Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pogi

I've only been able to use the endless stair machine thing since my arm is in a sling. Now my top half is a little deflated but my butt is cute as hell. Fair trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pogi

I ate too much pancit and lumpia over the holidays and now I'm fat. I've decided to get back into shape, mostly through boxing drills and rock climbing.

I want to start up on weights too, but I have a big problem: I'm having a bad time performing a back squat. I can do front squats okay, but an old injury has made it so that, while I can barely get my right hand in the correct position for a back squat, I get wracked with pain as soon as I unrack the bar. Deadlifts don't give me problems and I can even do overhead press, so I'm guessing I still have issues with mobility.

What are some things I can do to improve the mobility in my shoulder? Are there any other variants of the squat I can do, and are there any alternatives to squats I can work on in the meantime?

Thanks in advance BYOB

pogi

Piso Mojado posted:

The way he worded, I sounds like it is not a weight issue, but rather the hyperextension of his shoulder to even support the bar. Im guessing he would prob get pain even doing an empty bar in that case.

But I'm not a doctor, just a fellow squat lover

You hit the nail on the head here. I might stick with front squats. That would help with my power cleans a bit as well, correct?

Piso Mojado posted:

Pogi quit punching things, it's bad for your shoulder

I would honestly be at a loss at the gym if I couldn't do boxing drills.

My new gym has a couple climbing ropes, maybe I'll learn some rope tricks or something.

pogi

I've had to give up punching things due to loving up my wrist, so now I just jump rope for forever. It's good.

pogi

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

drat dude that sucks. Is it going to recover eventually or are you out of the punchsport game for good?

I'm out for the foreseeable future. I'll miss hitting the heavy bag, but no biggie, there's a lot to do in the world y'know?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What did you do to it?

I fell on it just right at work. Hurts like a sumbitch when I use the heavy bag and I have trouble picking up anything heavy with that hand, so I'm avoiding those things. Just doing plenty of jump rope and trying to get under a 7 minute mile again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pogi

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

When i jumped i quietly said "piss" then fell silently into the abyss

when i jumped out of a plane i didn't have the mental presence to say anything clever but I do remember clearly thinking "lol that was so dumb, im going to die" haha

glad you had fun mate

• Locked thread