Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAB

AAB posted:

fitness thread i played ice hockey tonight.

haha I remember posting this. had to quit the league a little after that because there was someone on another team headhunting me after I nearly fought someone on another team. Still taking that long break from playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

AAB posted:

is it ok to post about indoor climbing here too

PLEASE TELL ME OF YOUR CLIMBS MY DUDE

AAB

im thinking about joining a local gym and getting my climb on again. picked up my gear from storage this past weekend, even.

GoodbyeTurtles

Do the thing. Climbing is honestly the best excercise that is also fun.

Though if you've taken a break from it, don't be disheartened by how bad you are the first few times you get back on the wall. It happens to everyone if they take time out of training so just don't worry, stick at it & you'll be better than before in no time at all.

AAB

got back into the rock gym after like, 4 years yesterday. was only climbing with the belay class but still have what it takes to do 5.8's with ease. time to git gud at crimping so I can hit the 5.10s.

Piso Mojado

:peanut:

GoodbyeTurtles

Nice work aab, keep at it duder.

I climbed some mountains, learned how to use an ice axe and crampons. My rear end is on fire right now

Professor Shark

I didn't work today so I went for an hour long walk, which I also did yesterday.

I starred at the package of cookies in my cupboard but didn't eat them.

Piso Mojado

tfw you toot while squatting

Olympic Mathlete

:h:

Piso Mojado posted:

tfw you toot while squatting

I have a power cage in my garage purely so I can toot at will. I've near-gassed myself several times.

GoodbyeTurtles

New post climb workout routine to gently caress all of my bod up as opposed to just most of my bod.

5 minutes of plank will make me stronf

AAB

whats your routine? I'm headed in tonight for the "climbing strength and fitness" class thing. probably gonna be sore as hell tomorrow lol

Piso Mojado

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I have a power cage in my garage purely so I can toot at will. I've near-gassed myself several times.

i ripped one on my lasy rep of my last set the other day and about crashed from embarassment. my heart goes out to the families of those within the blast radius.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
my local gym has a shart bucket and wetnaps so people don't have to waste too much time tidying up between sets

GoodbyeTurtles

AAB posted:

whats your routine? I'm headed in tonight for the "climbing strength and fitness" class thing. probably gonna be sore as hell tomorrow lol

Well I used to just do a basic static stretch session at the end of a climb, focusing on hands, wrists forearms and shoulders, which is good and you should do at least that after every session.

Lately I've been working in more antagonistic training in order to balance out my climbing bod.

My routine is usually:
3x
4 or 5 minutes of plank - 1 min on elbows, 1 min each side then a back plank. (maybe another min on elbows if I'm feeling brave)
20 push ups - ten normal, 5 wide, 5 narrow.
20 squats
10 dips

It's actually pretty fun too, but I love crack climbing so my idea of fun isn't

Professor Shark

I've been walking more, feels good man

GoodbyeTurtles

Walking is good as heck.

5 mins planks 3x daily. I'm becoming a plank. One day I'll make a great shelf

AAB

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Walking is good as heck.

wood

Piso Mojado

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Walking is good as heck.

turtles, i think youd really enjoy this book if you dont already own it.

https://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Gravity-Systematic-Gymnastics-Bodyweight/dp/1467933120

i just started working on some of the planche progressions and im smoked.

GoodbyeTurtles

Piso Mojado posted:

turtles, i think youd really enjoy this book if you dont already own it.

https://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Gravity-Systematic-Gymnastics-Bodyweight/dp/1467933120

i just started working on some of the planche progressions and im smoked.

I must own this book

Piso Mojado

its really good

GoodbyeTurtles

I've been climbing hard every other day for a month and I'm pushing grades faster than ever.
I used to be comfortable on anything up to a 6a+ but now I'm pushing 6b+/c on the daily. Probably even higher for bouldering too.

Climb makes youbstronf

Professor Shark

I went from 190lbs at Christmas to 175lb just from walking more, cutting back on beer, and knocking off junk food haha

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Been working hard on my back lately... Started 2 days per week on upper back after this pic.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Anemone Mine
I dunno about taking pictures of my back, but walking up and down hills is an activity.

Sometimes it's sunny

Sometimes it aint

Sometimes it's cold

GoodbyeTurtles

This is lovely.

More posts of nice places please friends

Piso Mojado

whoop finally pulled the trigger on a new racing bike. :woop: 🚴 :woop:

please cheer me on when im winning gold medals byob!

Piso Mojado

http://ifbikes.com/Bikes/steel-crown-jewel/

this will be my baby in about 2 months when they finish custom welding it for me

Anemone Mine

:eyepop:

alnilam

Piso Mojado posted:

http://ifbikes.com/Bikes/steel-crown-jewel/

this will be my baby in about 2 months when they finish custom welding it for me

Congrats friend, v cool that they make a steel bikes for racing bc i love steel but always figured that in these modern times nobody raced on it

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

Congrats friend, v cool that they make a steel bikes for racing bc i love steel but always figured that in these modern times nobody raced on it

lots of people race steel actually. i have a steel touring bike now that i love with all my heart but its def not built for racing.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam

Piso Mojado posted:

lots of people race steel actually

Racing steel seems like it would be p easy tbh unless the steel were round and it were a downhill race

Piso Mojado

its a lighter alloy than most steel bikes, so its not that heavy but it still soaks up vibration ftw

Piso Mojado

its...hanzo steel

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

Racing steel seems like it would be p easy tbh unless the steel were round and it were a downhill race

oh wait i get the joke now :11tea:

GoodbyeTurtles

My bike is made of hatred and weighs as much as a small horse

Cosmik Slop

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Piso Mojado posted:

its...hanzo steel

If you should happen to meet God on your adventures, God will say "that's a real nice bike you got there"

*The Bride nods solemnly*

alnilam

i'm back from my honeymoon in northern patagonia and it was amazing, here i will share a few pics with u

the road trip

then we did a 3 day backpacking trip in reserva nacional cerro castillo

with glaciers

and the aforementioned cerro castillo (thusly named bc its peaks look like a castle)

and rainbows

and scree :gonk: (also like 80 mph winds blowing sleet in ur face on top of this mountain, jfc)

the whole region is just incredible, i highly recommend it

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

ugh super jealous.

• Locked thread