Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Played on Thursday for likely the last time as I need to cut back on the time I play a bit.

It was 700 points must have all DC or all Marvel pieces and resources

I ran Gotham Underworld cause I wanted to play Lex and Joker and Harlequin.

Team was

Lex and Joker
AO Deadshot
AO Firefly
Harlequin
2 Joker Thugs
1 Hired Henchman

Round 1 versus

Quinjet
Quinjet resource
Jarvis
AVAS Iron Man at full
AVAS Thor and cap at their lower values
Manifold
10 ID cards.

Lex and Joker murdered this team. We played on a chaos war map I think? It was outdoors with blocking and hindering, best I can do. I went first and did a ton of sidesteps into hindering terrain. He had manifold carry his whole team and cap pilot the jet. Lex sidestepped into range, firefly also moved up for enhancement carrying Deadshot. Deadshot copied bat enemy and lex and joker perplexed their damage to 5, did 6 to Manifold, KOing him and hurting Thor. Lex and joker outwit and the Jack in the box KO's Thor. He summoned triathalon who KO'd firefly. Iron man did a RS on lex and joker but I shrugged it off to a thug. Iron man went down to lex and joker next turn. Quinjet alone couldn't stand against me. Deadshot finished off Cap when he popped out for bonus points.

Round 2 versus
Yellow Battery with Wall, Nurse, Decoy, net?
Parallax (Hal)
Parallax (Kyle)
Mongol

Played on the same map as round 1. Only thing that saved me was lex and joker being completely immune to the yellow battery since their values can't be decreased. I also spread out as much Bat Enemy as I could to try and keep attacks high. I did lose harlequin early to shots from both Parallaxes. Lex and Joker able to constantly psyblast for 5 was the difference maker though and I wore down his big dogs. Mongol fell first without making any attacks as he was outwittable.

Round 3 versus
Green Battery with decoy, net, other constructs I'm forgetting.
KC Shazam
Black Lantern Zoom
Mr Myxyzptlk
Kyle Raynor

Green Battery neuters Lex and Joker pretty hard. I had to slow down and prioritize my strikes since double sidestep and duo weren't options. I picked the same map with the lots of hindering and blocking. It slowed him down enough for me to focus fire and weaken his Shazam and Supergirl. He came right for me and hit a bunch with his punchers. KC fell to Lex and Joker, Supergirl to an end dial Harlequin. Zoom punched one of my goons but left himself in range and LOF of lex, outwitted his HSS and managed to hit for 5. He moved to base my goons and Kyle missed an easy shot. Zoom died, and Kyle got focused fired. When it was just the imp he conceded.

Lex and Joker are awesome and those cheap goons coming out in dawn of Justice are going to make them even more insane. I was gonna play this in a 700 point event on Sunday but I pulled a prime Superman and now I want to try him out for fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

The Ivy-controlled one? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. I played him in a casual game where he carried around Mister Mind, and did... okay. For 100 points, he's not bad, and the keyword thing is neat.

That's the one. He's a pretty solid 100 points

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Yesterday was a 700 point Silver Age game with no entities, no resources, but you could have as many special objects as you wanted on your force and it only took a power action to pick any of them up. The second I saw that I thought "well, I'm playing Mr. Nobody", but then I thought for a few more seconds and remembered that Mr. Nobody is terrible and Winter Soldier Nick Fury does the same thing and built a team around him instead. As it turns out, though, that setup was so obviously exploitable that everyone either built to exploit it, troll it, or shut it down altogether and nobody actually brought objects.

I played the Unlikely Avengers:

CATWS Nick Fury
NFAOS Namor
AAOU Hawkeye
AVAS Jarvis
AVAS Starbrand
con ex Dr. Strange

and Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Katana, Blue Beetle, and Red Tornado as their ID cards. Because I thought it was funnier that way.

Round 1 was against a guy who might've been the guy who keeps bringing the cheese teams? I don't know, I don't know him. I know that guy was there though. I honestly have forgotten what he played. Morand probably remembers, he's good at remembering that poo poo. I killed his entire force without losing a piece or using an ID, I know that.

Anyway I went 3-0 and won White Lantern Martian Manhunter, which was by far the WL I wanted the most. Yay!

If it was the same dude he was running Gluttony, Zombie Magneto, Zombie Rhino, Op Kit Speedy, a star lab tech, Phoenix force on a bunch of dudes and more more junk. It was a bunch of poo poo he read was good but had no idea how to play it. I was running a secret society team and took him down without losing anything. Omega drive was awesome.

I did run Ivy superman and he was pretty solid. Granted I had him holding Mjolnir most games but that's an amazing 100 points even without Mjolnir.

Today was 400 points have a non-generic theme. You can use a resource if you can prove that it was used by the team in the comics.

I decided I was running lex and joker again because they are fun to play and those 20 point goons from Dawn of Justice were calling my name (I now have 5 of them)

I did

Lex and Joker at 200
Hired Henchman at 40
3 Henchmen's Goons at 60
Prime Harlequin at 90
Penguin Resource dial at 10

Penguin was there just to give Harlequin ESD. Goal was to have her make as few real attacks as possible and lean on her Jack-in-the-box.

Round 1 versus
KC Green Lantern
White Lantern Martian Manhunter
WF Batman
Justice League teleporter with Red Tornado, Flash, katana and someone else.

This was a very new player. In his own words he saw all my sidestep and panicked. I won map roll and chose the AOU map with the statue and open air because he had it and I had forgotten my map bag. I sidestepped up my whole team into the little bit of hindering I had and passed. He moved Green Lantern down and had Manhunter carry Batman. I did sidestep shenanigans and took a duo shot on Lantern with lex and joker but missed both. He did a RS with Lantern and killed a goon, batman moved down and Manhunter cleared. I duo'd lantern again and hit my second attack which with enhancement put him on click 4. Harlequin then finished off GL with a psyblast. He then rolled for an inspiration on Manhunter and got tornado which gave him TK, he TK'd batman back and out of hindering because reasons? I cleared, as did he. Lex and joker killed batman. Manhunter hit a goon but then I based him and just beat him to death with duo attacks and Jack in the boxes.

