Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

AAB posted:

is it ok to post about indoor climbing here too

PLEASE TELL ME OF YOUR CLIMBS MY DUDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles

Do the thing. Climbing is honestly the best excercise that is also fun.

Though if you've taken a break from it, don't be disheartened by how bad you are the first few times you get back on the wall. It happens to everyone if they take time out of training so just don't worry, stick at it & you'll be better than before in no time at all.

GoodbyeTurtles

Nice work aab, keep at it duder.

I climbed some mountains, learned how to use an ice axe and crampons. My rear end is on fire right now

GoodbyeTurtles

New post climb workout routine to gently caress all of my bod up as opposed to just most of my bod.

5 minutes of plank will make me stronf

GoodbyeTurtles

AAB posted:

whats your routine? I'm headed in tonight for the "climbing strength and fitness" class thing. probably gonna be sore as hell tomorrow lol

Well I used to just do a basic static stretch session at the end of a climb, focusing on hands, wrists forearms and shoulders, which is good and you should do at least that after every session.

Lately I've been working in more antagonistic training in order to balance out my climbing bod.

My routine is usually:
3x
4 or 5 minutes of plank - 1 min on elbows, 1 min each side then a back plank. (maybe another min on elbows if I'm feeling brave)
20 push ups - ten normal, 5 wide, 5 narrow.
20 squats
10 dips

It's actually pretty fun too, but I love crack climbing so my idea of fun isn't

GoodbyeTurtles

Walking is good as heck.

5 mins planks 3x daily. I'm becoming a plank. One day I'll make a great shelf

GoodbyeTurtles

Piso Mojado posted:

turtles, i think youd really enjoy this book if you dont already own it.

https://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Gravity-Systematic-Gymnastics-Bodyweight/dp/1467933120

i just started working on some of the planche progressions and im smoked.

I must own this book

GoodbyeTurtles

I've been climbing hard every other day for a month and I'm pushing grades faster than ever.
I used to be comfortable on anything up to a 6a+ but now I'm pushing 6b+/c on the daily. Probably even higher for bouldering too.

Climb makes youbstronf

GoodbyeTurtles

This is lovely.

More posts of nice places please friends

GoodbyeTurtles

My bike is made of hatred and weighs as much as a small horse

GoodbyeTurtles

Holy poo poo alnilam that looks incredible. I've always been interested in visiting that area of the world (me and the girlfriend are thinking about going backpacking/ road tripping there at some point this or next year) so do share any hints & tricks that we may find useful!

Also good job with that marriage thing my dude!

GoodbyeTurtles

My Spanish isn't the greatest but I know just barely enough to get by, though I'm sure I'd pick it up again quickly but that's good to know.

The Cerro Castillo circuit looks like the kinda thing we'd be really keen to check out, and as climbers / mountaineers I figure we'd be up to it.

I'll probably PM you if I think of any more Q's but yeah dude, it looks awesome and I'm pretty sold on going already.

GoodbyeTurtles

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE SUZUKI JIMNY BECAUSE I WANT ONE.

Small, not super hot offroad (might want to lift it a couple inches), watch out for the swivel housings (and the top + bottom bearings) wearing out.

Other than that they are prone to rusting (back chassis area is usually first to go). Don't expect some offroad beast though because they only come with 1300cc engines, but they can be real good fun.

GoodbyeTurtles

Stay safe my sweet sweet punchboys

GoodbyeTurtles

Get so good at punching far that you grow another elbow

GoodbyeTurtles

Secret fighting technique: gun

GoodbyeTurtles

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Secret fighting technique: gentle kisses

GoodbyeTurtles

Ah, the classic side rear end pull. Rip your buns

GoodbyeTurtles

On the weekend i did a big multi pitch sport climb up a 100 meter cliff. I accidentally went up a 6a, which would have been fine if the top 3~4 bolts hadn't been lost to rockfall. The final 8+ meter run-out scrambling up through the undergrowth & loose rock was not fun !!

GoodbyeTurtles

Just climbed up Roy's peak in Wanaka, NZ. 1300M elivation gain in 2 hours. It's a steep one but the view was good. 1578M total height.

GoodbyeTurtles

Olympic Mathlete posted:

No photos of said view?

I have very limited upload ability in the hostel here, I'll upload some when it's easier.

Hiking in NZ is real cool, i did the tongariro crossing a few weeks ago too, it was very cool (lots of snow and ice) don't ever pay for a guide anywhere tho

Also did a few 24~km hikes through Abel Tasman national park, which is rad as hell but it's basically winter now so it's cold af

GoodbyeTurtles

South island is like Scotland but everything is a lot bigger. I mean from carpark to summit Roy's peak was about 1300m, which is taller than Ben Nevis in itself.

The next one I'm planning to climb before heading home is Ben Lomond @ 1748m (over 1500m base to summit), which is going to be brutal

GoodbyeTurtles

I climbed the bigger mountain and it was way easier and not as steep as the last.

Tomorrow I bungy jump 134m from a gondola- any ideas what i should yell in my 8 seconds of freefall?

pogi posted:

I've had to give up punching things due to loving up my wrist, so now I just jump rope for forever. It's good.

drat dude that sucks. Is it going to recover eventually or are you out of the punchsport game for good?

GoodbyeTurtles

Ah that sucks, just take it easy (at least with the arm stuff) and become the best runboy you can be in the downtime

GoodbyeTurtles

When i jumped i quietly said "piss" then fell silently into the abyss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles

Posting from the abyss

Oh ya if you hear any loud popping or snapping when climbing just call it right away and ice that badboy asap - you're now taking a month off climbing because holy poo poo if you don't you'll gently caress yourself up real bad

• Locked thread