Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Fate needs Parson there to do his thing, so when the bracer gave an answer Fate didn't like, it got changed to what it should have been.

The bracer is probably only as good as the person wearing it. With flawed intell, it'll give flawed results. I think it's a lot more likely that Jillian just needs to capture Parson by diplomacy (threatening is diplomacy) and then everything'll be fine. But with TV not knowing the extent to which Charlie wants Parson eliminated, they just think she'll capture the entire city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The heir will get Parson signamancy because it'll pop with him helping TV during the fight with Jillian/Charlie.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Charlie doesn't need to officially know about Parson if Jillian attacks. Jillians is warrior queen of a new side that just backstabbed her friendly neighbour because she needed more cities.

By coincidence she found Parson and traded him to Charlie.

The bracer might or might not consider the calculation itself for its calculating. If it knows that knowing the result will influence the result, it could adjust for that.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

With Charlie able to tap into all kinds of thinkamancy, could he be tapping into the semi-alive thinkamancy golem?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The MK portal works both ways when it comes to an impending attack by Charlie. Veiled archons can ambush people escaping through it, so it's a bit of a false safety.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I like Jed.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Maybe with an ArkenNeedle attuned to Maggie so she can sort out all the threads.

She can then link up with Wanda and combine their tools into the ArkenNeedlenosePliers.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The tools most likely do different things for different types of character/caster. The hammer might help dirtomancers build castles or something. They're deliberately vague so Rob can make them do whatever they need to do.

The boots on the foot of a Dittomancer would be amusing. Could that caster then literally be everywhere at once?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

This is a win, he can claim she sprung them abd stack the deck even further against Charlie. If they survive, that is.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Parson is so game breaking, he's built his own AI that finds new ways to break the game (Jed).

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Seravadon posted:

I feel like I am missing something very obvious but who is that dollamancer supposed to be?

The guy who trapped the GK portal that Bonnie flew through, dodging the trap. The long-neck engineer guy.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Doh. I forgot all about Claud.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The treaty doesn't actually stop them from fighting, it just puts a very severe penalty on the attacker.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Onmi posted:

I'm curious, do units who change allegiance midcombat become unable to act? Could Parson waltz a horde of bats right up to Charlie and then transfer them back to Transylvito so they could attack, then pull them back and have Caeser transfer them to Gobwin Knob in the same turn?

Units that get uncroaked can act, which is kinda the same mechanically, I think. But I think FAQ being a separate entity means Jillian doesn't have to abide by the treaty.

I want Parson to get all those bats miniature gunpowder bombs. They got all the ingredients for it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Charlie can afford the hits it'd take to wipe out 200 bats, though. GK would be loaded, but Charlie would get Parson.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

Nope. Charlescomm has around 200 million in schmuckers and 500 million in gems. Even if you took out every bat in 1 hit you'd only get 3/4 of them before the contract starts eating units and cities.

Turns out 200 times 5 isn't 100, but 1000 :( Still, Charlescomm doesn't have to take out all of the bats. And Jillian is most likely far enough removed from Charlie that she doesn't have to pay.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Grognan posted:

As far as we know, poo poo gets strange with carnymancers. I bet if you linked Dirtamancy, Shockmancy and a Carny you could make a nuke.

A nuke isn't cheating the rules of reality, so a dirtomancer might be able to make it on his own if there is uranium in Erfworld. If there isn't any, you'd probably need Charlie or parson in the link to help cheat some yellowcake into existence.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I kinda hope Jillian isn't going to attack anything important at all. Too many stories in comics and games put too much emphasis on something outlandish that might happen and then guess what happens!

I would settle for a Jillian that wants to do a magic kingdom jailbreak of Wanda, though. She could get in through Charlie's portal.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Charlie could mess with the strings of the newly popped Prince in ways nobody can tell with his Arkendish, so maybe he wants to set up another, more literal puppet side.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

He's getting used to the idea of sitting back, relaxing and letting someone else do all the hard thinking.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I think it was just a description of the light flickering on, not continuously flickering. That'd probably get a stranger reaction if Benjamin hadn't seen it happen yet.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

Eh, I doubt that's the reason. If Parson and Benjamin fight the battle together on the same side, Ben will relay to the bracer any question Parson wants to ask.

