Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
When I text my amazing girlfriend she likes it when there are little dots when I am typing. If I switch to android (which I bought a Nexus 6P to do cuz I can use google fi and it is like $100 cheaper a month) it doesn't do that, since it uses SMS not iMessage. So basically I am paying for both right now until I can find out a way to make the dots appear in her messages when I text to her.

How do I do that. I have a macbook air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stereotype posted:

When I text my amazing girlfriend she likes it when there are little dots when I am typing. If I switch to android (which I bought a Nexus 6P to do cuz I can use google fi and it is like $100 cheaper a month) it doesn't do that, since it uses SMS not iMessage. So basically I am paying for both right now until I can find out a way to make the dots appear in her messages when I text to her.

How do I do that. I have a macbook air.

make her use hangouts like a baws

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I wish!! She won't do that though or change in any way.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

make her use hangouts like a baws

i use hangouts daily on my phone and desktop and it cant even get delivery confirmation consistently right

its loving fail as hell

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

WhatsApp is a bit more consistent than Hangouts.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
you should have thought about that before you ended your personal ad with "must like tiny pricks"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Apple does some things super great, like iMessage and messages, but they also do things super fail, like USB mounting of iPhones and requiring Verizon and iMaps

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

use WhatsApp like the cool kids

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Stereotype posted:

like... requiring Verizon and iMaps
what

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Stereotype posted:

she likes it when there are little dots when I am typing

i like that too, OP

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

graph posted:

i like that too, OP

Everyone does! It is amazing!

I literally might return my nexus 6P and cancel google fi because it isn't there.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

if you ask Siri to take you somewhere it only uses iMaps (which are so much worse than Google Maps), and my iPhone is tied to Verizon and I can't go to like ATT or Sprint or anything without buying a new one.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Stereotype posted:

if you ask Siri to take you somewhere it only uses iMaps (which are so much worse than Google Maps), and my iPhone is tied to Verizon and I can't go to like ATT or Sprint or anything without buying a new one.

verizon iphones are all unlocked even if youre on a contract

cant go to sprint for separate reasons, but you can use it on tmobile or att or an mvno

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
just text her some dots before the rest of your message

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

big scary monsters posted:

just text her some dots before the rest of your message

they need to hop in succession

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
my wife was using a galaxy nexus 4s or whatever, and I kept shaming her and calling her poor and not to use it in public because people will think we're poor and finally she started using my ancient iPhone 6 and she immediately got a promotion and raise.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Beast of Bourbon posted:

my wife was using a galaxy nexus 4s or whatever, and I kept shaming her and calling her poor and not to use it in public because people will think we're poor and finally she started using my ancient iPhone 6 and she immediately got a promotion and raise.

a yospos success story :unsmith:

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

OP here is a txting troubleshoot tip sounds to me like itt you should try not being a whipped rear end bitch sorry to be the one that says it GB2smithye's beta-cuck thread also ios is bad hth!!!!!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
she's hinting that she doesn't date android-using beta males and waiting to see if you figure it out, op

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

The Management posted:

she's hinting that she doesn't date android-using beta males and waiting to see if you figure it out, op

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I have like another week to decide if I want to return it and drat I'm realizing how much better the iphone IOS system is than android.

Which totally blows because this nexus 6P is super cool, it just isn't running IOS and can't send blue messages.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
op doesnt have a girlfriend. myth busted. gas/ban

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
kik messenger is solid, use that on your
mobile platform

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mishaq posted:

verizon iphones are all unlocked even if youre on a contract

cant go to sprint for separate reasons, but you can use it on tmobile or att or an mvno

big if true

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

mobile platform

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Stereotype posted:

big if true

$35/month for unlimited talk/text and 2.5 GB of LTE data on cricket (which is at&t) my friend

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
what's the best cross-platform messaging poo poo. is it still hangouts?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

craisins posted:

whatsapp

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

craisins posted:

slack

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

is there a yos-slack? if not there should be

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

akadajet posted:

is there a yos-slack? if not there should be

there is but only if jonny likes you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

mobile platform

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

op you sound like a complete loving moron

goodnight and good luck

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my bae uses "verizon messenger" bc she is a nontechnical woman

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
sever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i chained her to the radiator along with my pit bulls and left for vacay. YOSPOS Bithc!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Smythe posted:

i chained her to the radiator along with my pit bulls and left for vacay. YOSPOS Bithc!

i didnt do that but i once abandoned a woman in another country before for being a bitch

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Smythe posted:

the radiator

360 or 480mm? push/pull? dont leave us hangin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

my dad got his first iDots when he was visiting me and it was like in 2001 when the dang thus sprach Zarathustra theme starts playing, watching the gears turn in his head :3:

• Locked thread