Round 2 versus the legion of super pets.

This was against Andy! He can do the rundown of his team. In a nutshell he could not deal with my double outwit and I aggressively targeted any of his pieces with precision strike as that is my whole teams Kryptonite.

Round 3 versus Secret Society

Vandal Savage at 160
Mallah and the Brain
Wizard
Crazy Quilt

I won map and chose arcades arena. He turtled a bit in a corner and I resigned myself to having to bait him out and potentially eating a bad EE. He charged with vandal first though and hit a goon who sensed out of it. Makkah then didn't EE as he'd be hitting savage too and KO'd a goon. Lex sidestepped and outwitted vandal's defense. Duo'd and hit the first attack but had to burn 3 theme probs to do it, no more savage. Missed Mallah but outwitted his leadership. He popped out brain and took a shot on harlequin but I KC'd it. Lex and joker hit Mallah for 6 on the second strike of a duo attack and knocked them way out of range. A Jack in the box got the brain. Crazy quilt who had chosen psyblast blue as his color MC'd harlequin to shoot a goon who sensed out of it. A Jack in the box then KO'd quilt. The team chased down wizard and got him and harlequin actually made an attack to finish Mallah off, rolled a 1 on penguin to give my opponent 50 extra points.

3-0, won the event on points as the only other 3-0 had a bye in the first round. Lex and Joker are hilariously good with the new trend towards cheaper goons. Love playing them.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 800 points must have either a giant or colossal on your force.

I have a supreme intelligence that has been sitting on a shelf ever since I bought it so I had to bring it out.

I did the Kree

Supreme Intelligence at 250
Ronan the Accuser from GOTG
Dr. Minerva
4 Kree Privates
2 Kree Lieutenants
1 Kree General
Wonder Woman ID with KC on her cheap line

I kinda expected everyone to bring green batteries or white witches so I figured a colossal without multi attack was the way to go.

Round 1 versus Scientists
FF Giganta
The +2 perplex Reed Richards
The Steel that hurts robots
300 Point Superman from the Superman set
LOD FF Lex
50 point Iron Man

I think that was it. I won Map and chose Odym. It was nice and wide open. I did early positioning and my opponent came right for me, relying on all his perplex to keep defenses high. I had oodles of outwit though and took most of it away. Minerva charged Giganta and hit so now everyone had invulnerability. That was game breaking. I did lose a private to some focused fire but everything was too tough tough for him to handle, especially after supreme intelligence did 6 to Superman. Team fell as Supreme just picked them off one by one.

Round 2 versus Justice League

Mary Marvel
Worlds Finest Duo
Deadman
Mera
Divine Aura Wonder Woman
Superman and Batman Robot at 25
Utility Belt on Mary
Violet Lantern
JL ATA on all that gives a conditional +1 defense

I Haaaaate the worlds finest duo so much. I won map and used the other side of the Odym map with the big green lantern and 0 hindering. I mostly sidestepped my first turn and positioned. He moved out his squad into my range with the exception of the big robot. I thought about taking an Omni wave shot at it but after reading his card and seeing that just attacking the drat thing would be enough for the retaliation to trigger I decided to outwit a bunch and take a shot on the duo, which hit for 3 after invincible. Ronan tried to follow up but missed after he burned some theme probs pushing Mary marvel (I'd countered her prob) and worlds finest. He TK'd Wonder Woman next to a private and she made him go away. He then fired off his retaliation going for my intelligence. I had to burn 4 theme probs but it was enough to make him miss. One outwit from Minerva and shot from a lieutenant that was the end of the colossal. I moved a private next to worlds finest to prevent ranged stuff. Kept his hypersonic countered as well as movement. He killed my private with the duo. Worlds finest fell next turn to a duo of intelligence and Ronan. He then got in my grill and Minerva hit Mary to steal prob for my whole force. Then Mary was KO'd and he really lost his best offense. Wonder Woman wasn't enough to do it alone.

Round 3 versus the Sinestro corps.

Old School Colossal Sinestro
Lyssa Drax
Mongul
Corps Recruit
Tomar Tu?
Bedovian

I think that was it. I won map and tossed us on Odym again. First turn I moved up a bit. I kinda thought I'd be eating a multi attack move and shoot from the old colossal but he just moved up and didn't multi attack. I was able to perplex up Minerva's movement and charge Mongul. We burned all the theme prob we could on this as he did not want me to hit and I really did. Finally it came down to an impervious roll and he missed. Impervious for all! Then he shot Minerva to death as I didn't make a single roll. Her damage was done though and the big Sinestro had to come into Supreme's range to do it. He took 6 clicks for his trouble and then the privates took him down. He has some ridiculously bad clicks at the end of his dial. Mongul fell to ronin and that was basically it. He didn't have enough offense to chew through all my impervious and I had too much outwit with Supreme.

Ended up 3-0, really ended up liking the intelligence overall. I also forgot how absolutely rock solid Ronan is. Supreme was the hammer but Ronan was a solid attacker in his own right. Supermen robots were the most popular colossal with Sinestro being the funniest.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

TMNT preview: Casey Jones!

That dial would be a steal at 50 points. He costs 30.

Oh my god I am in love :love:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

Fuckity ding dong, WizKids. Two years without a proper revised rulebook, especially when you're making changes like equipped items and the size changes? :drat:

Yeah, basically at this point the only way to learn this game is get a time machine and start playing 5 years ago.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I know we usually mock the realms fairly relentlessly but there is one article I've found shockingly useful. "Rules Recap".
It's just a copy past of all postings made on the WES that week, but it's so much easier then going through their forum.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

That's all the entities, Copycat, Nimrod, and the DoFP Sentinels all getting rotated out with two months to go.

