Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Hello friends, I was going through instagram, and noticed how few followers I have, and how many my cousin has, even though his feed is all gym selfies (yet he lives in NYC which is low hanging fruit for photos). For some stupid reason I actually put some effort into the shots I take and post, most of them taken with a real camera and then shared with my iPhone. I would like to have more followers, but I want them to be people who appreciate my pics.

...and so do you!

So lets add each other! And I'll add you back! At the end of the day I will keep a list of all the goon usernames who want to share their feeds and add others. Critiques are also welcome, though maybe those should go on instagram itself, under the comments for the specific picture.

https://www.instagram.com/mannymall/

Animal fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Added to the OP, and followed, and please stick to the formatting the lack of formatting makes me work hard and it looks bad makes my neckbeard compulsively itch

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Updated - don't forget to add each other this is our covenant

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

All have been followed by me, mannymal. I will update the OP list soon when I have more time, have been crazy busy lately.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Followed everyone (mannymall)

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

SMERSH Mouth posted:

deaders has an acclaimed IG and gets featured. It's good.

Me, I'm proud to have over ~~**200**~~ followers, many of which are bots and commercial accounts.

Shout out to my bots and commercial accounts! Luv y'all!

What's your ig again? I checked if I am following you but I cant seem to find any crystal cats that might be you

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Instagram for some people is a kind of pissing contest where they need to acquire as many followers as possible while following as few people as they can get away with.

I don't care. I follow friends, goons, and people who post photos that inspire me. I don't follow accounts full of image macros and selfies.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Kaneda215 posted:

orion.gram - https://www.instagram.com/orion.gram/ - I'm a pilot, so a lot of my pictures are from the cockpit and of the places I travel to.

hello pilot buddy
added you, I'm Mannymall
travel stuff, pilot stuff, and now drone stuff since I bought a Mavic

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

underage at the vape shop posted:

How do you guys upload non phone photos?

I transfer the images from my camera to my phone or from my drone to my phone.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I think I have added everybody here so far, if I missed you, look me up and I'll add you back

Instagram.com/mannymall

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

BetterLekNextTime posted:

I was trying to figure out why I all of a sudden got a bunch of follows and likes yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRUSx-Nji_v/

Then I looked at some of the other photos on that account- holy poo poo. -Wayne's World "I'm not worthy".gif-

I saw it, and liked it! Good job.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Ohio's social media Instagram account featured a picture I took with my Mavic Pro drone, so I got a few extra followers :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYK1Fmjydq/

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

BetterLekNextTime posted:

That's a great shot. I've never done drone stuff before- does the mount let you pivot the camera to portrait, do you have to mount it as portrait before you launch, or are you stuck in landscape and have to crop?

Yeah just just select the portrait option on the camera menu and the camera flips to portrait mode in-flight. The Mavic Pro is pretty much future tech in many ways.

I was sitting on the other side of the river, about 1,000ft away when I took this shot!

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Are you a fellow ohioan?

No, but my work base is CVG so I spend some time there.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Added along with the last few who posted.

I have to say Goonstagram posts are actually really nice quality stuff. I enjoying seeing what you all share.

Instagram.com/mannymall

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

bobmarleysghost posted:

Huh, you weren't kidding

GOOD photos, too. It's tragic.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Linux Nazi posted:

Added a lot of you jerks.

I spun up an IG account for posting pictures of my dumb car while I try to learn and shoot cars. Come laugh.

https://www.instagram.com/c7jar/

Thats a sexy car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Caught up with all of you who I wasn't following, hopefully you didnt lose faith in me!

rio posted:

I seem to remember bringing this up before but I’m wondering if you all have the following experience. I’ve been with Instagram since the beginning. Back then I wouldn’t have called myself a photographer and it is actually partially what got me interested in learning (combined with the dorkroom, which is really where I learned the most for better or worse). Anyway, back then there was always a steady and slow stream of subscribers finding and I always limited my subs to things I actually wanted to look at (it was all cats for a while).

Fast forward to now and I’ve had 520-550 subscribers for longer than I can remember. I always get subscribers when I post, sometimes a handful and sometimes a pretty good chunk of them, but then it levels out back to around 530. I assume everyone is subbing and then unsubbing. Is the expectation that if someone follows you it is to get a follow back? I have a little over 100 subscriptions and I don’t think Instagram would be enjoyable with a poo poo ton of subscriptions since I wouldn’t be seeing what I wanted to having subscribed to every transom person who subbed to me. Are people not actually even looking at the photos they are subscribed to at a certain point and only liking and subbing to get their own subscribers? I feel like this is an old person post and that I don’t “get” how it works or how people use it. I know there are others who keep their subscriptions low, I assume because they also want to actually look at photos taken by the people they have chosen, but the whole thing seems bizarre when I will get like 15 subscriptions in a day and then they are all gone not too long afterwards. Or are they bots (assuming instabots are a thing)?

There's a ton of botting going on. And people want their follower number to be far higher than the number of people they are following, because it gives them some sort of hipster cred.

Out of curiosity I just checked some of the people in this thread, and there is one good example of a fashion photographer who had us all follow him and then unfollowed every single one of us LOL.

Animal fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 1, 2018