Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i enjoy telling ghost stories as i hike. it helps pass the time and the woods are spooky already, a ghost story just adds to the spookiness imo. usually i just make them up on the spot and i am not hiking now so i will pretend i'm hiking and start us off with the ghost stories.

CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH i am stompinng through the woods just like that one time this guy stomped through these very same woods. well his stomping attracted a monster too creepy and horrible to describe, but he just thought it was in his head so he ignored it. did i mention he was a crazy person and that he was escaping the asylum? he was stomping away from the insane asylum just over that ridge, and he was trying to enjoy nature. anyways the monster poo poo out his ghost which is still here. also the monster that ate him is the real reason all the people in the asylum are crazy, something about being near it makes u lose your mind, because your mind can't handle how scary it is. if you listen close you can still hear him stomping. [at this point i would stop everyone for a moment to listen for stomping]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
One day a mom, dad, and young son were car camping 50 miles from town on a snowy forest road. It was dark and they had a nice fire going complete with traditions like burnt marshmallows and dad melting the rubber under his shoes just a bit for giggles. Laughs and fun for all, though the neighboring campers were a bit loud.

Then dad gets serious, putting on a contemplative look. "Did you know there are goons in this forest?"
"Stop it dear", the mom interrupts, "we've barely overcome his fear of the dark." :mad:

Too late, son is hooked. "Goons? They sound tough and scary :ohdear:. What are those?"
"No, stop", mom says, "it's neither the place nor the time for scary stories."

Dad straightens his posture and deepens his voice. "Tough? Scary? Ha ha! Let me tell you all about goons. They are lumpy, slow, afraid of light, complicated, and boring. They usually live in basements and don't get the American dream I've been telling you about; so they can claim to living a good life they come out sometimes like normal folks, at night, pale as ghosts, angry at the world. [very contemplative] And they are amongst us in this forest." A loud burp is heard from the neighboring campers.

"This is very inappropriate" mom says, playing with her shiny wedding ring like she usually does when she's not at ease. :nono:
"I'm confused. Are they like monsters or something?" says the son.

"No, they're harmless!" says dad, with things suddenly very quiet. "Hey, did our neighbors go to bed finally?"

JUST THEN SOMETHING BURSTS OUT OF THE BUSHES and yells in a wimpy but enthusiastic voice "I'M GAAAAAAY"

"What's gay and why is he stupid?" says the son.

"I don't know" responds the dad, not clear on which question he's answering.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Heh

• Locked thread