That noise you're hearing today is the sound of literally everyone's Worlds teams going up in flames.

That sound you hear is me squealing in delight cause things got 100% more interesting

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Yesterday was a super odd event. You could buy 2 boosters and build a 350 point team or you could build a 400 point team with any resource but nobody on your force could be over 100 points. I asked if this applied to sideboard pieces as well and was told that it didn't and they could be over 100.

So I ran the robots and the roundtable.

Ultron 8 X 3
Ultron 1 X 2
Ultron 14 X 2
AOU Ultron
Future Ultron
Phalanx Uktron
Ultron 6? (The drone that can walk through walls)
Superman/Batman Robot at 25
JL Teleporter with Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Shang-Chi, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Shield Level 7

Sideboard of

Assassin Nick Fury at 120
200 point Divine Aura WW
Prime Captain Marvel
Prize Support Canary
DP Shang-Chi
D20 Strange

Basically a mix of pieces I can call in as needed with 2 in reserve in case I ever hit power 3.

The strategy can be described as "Drown you in inspired robots". Every card on the round table provides both an incredibly useful inspiration as well as a solid attacker in their own right, once I hit power 2 I alternate between WW and strange until I hit #3 and pull in more fighters. I never came close to power 3 though.

Round 1 versus Doom Patrol

All the new doom patrol from WF with Robot Man and Elasti girl at their lower values.

I played against a guy who has been playing for a long while but has a hard time remembering what his figures can do and has a bad habit of asking his opponent what he should do. He didn't have nearly enough offense to chew through my bots, especially with 2 bring them back rolls a turn and I just wore him down. Never got off a retaliation as I forgot I could.

Round 2 versus Andy's Metropolis

President Luthor from the Fast Forces? The one who on leadership grants sidestep
Shifting Focus Superman
BM Black Lightning
Star Lab Technician
Booster Gold
25 point Bizarro
Lois Lane that has the stop click

I won map and stuck us on hanks lab from AOU. This was a positioning game early, with Lex hitting his leadership and Andy sidestepping up his team and me doing the same. After about 2 rounds of positioning I was able to pop out Nick in such a way that he was adjacent to 3 robots. With his inspiration this boosted his range to 12 and I got off a big 6 damage strike on superman that put him last click and basically out of the game. I then used some expendable bots to block LOF. He moved down lex to outwit invuln on a blocker and took a shot with booster to KO it. He then tried to TK out black lightning to do a RS but didn't realize that the starting area of that map is bisected by a wall and Black Lightning and the tech were on other sides of it. He was forced to walk down black lightning. I remembered to do a colossal retaliation and hit lex and booster for 2. Called in captain Marvel to try to RS/EE his lightning and friends. I missed after a theme prob from Andy. Lex hit leadership and took a token off lightning. Lex tried to outwit defenses on one of my robots but it had Power Cosmic thanks to the Captain. He then tried to hit a robot which had a 19 defense because of Captain Marvel. First roll was a 7 and he proceeded to burn all theme probs to try and hit but could not. That was basically game. Bizarro fell to Shang chi who gave no fucks about senses. I did lose my giant robot who based shifting focus to try to stop him from being healed. Shifting focus got healed top click and turned into lazer eyes superman but it was too late. I'd hit special power 2 and gave the whole force charge. All the robots hit everything and they all were KO'd.

Round 3 versus Avengers

FCBD Iron Man
FCBD Cap
AVAS Hawkeye
Jarvis
Ant-Man at 100
Hulk, Thor, and a third ID card I forget.

I managed to summon Nick twice this game as a parachute click of an empty slot came up. Each time he oneshot iron man and cap respectively. Hawkeye hurt a drone and then my retaliation hit. Shang-Chi was summoned and be and 2 drones took out ant man. Jarvis made a go of it, but without avengers next to him he couldn't last.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

That Krang is amazing. The 80's turtles better be equally amazing.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I think the lack of split merge matrix and the WIN forums specifically ruling that you need that matrix to split or merge is the biggest death knell of split and merge more then a movie figure not having a real name.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 500 points anything goes, no build restrictions on resources or whatever.

I was gonna do the Doom Patrol but I couldn't get my hands on a beast boy.

So I looked at some figures I've never played and decided to do something with Metallo. Injustice League it was!

I did:

Metallo
OP Kit President Luthor
Flash FF Mirror Master
Toyman with an attached Superman Action Figure
4 Superman Action Figures

Basic Strategy was to turn Metallo into a tiny unhittable God. Plus one to his stats via his trait, plus one D from Luthor and if I'm not out of range or doing something else with it, plus one more D from Toymans perplex. Lex would do his best to fast track to click 3, and Toyman to click 2. With 5 leaderships action management is a game of how many extra actions do I have this turn again?

Round 1 versus the Universal Church of Truth.

Magus
Cardinal Raker
3 other Cardinals

I won Map Roll and tossed us on the OA map that has the big statue of Guy.

First round was positioning, I had mirror master move up carrying all the toys and Metallo. He walked down all his guys into a nice line in front of the statue. I pushed lex and toyman and cleared the rest. He also cleared. I then bumped Metallo up to a 21 and parked him right in front of magus, a cardinal, and Raker. The toys just behind. He took a shot with Magus and Raker but missed, his Cardinal with a 12 thanks to his CCE did hit. His other Cardinal based some toys. Next turn Metallo chose precision strike, I bountied Magus and hit him for 5. Toys then went charging in and even though he masterminded all away it was still enough to KO a Cardinal. Other toys did quite a bit of damage to the other Cardinal. Lex did a dance Toyman did a power boost to up all the toys defense. Magus with steal energy outwitted my invincible and took a shot on Metallo but I hit shape change. He tried to hit a toy but missed. Metallo then finished off Magus. Toys then killed his other cardinals. Raker did get a toy but Metallo then beat him to death.

