Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Here's hoping Charlie manages to break Fate and kill/incapacitate Parson, so the comic doesn't devolve into prophecies.

Or that Charlie bites it this strip, so parson is free to do whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

He's attuned to the dish, so he's bound to have world-breaking powers on par with Decrypt. Access to all sorts of crucial communication and 'game upkeep' channels has to have given him a very deep understanding of Erfworld. I do wonder what an attuned Arkenhammer does. Remake the world into walnuts?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

Stanley is attuned to the Arkenhammer, although given what we've seen the dish and pliers do, it's becoming increasingly likely that it has powers beyond rocking out, shooting lightning, and taming dwagons.

Oh yeah, I forgot. He's just been so mundane, not being a caster.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Kyte posted:

Oh it's 5mil. So they just need one more confirmed hit to start claiming units. Rule of drama says they don't have that last hit, then.

It was just 5 mil per shot, so from what we see Gobwin Knob got paid 30 million.

Charlie's portal might be a bit less protected due to the siphoning of power from it, or he might have put a bunch of Arkendish magic on it to twist the rules. Whatever he's done, it's biting him in the rear end.

But I keep up hope that the prophecy/fate things get resolved pretty soon, because this page happening was pretty telegraphed by Marie. So no real tension or suspense.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

First thing Parson oughta do is roll out of the way, cause Charlie can still have his guns shoot through the portal to attempt to kill him. It was the contingency plan.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Charlie is just an angry old man playing his TBS while the enemy suddenly started playing an RTS inside the same game.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I can imagine Charlie having meticulously planned for everything, then when his plans now failed so spectacularly, he says "gently caress it, they now know we can kill them all. So go kill them all."

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Wanda's actions continue to backfire.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Actually he would probably have blamed them anyway, since no Charlie units are in the Hex.

Yeah, but if Wanda didn't uncroak 'em all, GK would have plausible grounds for denial.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Kyte posted:

My guess is carnymancy, ironically enough. It feels the theme of the object.

So Parson could attune to it, maybe.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

That battle featured casters pulling force multipliers out of their asses, or ways to take away the opposing multipliers.

It could only be won by a massive deus ex volcano.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Seravadon posted:

Jack isn't protected though. :ohdear:

He's already died, so I don't think you could really have expected him to have Fate protection.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I did not think that through, whoops.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Linked casters are hilariously more overpowered than guns.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

So this is a pretty resounding victory for GK. Charlie's going to have repaired his Dish connection by the time GK can mount a non-Magic Kingdom attack, and attacking Charlie through that portal seems idiotic.

So either the story will keep on meandering with attacking Charlie as an end-goal, or it'll be pretty much over. Unless they revisit GK versus the world as in the first book.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Aumanor posted:

Does it?

He bleeds and it is gross.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

With Wanda in charge, she could go for max personal gain and down the neutral casters one by one, decrypting as they go down.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Hah, maybe they'll have to escape through Charlie's portal. Not like there's any archons left in the portal room.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Getting the feeling it might get a bit too Deus Ex Machina to get out of this one .

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Summon a more perfect warlord when he gets bored. Basically become Charlie 2.0

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

New wordy update.

Interesting to see how the great minds work, but so god drat Deus Ex Machina

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

Also, lmao if you didn't expect either this or a Flower Power version of this.

I was expecting flower power or Parson escaping to a third party, which would have been interesting as well. This kinda came from nowhere and neatly gets Parson out of immediate trouble. Will have to see how it unfolds.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't consider that. Casters may have above average intelligence for Erfworld, but that's (very) faint praise. Parson "cheated" GK into a winning position by exploiting the (sometimes) obvious mechanics they all live by.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Eh, Parson being prisoner of Transylvito isn't bad. They got access to Bunny and while she's a pariah, they can offer her redemption if she help manipulate the situation. It's also not on the rear end end of the world, so GK could mount a rescue or easy ransom.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Stanley makes up his own rules and Erfworld accommodates. Maybe because he has the hammer? Some sort of primal carnymancy.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Carrasco posted:

Parson managing to withstand the pain enough to deliver his goals is surprising, but I guess leveling has toughened him up. Also, Maggie is totally going to lead a jailbreak with that golem.

He's bound by Duty to try whatever might work, so that helps. Probably doesn't dull the pain, though.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

And thus the terrible purpose of Jed the Head was revealed!

I applaud it wholeheartedly.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I hope this just got very interesting.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Was the perfect warlord spell something Charlie had a hand in? Is he being hoisted by his own Carnymancy? Cause that bracer is cheating the rules a bit...

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

That spoiler is from nearly 10 years ago. Oh god this thing has been going on (hiatus) for a long time.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

It's from 9 years ago and it has yet to happen. It's not going to he relevant for at least another 2 artists drawing the comic.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Charlie wants to plant seeds of plausible doubt about his sources. Just sucks for him that there's a sort-of magic 8-ball spoiling his shenanigans.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The tribe wasn't turned by turnamancer magic, but by negotiation with Charlie, no?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

reignonyourparade posted:

It's worse than that. He's chief caster now, which generally puts you in charge of magic. He presumably ASSIGNED HIMSELF to being stuck in a room full of guns making bullets all day because Duty.

He's a smart enough man to know that if Charlie has these, Erfworld is tucked unless stopped.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The website is turning into a fan site for itself, and getting less mobile friendly.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

Weird complaints here. Why not just bookmark the "latest page" link, same as for pretty much every webcomic?

This is how it looks on my phone:

Half the screen is filled with junk and ads. So I turn it sideways for easier reading.

Still full of junk, better but gotta zoom in for my old person eyesight.

Holy poo poo the page is being eaten by his name!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Korgan posted:

Fixed it for you. :)

Thanks, phone posting and didn't notice I did it wrong.

That tip to read it via the wiki is a very good one, thanks also!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Onmi posted:

Faq is basically a whole new side on the grand stage, but they're essentially just Charlescomm's arm, even if they aren't aware of it.

Jillian knows, she just doesn't care. She was a barbarian too long to care.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Onmi posted:

New page

I'm guessing this archon misses the others, since back in the pre-book 2 updates, it was mentioned that Archon's lived more in a sorority

Or she's thinking about how much of an idiot she now works for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Don is going to ally GK and then kill himself, leaving Caesar on the throne or something.