Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shabbat goy

INRI, what's the best food to take with me for 50+ mile rides? Clif bars are too hard to chew and waste my precious calories on my jaw muscles, and Gu tastes nasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shabbat goy

Piso Mojado posted:

thanks! yeah I am currently training now and have two crits (my first!) planned this year. currently working with Independent Fabrication to get this custom bike built for me now.

http://ifbikes.com/Bikes/ssr/

I think I am going to pick up a power meter so I can train more effectively on this new frame. does your team use the crank power meters or wheel based ones? not sure which I should get. :ohdear:

Stainless seems like a weird choice for a bike frame, but it looks sick + steel is real. Good luck on your crits!

I got a good deal on some new climbing shoes that hurt real bad but stick real good :unsmigghh: Can't wait to go use them more, and hopefully break them in.

shabbat goy

My cat's a butthead who doesn't sleep in her bed, you can crash there if you like.

shabbat goy

They're setting new routes in the gym which is cool because hey, new routes, but it sucks because now 1/4 of the gym is closed off and it's super crowded on a Monday night.

shabbat goy

Gym re-setting claimed the route I was projecting :smith:

On the plus side, I flashed a V1 and got a V2 that I had been working on, plus all the new routes meant that the stuff I was working on was clear all night.

shabbat goy

Piso Mojado posted:

any of you East-coasters ever biked on the Great Allegheny Passage or the C&O Canal Towpath? Thinking of maybe touring it here in a month or two.

Fellow GAP rider here. I tried (and failed) to ride from Pittsburgh to Philly two years ago on the GAP and it was brutal but super fun.

Depending on when you go, the crushed limestone can really suck your wheels. Consider running wider tires if you can; in my case I ran 25c but I would have liked 28c if I had the clearance. I went in early April right after snow melted though, so YMMV. Definitely play it by ear.

There's a nice bike shop in Ohiopyle about 80 miles in, so if you forgot supplies or need something, this is the only place I know of once you're on the trail (but there may be more, check out info on Crush the Commonwealth for more useful tidbits)

It's beautiful and fun, and I highly recommend it. If you stop in Pittsburgh, feel free to gimme a holler and I'll buy you a beer for your journey.

shabbat goy

Pitt to Philly is cool because you get to go through the abandoned turnpike, which is as spooky as it sounds (or so I've heard).

shabbat goy

I'm joining visible abs crew by the end of Q3 2016, and I'm going to figure out a way to do it that doesn't require me to stop drinking beers.

shabbat goy

Posting from the gym right now. Someone brought season 2 of the Drew Carey show on VHS and is asking people where he can pop it in while he works out.

shabbat goy

Flashed a V2 on Friday and then proceeded to watch a 10-yr-old crush a V5 on the same wall wearing street shoes like it was nothing :smith:

shabbat goy

shabbat goy

crazycello posted:

The greatest feeling you can get in a gym or the most satisfying feeling you can get at the crag is the send. Let’s say you feel your forearms, your biceps; blood is rushing in to your muscles and you clip the chains. Your forearms get a really tight feeling like your skin is going to explode any minute and you feel weightless and it feels different, it feels fantastic. It’s as satisfying to me as cumming is, you know, as in having sex with a woman and cumming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like getting the feeling of cumming in the gym; I’m getting the feeling of cumming at the crag; I’m getting the feeling of cumming at the comp; when I get out of iso and climb in front of 50 people I get the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night. It’s terrific, right? So you know, I am in heaven.” 

shabbat goy

The gym won't let me use loose chalk but Arnold is allowed to cum everywhere, smdh

shabbat goy

does anyone wanna go ride bikes?

shabbat goy

alnilam posted:

Hey buddy i ride so much on my commute nowadays that after that + getting around town for errands and stuff I really don't feel much like pure recreational riding anymore :( I mean I get to enjoy my commute and my errands instead so it's not a bad thing I guess

But if you want to ride somewhere fun and not crazy far sometime, like to the barge on the Mon to go rope swinging, I'm definitely down. I could also be convinced to do an overnight bikepacking trip on the GAP

This sounds cool and I just got a new tent! Someday... Ack, summer's too short, I wish I could commute by bike.

I really want to try gliding sometime too , it looks like a very fun + relaxing way to spend an afternoon, plus way easier + cheaper than getting a pilot's license: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=715E0OTEWuk

shabbat goy

is it possible to get swole without giving up drinking beers? can u get swole with toxoplasmosis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shabbat goy

first time back to the bouldering gym in like a year - they just built a new one in pittsburgh and it's dope. also my fingers hurt + are bloody.

• Locked thread