Round 2 versus Soldiers

OP Kit Red Hulk
Weapon Swap Punisher
Dirk Anger
Agent May
The old FCBD War Machine?
Bucky

I won map and tossed us on Hank's Lab. Dirk was a bit of a butt since I couldn't roll leadership which actually hurt more then a little. I started off by moving everyone up with mirror master just before the first entrance to the middle. Lex and Toyman went around the side to do a slow dance. He clumped in hindering and moved May around to go after lex and toyman. Toyman ran back towards his toys and they used the free movement he grants to get lex some fodder for mastermind. Lex pushed. He perplexed his punisher and charged and KO'd a toy right at the entrance to my room, pushing him and then bizarrely moved red hulk next to them, also leaving him pushed and blocking the lanes for anyone else. Cue Metallo with a bounty assist beating Hulk to death over 2 turns with pure stats. May went after lex but his fodder protected him and he got to click 3. War Machine took a shot on Metallo and crit hit, doing 2 after invincible. Toys nailed punisher. Mirror master moved to be able to PC but it didn't matter since War Machine went from feast to famine as he crit missed. Toys went for war machine then and Metallo went to protect lex. Metallo took one from mastermind before then beating May to death. War machine fell to bountied toys. Dirk and Bucky each took a toy but once Metallo came over that was it for dirk and Bucky.

Round 3 versus Metropolis

WF FF Lex Luthor
WF FF Batman
Losh Bizarro at 75
WF FF Toymaster
BVS Target Exclusive Superman
Weapons Drop item

This was not a good matchup for me. Superman can play HSS games all day and I'm going to have a very hard time catching him. It didn't help that I also lost map roll and got tossed on the black mercy map. All the hindering! First few rounds were all positioning. He hit a few leaderships and did quite a bit of sidestepping. I counted his swing and realized he could get anywhere so I made sure that lex and toyman had mastermind fodder. It was just one toy which was a miscalculation. I basically stay back and pushed lex and toyman while refusing to commit. He ran Batman way down and outwitted Invincible on Metallo. Superman was TK'd and ran to smack Metallo with an ultra heavy but I hit Shape Change and he murdered a toy instead. I bountied batman and killed him with toys. Bizarro crept down, hit HSS and came in and punched lex who masterminded it to a toy. Cue superman follow up that KO'd a fodderless Toyman. That was not good. Metallo charged Bizarro and knocked off one click of life. He hit HSS and hit lex to make me KO another toy. Superman went for Mirror Master but I hit senses he ended up pushed in a corner. Lex and Toymaster ended up next to each other. Lex took away my prob. I had a toys run up and hit a bountied Toymaster to KO him. I then went ballsy and had mirror master move the whole team up including Lex so that he could be near his fodder. Bizarro did a sidestep RCE to KO yet another toy. 2 left. Lex chooses not to outwit Metallo which was smart because he was bountied and the toys were gonna hurt him if he did. I bountied Superman and declared a charge. Cue 6 theme re-rolls but I make it, and hit Superman for 3 after invincible, he ends up on HSS with a 10 attack. He breaks to hyper, hits my lex, yet another dead toy. His Lex tries to hit mirror master but misses. Metallo KO's him. Mirror master pushes to have Metallo base Superman, stays on PC. Bizarro KO's last toy, pushes. Superman clears. I clear and bounty him. He goes for HSS break, rolls a 3, I PC it and it's a 1. Metallo chooses precision and hits for 6 which becomes 4 when he misses impervious. Bizarro goes for Mirror Master and I hit senses again. I choose precision and superman is dead. Bizarro hits lex for 3, I mastermind it to mirror master. Metallo hits bizarro, he clears bizarro gets hit again and that is game.

Super close game, in hindsight I'm glad the doom patrol fell apart because superman would have clowned them.

Went 3-0 now I have a green arrow for his ID card.

Morand fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 11, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I couldn't make a sealed event because this is my wedding anniversary week and I'd rather not be divorced.

I did nab 2 gravity feeds though, total haul was 3 SR's and a chase and an almost full CUR.

To complete the set I need:

April
Monsterex
SR Leonardo
And every chase except Raphael

Didn't pull a kraut but immediately ebay'd one. I pulled so many foot soldiers and I am completely ok with it.

Worrisome things, only one Casey Jones between 2 packs and only one shredder. Didn't think I was gonna get one but he came out of the last pack of my last gravity feed.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I just played in a 400 point ninja turtles sealed event. It was buy 10 gravity feeds. I literally used every single figure I pulled on my team.

I had

2 50 point Donatello
50 point Michealangelo
50 point Raphael
50 point Leonardo
60 point nic toon Mikey
April O'Neil
Katana Foot Soldier
Sai Foot Soldier

Chain soldier on the sideline.

Ninja Turtle sealed is like going back in time to Indy sealed. It's simple clix. Who the gently caress cares about swing when there's no range or TK and like 1 flier. I went 3-0 with the above. Basically had 2 Donatello's move up and make a line with cartoon Mikey. With Mikey's perplex and April they all had 19's plus with 3 outwits I turned off anything I didn't like, if the turtles took damage they'd end up on CR and just get harder to hit.

That said if someone pulls a Krang they'll just wreck house, any attack power I want and outwit and prob? Yes please!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Big fan of Sabretooth and Wild Child. I wouldn't put him down as a Nick killer though, he still needs to manage to base him and not get shot to pieces with Nicks insane range.