If it works with subconcious info that the wearer has, Ben isn't going to be as good at asking the questions as Parson is.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

A dirtomancer that punches through bedrock could probably construct skymines. Perhaps out if said bedrock.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I get the same feeling from the story I got from Game of Thrones. The writer doesn't know when to stop writing new stuff and start finishing plotlines, but is now so overwhelmed he needs much more time to make it all fit, so buys time with filler.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

Hm. So, to what degree are Roger's agenda and the Great Minds' agenda the same and different?

My guess:
Great Minds want Charlie out of the picture cause he challenges their (secret) dominance of the magic kingdom. They'll go to great lengths to do this, working with Stanley and Parson.

Roger wants back to the status quo before things got complicated by Arkentools. He wants to get rid of the troublemakers, manipulating his peers to make a return to his simpler life possible.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I do wonder why they waited until Charlie turned them to cut the strings. To send a message? To send a team to retrieve the bodies in Charlie's livery?

Maybe it somehow gave them plausible deniability with the scrying Charlie thought about earlier.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

Finally there is the "none of the above" scenario. The Great Mind don't have any evidence to show to the other independent casters, and the bodies disappear.

None of the above: The Great Minds didn't kill them. Something lurks beneath the bedrock that only tolerates free casters did.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Maybe they found a roundabout way to decrypt Wanda. Let the trial finish, she gets executed, then quietly uncroaked and she decrypts herself with the pliers or something.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yeah, I think I'm done with ErfWorld. We've had a whole lot of nothing for a very long time.

It'd make a really cool RPG setting, where all the weird rules interactions and things can be used by players, make a party of Parsons. But as a comic that can't even decide what the plot of the book is, much less how long it should be?

Bye, thread. Y'all've been cool. :shrug:

It can't decide if it wants to be a comic, a book or a graphic novel.

I was done with it, but came back when they settled on a reliable update schedule. If they stop regularly updating (like that thanksgiving post seems to indicate), I'm probably going to give it a miss for a months as well.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Update!

Still no end in sight for this book.

Wonder if he's going to have Vinny convert Jillian's heir and perhaps the city, leaving her to make GK her new capital. Would be kinda poetic to end the story with the reconquest of Gobwin Knob.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I'm wondering what the meaning of 'free units' is in that last sentence. Free could be 'no longer captured', but then he goes on to write 'and is paying upkeep' so it might be free upkeep units, decrypted.

Would be a bit of a stretch to skip over the jail-break of Wanda, though.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Here's hoping that the one-woman zombie apocalypse gets out and about in the Magic Kingdom.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Edit: so the whole subplot about the mass hippiemancer spell really was totally pointless huh

Nothing says the decrypted can't cast it. Although I'm actually hoping Wanda won't be able to do a lot in the magic kingdom after thinking about it. She can get ludicrous decrypted caster combos, leading to mass murder and decryption spells.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

Good point!

So it will just be a huge ball of eccentric wizards who are now a crazy person's mind-slaves wandering around the side.

If she gets a bunch of thinkamancers (or just Bunny working overtime), she can have endless combos of world breaking spells, using Parson for inspiration.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

There's still that doll running around down there, no? So if Charlie isn't spacing out on the gardening channel he should be aware of some severe shenanigans going down.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

It was Claud's, but I don't think they ever established what happens to summoned/created units after the caster dies. It seemed pretty upset when it saw Claud die and had a blue-ish costume, so I assumed it turned over to Charlie as well.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

One of 'em says Cheat.

I like how the title spells out that Vinny is the father. Wonder if people in Erfworld feel any Loyalty to family.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

It's also been established that they're all lose to Transylvito, so they will probably all fall relatively easily with Jillian being so far out with most of her army.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

And similar signamancy doesn't mean similar loyalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Hmm, now that I think about it he does seem especially upset Don isn't in charge anymore.