Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hot Karl Marx posted:

so is this guy for draconian diving laws or is it a parody of diving laws in the UK?

He seems to be against the sort of draconian law enforcement Sea Patrol represents, but on the other hand, he does write an awful lot about draconian law enforcement ...

http://larashots.com/appleyard/seapatrol/index.htm

quote:

A possible near future or "alternate time line". All diving and boat use has been put under a tight naval / industrial control. Enforcing this is one of the duties of the inshore branches of the Sea Patrol. If you don't want this sort of thing to become reality, watch out for authoritarianism and officialdom creeping up on your favourite hobby.

Anthrovore posted:

Mr. Appleyard posted:
An emergency radio beacon started somewhere. My skipper dratted the interruption and went towards the signal. We heard and then saw three divers adrift in sport-type kit and no licence-proving sonar transponders. We have other jobs than being the lifeboat service. We were well away from nosy eyes. The skipper saw their lobster hooks and gave an order. Our Sea Patrol issue electromagnetic-powered nailguns disposed silently and efficiently of the shelfish poachers whether they were in difficulties at sea or not.

Sea Patrol is not above summarily executing unlicensed lobster divers in distress, they are filth and deserve no less.

quote:

The Sea Patrol also performs general-purpose coastguard-type work and rescuing.

He can't even keep his own canon straight :facepalm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I.C. posted:

Is it sexual?

I'm pretty sure it is. It probably started as a revenge fantasy, when Applebottom got kicked out of that club. But then he started to enjoy it.

Now he feels shame, because he wants to be normal, but it's the only thing that can give him sexual release, so I suspect he has very ambivalent feelings towards SEA PATROL.

If you can't diagnose psychiatric disorders on the Internet, where can you? :hellyeah:

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 1, 2016

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SniperWoreConverse posted:

SEA PATROL does not have time for frivolous drugs of any sort

Yeah! It's called "recreational" drug use for a reason!

• Locked thread