Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

Piso Mojado posted:

Yoga is really good. Maybe try starting with sun salutations.

Sun salutations?

:ohdear:

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

King of the Beach posted:

tru confession, im not really sure why but i do not like the idea of jogging esp in daytime/public and the whole lifestyle and culture that goes along with it...not really sure why im so averse and ofc if it's ur thing that's kool no disrespect intended at all but u wouldnt ever find me doing the same unless u paid me (ok the deal where u p much run thru trails in the woods seems alright). i do enjoy walking tho obv and easily do a few miles each day w/o even thinking about it, enjoy strenuous hiking, and ofc my fav secret to burning calories (and also maintaining mental clarity, reducing stress, and improving cognition and focus) - motorcycle riding! which imho is like doing yoga at speed, but with a better view, and failure = possible death, which is motivation not even CrossFit could provide. 32yo/M w/ BMI 20.5 btw

it is possible to ease into jogging even if you don't care much for the idea. the thing where you go for a walk but do a few intervals of jogging really works (well, it worked for me) and as long as you don't feel a lot of pressure to make quick progress you can find yourself jogging for sustained periods more quickly than you might expect. not that there's any need to if it's not your thing, although I was struck by this recent nyt article about how jogging, in particular, appears to be crazy good for you, even compared to other sports.

I can't say I love it but I'm fine with it. It is extremely convenient, for example when traveling: the only equipment you need is shoes. It is time-efficient compared with walking/hiking (which I enjoy and probably prefer time permitting). there are useful ways to mix it up by changing routes, doing intervals, and what have you. it's good for weight loss. so all things considered I'm glad it's an option in my toolbox. the "lifestyle and culture" aspect doesn't bother me because I don't care about it, I don't think about it, I just do my own thing at my own pace.

Manifisto

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Just climbed up Roy's peak in Wanaka, NZ. 1300M elivation gain in 2 hours. It's a steep one but the view was good. 1578M total height.

awesome! I love nz, haven't done much hiking there but would love to do more.

• Locked thread