Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I ride my bike regularly to commute to and from places, and I have been lifting weights a couple or three times a week for the past couple years, but my diet is pretty bad and I drink too much so I'm still pretty fat.

I went to a powerlifting meet a few weeks ago and saw a man deadlift something around 850 pounds, which isn't world record-breaking or anything, but it was the first time I'd seen such a feat of strength in person. It was somewhat inspiring. I also got to play with strongman gym stuff for the first time, like concrete atlas stones and keg walks and that big log lift bar thing. There is a gym that has this equipment really close to where I am living, but I can't yet justify another gym membership on top of the university tuition that already pays for a gym that is pretty good, too. I'm in an annoying cusp between being a normal weak can't-lift-anything person and actually being physically strong (basic 1000 pound club) and I've been stuck here for a while. Same with endurance... I was able to push some 30+ mile afternoons last summer, but I'm not particularly fast about it... 11-12 miles an hour average.

This next year, I'm going to keep lifting, push myself a bit harder, keep bicycling, and try to stop drinking so much. I've been mostly vegetarian for a while, but I am reintroducing meat to my diet... baking chickens is easy and cheap for a food source and I do actually like eating meat. I also need to do some work on my bike. It needs, at least, some TLC and maybe some new parts. I know I need to replace the lovely plastic backing board with some stiffer stuff (pic related) to my other cheapass pannier, too, so that I can do some bikepacking when the weather gets a bit nicer. I'm also going to start looking around in the next year for a second, backup, bike.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 28, 2015

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I moved a few weeks ago and then had a work trip and then went to go visit some family, so I made it back to the gym for the first time in three weeks today.

I rode my bike there and back and I did OHP, Straight Leg Deadlifts and Dips.

My lifestyle is finally normalizing again... feels good.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

hemale in pain posted:

you gonna be so sore tomorrow from doms

Doms is muscle-talk for "feed me, seymour."

----------------

• Locked thread