fact?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Andy, did you by chance need any previous years' ATAs or have an interest in trading/selling that extra set?

We had our first Civil War this week; there's only 8 regulars so we each got to buy two boosters, build a 300 point team and then run two BRs. I lucked the gently caress out and got Atlas and Taskmaster so I could do the endless Taskmaster trick, rounding it out with Microbe and Patriot.

Patriot did exactly jack poo poo, never making a Leadership for me, missing the one attack he made in either round, and both times got 1-hit KO'd. Microbe is worth his weight in gold, Traited Outwit that gave -1 defense for an entire round meant that people were happy to let him live as long as I wasn't targeting them as they had an easier time KOing the figures he was countering. When the 11 attack Support clicks showed up though he became target #1 and went down fast.

Atlas was superb, that Thunderbolts trait is ridiculous as I never kept more than one action token on him in either game, and at one point I managed a Quake that hit 11 people, KOing three thanks to knockback. The original Thunderbolts trio from this set were my top wants and so far this one doesn't disappoint. Tasky is as abusable and silly as he looks, a walking engine of destruction when allowed to act every turn sans consequence thanks to Masters of Evil, he personally KO'd three figures and wounded several others. That his second trait just needs the opposing adjacent figure to have a higher value but doesn't specify printed means he was often rocking an 11 attack thanks to the Perplex in this set, or 19 defense if I stayed on click 1 and used his own Perplex. Still miffed he doesn't have Agency X but it's a minor complaint for how good he is.

As for other figures, I was incredibly surprised by Cobalt Man, that guy's a little rear end in a top hat with his tricky Pulse Wave and pink powers. Stature is an absolute monster in this sealed and 1-hit KO'd every single figure she attacked, even when she was on click 6. Speaking of, 8 clicks for 80 points and she can reliably dish out a 10 attack 3 damage or better on every single one; the gently caress?

I wound up scoring like fourth or something, but I won fellowship and got a Punisher, who looks terrifically trolly if not terribly Punisher-y.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 23, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So after many years we're finally getting a new Carnage: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/044-Carnage.jpg

:stare: He's a goddam monster is what he is; 100 points for a full dial of Blades, Plasticity, Shape Change, no attack under 10, who will never get an action token and constantly heal as long as he's hitting things. Deliciously gross

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I somehow missed Speed Demon and Boomerang yesterday: http://heroclix.com/marvel-heroclix.../#axzz4DCe9P9IU

A good budget option for SD, and for 5 points more than Quicksilver he picks up Indom and an ESD he should get 2/3rds of the time, at the expense of his HSS Flurry getting buried at the end.

Boomerang is a good leader/ranged attacker, and with MoE and his Leadership ability there's no reason he shouldn't be doing something almost always. I'm confused why he doesn't have some kind of "boomerang" power like the LE Captain Boomerang, they nailed that power so well I expected them to just reuse it.

I love the variety on their traits, so they depending on what you need with a proper Superior Foes team you can thus far give somebody Precision Strike, Prob, or pseudo-Incap.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yeah, sadly he couldn't attack her, it's really frustrating. He could still Poison her, at least.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm assuming it was altered to remain consistent with how Sidestep was ruled for her; since the character didn't start the turn adjacent to her and therefore cannot attack her, but it really shouldn't be so impossible to hit her. I used her today on a Spy team and she ran roughshod over the healers and soft targets, breaking formations without concern and KO'd four figures without ever making an attack.

I love Mystique but having played and too often seen her loaded with Entity or Ion to provide Healing/Prob or TK/Outwit that I can do virtually nothing about and it's left a sour taste, I'll stick with the DoFP one.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

This Tuesday I've got a game where everybody can use Shape Change, what are some figures that gently caress with or rely upon it?

So far I've got:

Galius Zed Black Lantern
LE Captain Britain
BL Batman
Wrath relic

I felt like there were more but I'm drawing a blank. Also taking suggestions on good figures with Battle Fury.

• Locked thread