That said on his own merits he's quite good, 12 attack regular BCF damage then pop of Wildchild for penetrating BCF. Or say gently caress all that and just flurry. Regeneration plus a healing factor. I like it a lot.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I got to do an X-Men pre-release. It was a 1 booster draft.

I ended up running:

SR Quicksilver
50 point Magneto
Stonewall
50 Point Nightcrawler
Time locked angel.

Round 1 I got the bye.

Round 2 I went against

Brood Queen
Stonewall
Time Locked Cyclops
Riptide
Morlock

Oh god my dice. The first half of the game I could not hit anything, I kept missing by one and switched die 4 times before getting a combo that worked. Thankfully my opponent also couldn't hit but he did have a blast force blasting my squishy guys with stonewall. He also got a ton of poisons in. Game went back and forth and in the end came down to his stonewall versus my stonewall and Nightcrawler. He could not miss and I managed to miss with a 12 on an 18. Finally Nightcrawler plinked him, he missed a big CCE on my stonewall and I KO'd him with a 5 damage CCE from my stonewall.

Round 3 versus

Iceman SR
John Greycrow
50 point Storm
Morlock
Marauder Sabretooth

Quicksilver ran roughshod this game. His speed shadow ability was key. Biggest move of he game was magneto singlehandedly crippling Sabretooth with a free action RS followed by a regular attack. It let quicksilver get the KO and keep moving to drop a speed shadow near the rest of his guys whole still hiding behind a wall. I took my lumps though, losing Nightcrawler and Stonewall. Quicksilver was too much though.

Ended up second place and walked out with a Dr. Nemesis. I'm very impressed with Quicksilver

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Started playtesting for worlds. The removal of Lantern batteries makes for a cooler experience but the lack of modern maps kinda messes thing up. One team I had high hopes in fell flat on its face against a matchup I am 100% certain I will see at worlds.

Frustrating but illuminating. Though the team will become viable once GOTG rolls out as its only the Zombies that clown it.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

This dearth of map variety is the big reason I wish they'd start putting them in Fast Forces again. Otherwise it's just the occasional OP kit and the starters that (almost) always sell out quickly. That's just not enough variety to really be able to strategize around. What was the team you ran up against?

Zombie Team Base

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

The Turtle Van dial is on the realms and it's just perfect. I want it so bad.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I played at a venue that did not get pre-release so I had a normal constructed game.

It was "What does that team ability do again?" 600 points, resources allowed. Your team must have at least 6 different printed Team Abilities.

I did the Avengers!

Con Dr. Strange (Mystics)
NFAOS Iron Man at 50 (Shield)
AOU Movie Hawkeye (Avengers Initiative)
AOU OP Set Captain America (Police)
UXM Quicksilver (Avengers/X-Men)
Jarvis (Avengers)
NFAOS Spider-Woman (Spider-Man)
Captain America's Motorcycle

Captain Marvel ID Card (Free)
Shield Level 7 ID Card (Free)
Bucky ID Card (Free)
Triathlon ID Card

I just wanted to play quicksilver and kept tinkering on the realms until I had enough TA's. Ended up with a fairly solid team IMHO, some prob, multiple attackers, multiple outwits and perplex.

Round 1 versus

AVX Scarlet witch on lower value
Civil War Ironman with his plus 5 trait
AOU Iron Fist
NFAOS Steve Rodgers
AVX Wolverine at 125?
Phoenix Force. Colossus assigned to Fist, Steve got Cyclops, Wolverine got Magik?

I won map and threw us on the new civil war map with lots of blocking and elevation. He was cautious, moving down on elevation and staying behind blocking as well. I also moved up with all my sidesteps. Cap jumped in his bike. He cleared as did I and rolled that everyone had a speed of 3. He was able to get a running shot off on My strange despite the lock but I hit senses. My whole team then opened up on him and knocked him silly. He moved down the rest of his force, and iron man hit spider woman but wolverine using some clever positioning got a charge off on quicksilver. Thankfully he missed. I called in nick with strange. Quicksilver took down cap and dropped a shadow near his guys. Nick with shield and perplex knocked wolverine silly and was then KO'd. Iron man ran back to the witch to be healed but the bike came up and did some damage before being KO'd. As soon as Hawkeye got on the roof that was game as he was attacking every round thanks to avengers assemble.

1-0

Round 2 versus

OP Green Lantern
OP Barry Flash
Worlds Finest Duo.
FF Captain Cold
A partial round table with Superman, Supergirl, power girl, and Wonder Woman. I tossed us on Hanks Lab so that Jarvis could tidy up. Early on he did barrier games while moving down, with some sidestep/perplex/shield shenanigans I was able to bust a wall and get a big shot on Lantern and Cold with Hawkeye. His flash came down and hit my Hawkeye to a senses click. Duo positioned. Busted his barrier with a pushing spider girl and took away senses on Flash, perplexed quicksilver to a 13 attack and KO'd flash. Duo came down and hit Hawkeye but I made senses. 2 turns in a row I hit Crimson band and managed to lock down the duo which basically let me get my guys in position to take him down. Cold fell just before the final blow and Green Lantern soon after.

Round 3 versus a whole bunch of cheap guys including a morphing jar and turtle, and FF president lex

Long story short, Hawkeye singlehandedly wrecked this team. I'd keep his range high and triple target all the guys. He'd always pick don't get an action token so I'd just keep doing this. Once turtle died quicksilver then came into play and that was the final nail but Hawkeye was the star.

3-0 and chose an ooze object as my prize because it looks hilarious.

Morand fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 29, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

numerrik posted:

Do we have a dedicated dice masters thread?

Thanks

Don't think so, go ahead and make one.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Colossal Retaliation and Mxyzptlk

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Something like this?

Do you think there's any potential to a Krang/Juston team?

Mxy doesn't help a Super Skrull as much as he helps some other figures since his take a click thing can't be re-rolled and you're usually picking invincible as his defense.

