Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

inscrutable horse posted:

and that too-cool-for-school ghostly chorus whenever you open a Reaver door!

You mean the bit they lifted directly from Ligeti's "Requiem?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Molly Millions posted:

I want to apologize on behalf of the entire anglosphere for our language having the words gauge and turquoise in it, but it's probably payback for making such a simple and common word as здравствуйте so goddamn hard to spell.

"Turquoise" is actually French's fault. So is about a third of English's vocabulary, for that matter.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Alexeythegreat posted:

You, sir, just created the thread title for BO2. Assuming that it fits.

The Horrifying Result of the Third Paradox: Let's Play Blood Omen 2

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Linnear posted:

I've probably forgotten or overlooked something, but... why does the Reaver turn on Raziel once it unites with the physical Reaver?

And if the Reaver Kain used on Raziel was basically the same thing, shouldn't it have just exploded again?

It's two parts as far as I can tell:
1. The physical blood sucking blade
2. The soul sucking wraith blade which is actually Raziel's soul

This was the first moment since the blade sundered in Soul Reaver 1 that the Wraith Blade was able to leave Raziel and reenter the Reaver. When he encountered the blade before, either Raziel refused to touch it or else it already contained his soul, thus preventing the Wraith Blade from occupying it. It turned on Raziel because for the very first time it could do so, because the two were no longer the same entity, and by absorbing him the two would have become united within the blade, much like how they were united in Raziel's body. However, in the moment when Raziel and the Reaver Soul were occupying two hosts, Cain jumped in and severed the connection.

• Locked thread