Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete

:h:

Piso Mojado posted:

tfw you toot while squatting

I have a power cage in my garage purely so I can toot at will. I've near-gassed myself several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE SUZUKI JIMNY BECAUSE I WANT ONE.

But seriously, they're supposedly great fun off road and my girlfriend loves the look of them.

In other news I cycle to work every day on my old mountainbike and the other day finally got around to fixing the puncture on my road bike and am now on that. Holy poo poo it's fast.

Olympic Mathlete

Piso Mojado posted:

yeah i run errands and do 90% of my riding on a heavy rear end steel bike, so when i jump on my road bike i feel like a two-testicled lance armstrong

My mountainbike is (or was at the time) a very nice bike but it's now 11 years old. It's only 30lbs or something but it's full suspension and is pretty hilariously bad for pedaling and going anywhere. The road bike is just so direct, it vibrates the poo poo out of you when you're riding it but it's just sooooooooo fast.

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Don't expect some offroad beast though because they only come with 1300cc engines, but they can be real good fun.

I watched this and these are the Japanese kei versions so 660cc at the largest size, 550 at the smallest. I kinda want one of these ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQyQnvbZ250

Olympic Mathlete

A friend of mine does MMA type stuff and it looks fun but I know I have a glass jaw and would get sparked out instantly. He says whenever someone new joins he lets them have a free punch so he knows how hard they hit, he's the loveliest guy around but I know he'd beat the poo poo out of you if he had to. This is why I'm good friends with him :v:

Also I found out there's a bouldering place opening up in my town, so no more hour long drive to get to my usual spot.

Olympic Mathlete

A new bouldering place has opened up in town aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm yet to get there for a climb because I've been busy doing DIY and fixing cars and other dumb boring poo poo.

I did however buy a new rear wheel for my road bike which is nice and also means I don't have to ride my mountainbike to work any more which is cool. Also my garage gym is now getting sweatier due to the weather so I need to go buy a big fan.

Olympic Mathlete

King of the Beach posted:

garage gyms are bad rear end :radcat:

bonus points if u have a punching bag hanging next to a fridge full of tall boys and grill meats, and ofc a soundsystem that could support a Dinosaur Jr concert

My dream is to have enough space (this is a UK sized garage, not one of those lovely US style huge ones sadly) to house the PA kit I store elsewhere so I can happily work out to bowel-shatteringly loud sub-bass in peace.

One day.

Also the fridge + meat thing is a must.

Olympic Mathlete

I was tempted to make that joke but refrained :v:

Olympic Mathlete

No photos of said view?

Olympic Mathlete

NZ from what I've seen is absolutely stunning. I spent some time up in Scotland last year and that's pretty great in terms of scenery too.

Olympic Mathlete

Yeah a friend went to NZ and he said the scale of the outdoors there is just something else. It's on my list to visit, hopefully at some point before I get too old and rickety to enjoy it.

Olympic Mathlete

I feel like I'd be screaming something like "SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK" because I am a huge child.

Also please don't die.

pogi posted:

I've had to give up punching things due to loving up my wrist, so now I just jump rope for forever. It's good.

What did you do to it?

Olympic Mathlete

pogi posted:

I fell on it just right at work. Hurts like a sumbitch when I use the heavy bag and I have trouble picking up anything heavy with that hand, so I'm avoiding those things. Just doing plenty of jump rope and trying to get under a 7 minute mile again.

Ouch. I recall when I pulled the tendons in my forearm whilst bouldering. I'd decided to sit down and climb a fairly pinchy route first thing on a nice cold day and completely failed to do any sort of warming up. The subsequent 'snapping' noise and mild pain suggested that what I'd just done was not cool and definitely not clever. I managed to struggle up a few big juggy climbs that day but I'd hosed myself proper, it was a solid 6 months before my grip felt as strong as it did.

Fair to say you're probably going to be really good at jumping rope and running by the time you've healed up properly. Take care please.

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

When i jumped i quietly said "piss" then fell silently into the abyss

You came back though, right? Or are you now ghostposting?

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete

oh gently caress I went bouldering for the first time in ages. it's still awesome and I'm not totally pathetic.

• Locked thread