As for Krang/Juston? I'd say yes and no. Going against a tentpole/OMA you'd do super well, you can deliver an crippling strike as a colossal and do it twice. Against a swarmy team with multiple attackers? Less well, Krang tanks pretty quickly. 2 clicks in he's a 17 with invuln which isn't scaring anyone really. It really depends on what you face. A Nick Fury ID card call in will completely wreck your day.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

I like that team a lot, I may just push the battery to switch the net for the Spotlight if I see Nick across from me.

Also came up with this, more as a denial team than an alpha strike, and kind of susceptible to alpha strikes itself:

Greed w/Ophidian & Omega Drive
Super Skrull w/Greed Relic
Orange Battery with constructs

Use the battery and Ophidian's Outwit to shut off two things per turn, Skrull does Skrull things, Greed MC's to help the opponent beat himself senseless. Not really fancy but can hopefully stall an opponent long enough for Skrull to take them out one by one.

You are completely hosed if you go against a green battery or agent 13 though.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Mystique Tech was a bit of a surprise coming out of these events, she won in Jersey and Kentucky.

Different note. I'm playing in a game tonight. 600 points, Mutant Massacre. You need to have a non generic X theme. Excalibur, X-force, etc.

I'm taking this as a chance to run some new stuff, looking for advice.

Team 1.

UXM Emma Frost at 85 with her prime on the side
UXM 50 point Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, and Cyclops
Professor X 70 point version
SR Beast at 60
SR Iceman
Scarlet Witch

Team 2

Replace the Witch with Quicksilver.

Team 3

Drop Emma's 5 point trait and the Professor to use both Quicksilver and the Witch.

I'm pretty sure team 3 is "best" but I kinda feel like I may never use that professor and I have used the poo poo out of quicksilver.
Advice or comments or moments where the professor being amazing helped swing the game all welcome.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

What precisely is "Mystique Tech?"

Multiple Mystiques, all with entities and various batteries. A whole lot of no you can't target me but these ID cards I'm calling in can shoot you

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I ended up doing team 2. I am now completely sold on Professor X. He was absolutely clutch in all the games despite technically costing me the win in my last round, he was the MVP with a MC of Dark Phoenix and a big mental lock. Also never going back to this venue again. Out of 12 people 9 were played resources and other guys had loving feats on top of that :barf:

Round 1 against a kid so new I had to explain what action tokens were. Spent most of the game explaining everything. Like all new kids he rushed me and got picked apart. Nothing much to report.

Round 2 versus one of the dumb teams

Ultimates Magneto
House of M Magento with Fortitude
Xorn Magneto with Trick Shot
New cheap 50 point Magneto
Phoenix Force with I forget what shards.

I won map and chose the prison map because gently caress your TK. He moved down and I lost Beast. Professor X tossed a mental lock on the ultimate magneto to take away his imperv and quicksilver hit him right to his end dial and he ran. Knocked armor wars to a 16 defense and used iceman to prevent him from pulsing me. He rolled a couple doubles and got to an EE click with the force. Crit hit on an EE with xorn but knocked Professor X to his last and most insane click. Xorn fell to quicksilver and armor wars for swarmed. As time was called and he was on a hypersonic click he came down to try and hit me and I rolled shape change. He'd pushed ultimate magneto and he died. Other magneto couldn't even attack. Professor X MVP.

Round 3 versus

Dark Phoenix Cyclops
Beast at 100
Angel from DOFP?
50 Storm
Hope that can copy stuff.

Professor X the MVP again. Got a big MC on his Dark Phoenix and crippled his team. He had a hell of a time hitting me as with Storms smoke cloud and Emma I can get my defenses annoyingly high. As time was called on the last action he managed to hit and KO professor X giving him a win with 195 points to my 125. Would have gone to a roll off if he missed. Oh well gently caress it professor X was still completely worth it

Morand fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 17, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

They've reversed the ruling about Pulse Wave vs. Emotional Spectrum: Fear. The ruling is now that because you're not ignoring the Battery itself you DO get the -2 to attack.

Just in time to get retired in literally 2 weeks.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

Where is the latest pac to download? Am I being stupid? The one in the downloads section on the official website is from 2014 and its similar for hcrealms, am I just missing something obvious? My mate has one from the tmnt starter/board game thing but gently caress if I'm buying one of those.

Grab a civil war starter, it'll have what you need.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was "The Final Countdown". Build 3 300 point teams and play a different team each round.

I did the following

Team 1

Brood Queen X 3
Brood at 30

3 Brood's on the side.

Team 2
Krang with Robot ATA
Foot Soldier (Nunchuk) with Robot ATA
Shredder
Omega Drive

Team 3
AOA Magneto
DP Blink
FF Fitz @ 50
X-Men Blue ATA on everyone.

This was the original order I was gonna play them in but before round 1 my opponent declared he was going to play his best team against me so I decided to go with Krang and friends.

Round 1 versus X-Men

UXM Beast at 100
AOA Weapon X Chase
A 40 point Jean that just has TK
Pixie

He won map and threw us on one of the utopia maps. My opponent made a bad opening move, placing himself into Krangs range if he went colossal, I don't think he remembered colossals get a 3 square reach. Shedder walked down, outwitted the defense of beast. Krang got his damage robot perplexed and charged and smacked Beast for 7 after both Beast and Jean used theme probs to try and stop it. Beast was out. Krang took 2 and outwitted the movement power on Weapon X.

Pixie perplexed the damage on Weapon X. Jean pushed to TK weapon X next to shredder and he missed his attack by 1. Foot Soldier sidestepped next to shredder. Shredder rolled leadership but missed. Krang outwitted the defense on Weapon X and Nunchuk flurried hitting both attacks and KOing weapon X.

Pixie carried Jean and tried to go for Krang, but he outwitted her senses and chose steal energy and that was basically it. Jean alone wasn't going to do anything.

Round 2 versus

OP Kit Batman
Scarlet Spider
Bat Cowl as relic

I used the Broods. This was against a new kid and he did nothing wrong. I just got insanely lucky when a baby brood rolled a 10 and then 5 on its blades to OHKO Scarlet Spider with the action token push. Batman then got swarmed. He took down 3 babies but once a queen hit that was it for him.

Round 3 versus

Nightcrawler
Colossus
Wolverine
Storm
Kitty pride at 50
Thunderbird

I lost map and opponent chose the civil war outdoor map which has all the blocking for Magneto. Magneto was a complete monster, with his scrap tokens and Henry he was oneshotting anyone he hit. I did take 2 off a wolverine blades and that just made Magneto better. Blink did her fair share with her flurries, but it was the Magneto show. Really not much to talk about. Things came near Magneto, Magneto KO'd these things.

I ended up losing the event by 2 points though as round 1 and 2 were a little too under built.

Next week is 400 points nothing over 150

I am debating the following:

4 80's 50 points Turtles
80's Casey
80's Splinter
80's April
Turtle Van at 100

I may upgrade Raphael to the chase as that's the only one I own and drop the van to 60. Don't know how I'd fill that last 15 points though.

Morand fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 23, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So I have an extra AOA Magneto. Anyone interested in a trade? I'm looking for B&W Turtles.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

tragedyjones posted:

Which turtles?

Already made a trade on the realms. Sorry man.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Marvel.com has previews up for Punisher's van, Man-Spider, and Rocket and Groot.

I really like Man Spider. Charge/Flurry, get webbed, and now I can exploit you for free. All for only 100 points!

Groot's also neat with his ability to drop a pog with PC anytime he wants.

I can't read the card for Punisher's van or his weapons though.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I can read those weapons on my phone!

Some of them are strong as hell and they all have a new mechanic. Single Use. After you use their effect, they are KO'd. Also, punisher can equip them as a free action

Rocket Launcher gives 8 range 4 damage locked. Anyone adjacent to the target takes 3. Single use
Sniper rifle 10 range 2 damage precision strike against one dude. Single use
Riot shield is ESD and Toughness but if you take 3 or more damage its gone. Not single use
BFG 8 range 3 damage that is penetrating single use
First aid kit is support or regen single use
Surveillance device you and adjacent friendlies can use IT ELEVATION AND HINDERING if attacking a fig within 6. Not single use
Gatling Gun. 8 range 3 damage locked. After making an attack you can target an adjacent thing that's also on range and hasn't been targeted. You can repeat this as many times as you want. Single use.

Morand fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 1, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

What's that ace? You're absolutely loving bonkers for 50 points??

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8660931&postcount=47

Good God almighty.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

A goon I've not met? Huzzah! Please find me and say hello.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Speaking of turtles.

Today's format was 300 point constructed, no resources, or you could buy two boosters and do a 350 point team. Had a decent showing and only one person chose the 2 booster option.

I decided that gently caress it, I'm running the chase turtles because I finally have them and I want to see how they will do.

Round 1 versus the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Vanisher
Cheap Magneto
Mystique
You can't hurt me when I'm wearing this helmet juggernaut.

This was not a good matchup since I am all about the punching with the turtles. Still, I knew that Michaelangelo and Raphael had flurry and as I learned a couple weeks ago, it doesn't matter if you have a 1 damage value, you can still get lucky and knock off that jerks helmet. (I had an Atomica do it to me).

I won map roll and chose the new krakoa map because I'd only brought my modern maps and figured what the hell lets go for it since it had enough hindering that I could make good use of.

I moved out into some hindering, breaking the turtles into 2 men squads. Squad 1 was Mikey and Raph, squad 2 was Leo and Donny. They were close enough to assist each other but far enough away and on different lines that Juggernaut couldn't do his thing. He kept playing a cautious game moving down his guys with vanisher. Since I was in hindering I didn't worry about magneto, and since I had charge front dial, mystique wasn't a concern either. I basically sat there and dared him to come to me and he did. I immediately KO'd vanisher to stop the transportation silliness. Used advanced turtle technique with Raph to hit magneto. Mikey went for Juggy and missed. Juggernaut did a move through Mikey and Raph but missed each. Magneto did not miss his pulse wave and Raph and Mikey took one. Donny and Leo then took down magneto and a game of let's try to knock off the helmet began. My dice went ice cold at this point and I missed about 6 attacks in a row. Juggy didn't do much better and mystique was too afraid to come in. My dice turned before his and Mikey did knock off his helmet. As soon as that happened the rout was on as Michaelangelo is hot death to tentpoles who don't have willpower. Mystique got a few potshots in while Juggy was getting ninja'd but then she got swarmed and couldn't stand against all 4 brothers.

I was shocked that I didn't lose a single turtle. Their impervious was really what turned the tide here they were really able to weather some big shots from Juggy and he could only do one to them at best with his strongest move and that just puts them on CR and makes them even more annoying.

Round 2 versus Brood.

2 Queens
4 30 point broods
So many on the sideboard

I lost map and we ended up on the secret invasion map. The only strategy for me was to get those drat queens down so that the game could actually have an end in sight. This basically became a brawl and early on the turtles had the advantage, with Raph's empower, Mikey could KO 2 kids a turn and Donny could nail one too. With the turtle technique I even got a queen early too. But then I hit one of those guys onto exploit, and suddenly I had a dead Raphael after a 2 damage exploit and a big time blades roll. Then an exposed Mikey got infected by a queen and ended up on a 16 defense with senses click. Turtles regrouped and bunched back up and hit hard against the brood, focusing on the last queen with Mikey giving some perplex help. Mikey turned out to be super easy to hit but impossible to damage with his impervious/senses combo. The last queen went down and the babies did too. Advanced turtle technique was so key this battle, as I could attack so many extra times and with the brood dials being so shallow and a 9 having a hard time hitting 18's and 19's (except for poor poor Raph) I managed to weather the storm.

When all was said and done I scored 450 points.

Round 3 versus the guy who did sealed (he chose GOTG as his boosters)

Nova (the one who can pulse for 2)
Gamora
Moondragon
Dire Wraith
Nebula

I won map and went with krakoa again. Really not for any reason. I was deathly afraid of Nova and Nebula. The two of them can wreck the whole team without breaking a sweat.

I counted out his TK and Pulse Wave range and moved up my 2 squads slowly because my dice decided that this was not the game where I needed to roll leadership ever. Opponent was content to slowly position as well. Eventually I moved up enough to be in range of him with Donny and Raph but behind blocking so he couldn't really see me. He could have pushed Gamora to charge Raph but chose not to. I had Raph charge, banking on hitting Gamora and turtle techniqing Nebula to remove her psychic blast. Raph however chose to miss his attacks. Donny was forced to just walk next to him to make sure he had impervious. This left them pushed and I knew I was gonna pay for it.

He did a RS with Nova and hit them both for 2 but had to use his prob to make it hit. Gamora did a CCE with all of it to attack but missed Raph. Nebula tried to psyblast Raphael but crit missed. That was a lifesaver. That turn could have been so much worse. I moved up Leo and Mikey and cleared Raph and Donny. Raph and Donny ate another 2 damage pulse wave. The rest of his guys cleared. Donny outwitted the CR on Gamora and Raph did a flurry blades attack that did not kill her due to poor blades rolls. He turtle technique'd next to nebula and hit her but she had toughness so it didn't do anything. Donny got past the senses and KO'd Gamora and technique'd next to his brother. Nebula with her sharpshooter that I forgot she had proceeded to KO Raph, and a suddenly alone Donny fell to the dire wraith. Ouch. Mikey came in with a full head of steam and took out Nebula and got moondragon to a CR click. Leo took out Nova and turtle technique'd over to Mikey but missed moondragon. He cleared, Mikey flurried and KO'd Moondragon, technique'd over to dire wraith and hit. Leo charged with blades and finished things off.

That pulse wave hurt, but thankfully Mikey is such an amazing piece with his incapping flurry he was able to carry Leo to victory as it was all the Michaelangelo show.

The chase turtles are simply amazing. If they can get to you, the game becomes an episode of will it blend and the answer is usually yes. They're super well protected with their multiple clicks of impervious and advanced turtle technique paired with some empower can let you do some amazing damage. Admittedly I got one pretty good matchup in the brood, but that was a game of strength versus strength and I took my lumps. The one guy who makes videos telling new players not to play cheese and go for fellowship but brings the most meta teams he can week in and week out lost in his game to the guy I faced in round 3. I don't know exactly what happened but a TK and nova pulse wave was apparently the difference maker. He had a winter soldier, Loki, Mystique team which would have given me a few fits with his 10 range. Oh and did I mention that Winter Soldier had Eclipso because of course he did. That aside the chase turtles are a goddamn blast and I look forward to trying them again.

Morand fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 13, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Pretty good first day at Origins. Played 2 BR's and won both of them. Got 2 Casey Jones's and was able to turn the extra into an Ace the Bat Hound so I have my 2 top wants done.

BR 1 my team was
Lex and Joker
Black Cat
Tin
Doc Magnus
Shifting Superman who charges and breaks walls and hits hard with objects.

Everyone pulled a bomb that BR. There was a chase Shazam, SR Superman and Mary Marvel. Lex and Joker were too mobile with their sidestep though and I broke a shitload of walls to KO Shazam and Superman for the win.

Second BR I had

Prime Superman
Booster Gold
Shifting Focus Superman that bumps up defense
Apprentice
Occultist.

I had the only HSS brick and just picked my shots with booster and superman. Didn't lose a single figure and wiped 2 of the teams.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So tired. Such a long day.

Did single worlds qualifiers and team worlds qualifiers.

All UXM for all events.

Single I ran

SR Beast, time locked Angel, 50 point storm and 50 point Cyclops.

Went 2-1, lost to a chase Magneto :argh:

Team worlds I had a team I'd honestly run in an actual event.

50 point Cyclops
50 point Sunfire
Kitty Pride
Quicksilver
Emma Frost

Rock solid squad. Teammates also had their A game and we came in first in the qualifier so we'll be in at least one worlds event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I qualified for worlds!

Ran Sunfire Rare, SR Iceman, 50 Point Cyclops, 50 point wolverine.

Yes I did run 40 points under. Theme matters in these events.

Played against a punchy team of 100 point Jean, Chase wolvie and X-23. Lost wolverine to X-23 but KO'd her. Got Jean with cyclops and iceman. Wolverine took out Sunfire but was shot to death after that.

Round 2 against a dude running
Riptide, Rare Cyclops, time locked Angel, genoshan cheap guy, warpath.

Got called an ahole after mentioning that he needed to speed up his turns. Sorry dude, you don't need to take 4 minutes to decide to sidestep and clear. Oddly his game noticeably sped up after that. He then crit missed both times he pushed an attacker so I won that

Round 3
Rare silver helmet Juggernaut, vanisher, quicksilver, John Greycrow.

Got to play on a premium map. That actually helped a lot as it had some weird elevations. His team was made to tie people up with vanisher. Iceman doesn't care about that. Quicksilver did get Sunfire but iceman played a bunch of lockdown games. Got his quicksilver and John and froze Juggy. Wolverine knocked off his helmet and that was it.

Yaaaaay. I get to try for the hat trick

• Locked thread